• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WOOT 9 game win streak :eek:

GG Zep.

DM IS WIN STREAK WIN NUMBER 10 COMING UP!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DCX said:
Jobber! Show yourself, or i'm going to bed.

DCX

sorry dude

was watching jaxus christ beat up on the real spurs

we still have...

*counts*

5? 5! 5? days

I apologize for not being around much. My 360 has the RROD of for the 5th time *sigh* I sent it off to microsoft and I am seriously considering telling them to blow it out there ass and keep the piece of shit. I am the phoenix suns owner

Fifty

GG Pheeniks. Man, you had me scared there at the end...I'm not sure why you didn't intentionally foul me when you were down by 7. That Wade 3 would have really hurt me then. Jason Williams had me on the ropes with his quick 5 points.

We both had some tough luck with shots close to the basket, you especially when it mattered.. I'm guessing fatigue played an issue there, at least with Shaq.

I was lucky that my jumpers were falling, especially in the first half. Jack (not Jaxx, Jack) played as well as he has all season..his first half jumpers were just silky swishes everytime. You shouldn't have reminded me I had him on my team..he had never shot that well before. I guess he had something to prove.

I can't believe I shot 1/12 from the FT line. That's just disgusting..There's no excuse for that..even if I want to say it's because it had been a while since I used this team and I was used to other releases!

gg fifty

so ... you want to take antoine walker for JAX?

and yeah, fuck this shot distribution shit. nobody on my team can hit anything, covered or not. and everytime i want haslem to take a normal shot he does some stupid floater shit.

i didn't foul you cause i felt like i'd be abusing the FT rule. down by 7, it's unlikely for any team to come back

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
gg fifty

so ... you want to take antoine walker for JAX?

and yeah, fuck this shot distribution shit. nobody on my team can hit anything, covered or not. and everytime i want haslem to take a normal shot he does some stupid floater shit.

i didn't foul you cause i felt like i'd be abusing the FT rule. down by 7, it's unlikely for any team to come back

You played your 12th game? Trade Deadline is over!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
You played your 12th game? Trade Deadline is over!

loooooooooophole.

a few of us haven't played 12 games because someone was away or a dead 360

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
True can you play on wed or thurs?

Yes I can. I can probably play tonight (Wednesday) but Thursday would work too.

Hit me on AIM or Live if you see me on. Both my AIM and gamertag are the same as here.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Yes I can. I can probably play tonight (Wednesday) but Thursday would work too.

Hit me on AIM or Live if you see me on. Both my AIM and gamertag are the same as here.

Will do. It might have to be tomorrow today is my 21st bday:D

Either way I'll add you on AIM and let you know.

Zep

Banned
I havent been getting that out of control animation like 10x a game. Played 3 gms(patch came out around 6am) and it has only happened twice to me.

Smokey

True if at all possible we gotta play tonite. I'll be a home around 1030pm central from work and I think you said your Mountain time which is behind me so it should be a bit earlier for you. I hope we can play tonite, tomorrow I'll be gone with friends for my 21st bday.

widgetraf

Hey,

I'm going to be out of the country from the 14th to the 5th of Jan. If it's possible, to hold off all games until then so I can play all of them when I get back, that would be cool. :D

Our league needs a Christmas break too, you know!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
1030 is 35 minutes away, but im about to get off from work and head home.

Yeah I was thinking you said EST. Well I'm sitting here waiting. I sent you a friend request and everything. Hurry up. I'm tired and need the sleep.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Everyone please pay attention to shooting percentages and such for the next little while. I just played my first league game after the patch and the game seemed way too easy. The guy I just played shot 75% in the first half. And he was taking real shots, some contested threes, pull ups etc... I was getting murdered and I was shooting over 55%. It wasn't fun.

Players seem slippery now and move faster, more arcadey etc...

One good thing was that it was very easy to hit free throws.

Fifty

Interesting. I missed Zep's post above..The stats look ok for the full game's length. I'm eager to see more results.

Wow @ Dwight going 11/11. If Smokey had lost I'd never let him hear the end of it for not taking more shots with him. Garrity's 5/5 from 3 must have been part of the 75% first half.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Interesting. I missed Zep's post above..The stats look ok for the full game's length. I'm eager to see more results.

Wow @ Dwight going 11/11. If Smokey had lost I'd never let him hear the end of it for not taking more shots with him. Garrity's 5/5 from 3 must have been part of the 75% first half.

The only reason his stats are lower is because he played his bench for a very large stretch during the 3rd and finally missed some shots. I mean he has an allstar team out there (except Garrity - but he couldn't miss). His stats are all well balanced. He didn't abuse anyone on offense at all, it's just that pressure really didn't seem to bother a shooter during the game. And I didn't figure that out till the 4th and started shooting quicker shots with guys flying at me and kept hitting them.

Well, I played a couple games online today against randoms (fun, fun!) and I didn't have any complaints. Double teams are less effective (which makes playing against random people much more enjoyable), off the ball controls finally work, and when you pump fake and the defender bites it's much easier to get around the defender and drive to the hoop.

Smokey is probably the best shooter I've played in the league thus far. It felt like he could make any shot he was going to take. So the patch might have helped somewhat, but he's a great shooter regardless and it might have just been his day.

Smokey

Ok...apparently I'm a guy who likes to bend rules so I'd like to ask everyone whos played me so far if they have any objection to how i play this game. It seems to me that playing aggressive full court man-man defense is now outlawed for some reason. So aka or someone please refresh my memory as to what i can and cannot do since apparently im a dodgy player or w/e.

thanks
smokey

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
Well, I played a couple games online today against randoms (fun, fun!) and I didn't have any complaints. Double teams are less effective (which makes playing against random people much more enjoyable), off the ball controls finally work, and when you pump fake and the defender bites it's much easier to get around the defender and drive to the hoop.

Smokey is probably the best shooter I've played in the league thus far. It felt like he could make any shot he was going to take. So the patch might have helped somewhat, but he's a great shooter regardless and it might have just been his day.

So he does shoot that good normally? Holy crap!! It was ridiculous. He was hitting step back threes with Garrity. lol. Even did the jab step with Lewis on Bron and got a bit of space I jumped for the block and was way up there and he still dropped the dagger on me.

I hope I can give him a better challenge next time cause I got beat pretty handedly. I got it under 10 several times but he would always go on a run right away and push the lead back up.

I still have quite a few games to make up with people though. Get at me guys. I really want to play more of this game. I love it.

Wsv771
Juan
DM
CB3
Malleymal
Widgetraf

And is Shawn in the league again?

Fifty

Smokey Bones said:
Ok...apparently I'm a guy who likes to bend rules so I'd like to ask everyone whos played me so far if they have any objection to how i play this game. It seems to me that playing aggressive full court man-man defense is now outlawed for some reason. So aka or someone please refresh my memory as to what i can and cannot do since apparently im a dodgy player or w/e.

thanks
smokey

Did someone complain about the way you played?

Full court man all game isn't technically against the rules, but I think it'd annoy me if I was playing against someone who did it all game. Hard to say since I haven't had to deal with it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Did someone complain about the way you played?

Full court man all game isn't technically against the rules, but I think it'd annoy me if I was playing against someone who did it all game. Hard to say since I haven't had to deal with it.

Yeah I made some comments but he took them much harsher than I intended. No big deal.

Full court man to man has been an issue since Shawnawn-gate. Everyone is well aware of that. No full court defense unless you are down by 10 points (last two minutes of the 4th quarter is free game).

Smokey

nah i'm fine w/ constructive criticism. i figure if it's frowned upon then it should've been stated in the rules. it was not and didn't kno anything about it so i always play pressure defense. but i guess that'll change now.

anyway i feel better now that i've eaten..but i'll cut back on the full court pressure, even though i wasn't doing it every possession i mixed up different zones as well as man to man but ok.... that couldve been one reason it seemed i was so defensive when i get hungry i get defensive:lol

My bad on the sportsmanship part..I will take blame for that part I could've handled it differently but gg.

Fifty

So far the biggest change by far is the inclusion of off the ball controls (LB). Honestly, it feels like they never tested the game out online. To just 'forget' to include such a big thing astounds me. It opens up a huge portion of the game that just wasn't there before.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just played Fifty and my damn team kept pressing after every basket I made when I didnt want them to.

I would press A to correct it,for man to man D,but my team would again after every basket start pressing..what the hell

Game also does seem like it moves faster or something.I feel like I have to learn my shots again.Yao's shot feels much faster,I made a couple of jumpshots with him,but it felt strange.

The off the ball control is the best thing from this patch.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I just played Fifty and my damn team kept pressing after every basket I made when I didnt want them to.

I would press A to correct it,for man to man D,but my team would again after every basket start pressing..what the hell

You have to make sure you go to coaching and then settings and switch the defensive from auto w/msg to manual. You have to do this before the beg. of every game.

I'll have to try the offball controls online.

Matrix

Smokey,I always do that,unless cause im so tired I thought I pressed that and didnt :lol I didnt bother to even look at it again while we were playing.I paused the game thinking it was my controller/or some patch issue.

whoops.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Smokey,I always do that,unless cause im so tired I thought I pressed that and didnt :lol I didnt bother to even look at it again while we were playing.I paused the game thinking it was my controller/or some patch issue.

whoops.

Enough with the small talk when are you gonna lose so I can breathe a little.

Matrix

Dm might beat me if I shoot like I just did against Fifty.

Fifty

Aka, I'm out tonight but I'll certainly be able to play on Sunday..so if you can play on Sunday (evening especially) then we're in good shape.

Top Bottom