• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Unlike Madden, I'm glad there isn't a spectator mode in this game. Between the NY/NJ game and DET/CLE we've got some ugly games going on recently. I scored 89 points and I thought not enough of my shots were going in. Are people playing really downtempo, messing up releases/taking bad shots, or is the game just screwing people with wide open shots bricking?

None of my games have been ugly at all. But I'm playing a much more deliberate pace this year and so far it's going ok for me. Both my games against Pheeniks and Chris James were worthy of being on TV. The tension and drama that put Pheeniks and I into overtime was awesome and then with Chris down 2 with 11 seconds left I fouled and sent him to the line. He hits the first one. Down 1 now. Misses the second one, gets the offensive rebound with Sheed, goes up for the putback and I get a hand on it and he misses. Game over.

This game is amazing when it's played the right way.

AkaBalla

What do you guys feel about the half court pressure that causes you to get the backcourt violation? IMO it is a flaw with 2k.. It has happened to me in a few games i've played in.. During a fast break situatio i would understand using it but not when the offense is bringing the ball upcourt slowly..

Let me hear some feedback!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Once or twice in a game doesnt bother me,more than that and then the cuss words start flying.

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
What do you guys feel about the half court pressure that causes you to get the backcourt violation? IMO it is a flaw with 2k.. It has happened to me in a few games i've played in.. During a fast break situatio i would understand using it but not when the offense is bringing the ball upcourt slowly..

Funny you mention that. During CBs "huge" come back, he force Calderon into committing 4 of those in a row it seemed. Ok maybe three in a row, 4 in 6 possessions. It killed me, as i lost momentum going into the fourth quarter and the game was lost. It was crazy. If it was created, yeah that sucks that i lost that way.

DCX

You will say WOW.

In my game against Zep just now I shot a blazing 23% (16/67), but somehow managed to still win the game 48-45. He shot 31%. Craziness...

I didn't think I had any chance to win, because I was down by 5 near the start of the 4th qtr. and I couldn't hit anything, but thankfully Tayshaun stepped up and made some big plays.

-well, the post game stats said I shot 16/67, but the league site says I went 20/70. Still...

game stats

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ewwww chris ewwww :lol

You guys need to stop watching Knicks games.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:

All you have to do is tap the left trigger to stop the animation. Often times I play aggressive full court D with my guard so sometimes it happens, but I don't deliberately do it.

And why didn't my freakin stats of my game with Miami record on the league website...

When the games over can everyone not automatically turn their system off? Just quit exit the game like normal otherwise the stats do not get recorded.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Smokey Bones do you want to play tonight after the league is advanced?

I'll get back to you on that one. I've got to study my last 2 chapters in my Accounting class tonite. If I can get all that done, I'll let you know and we can go.

AkaBalla

3 games remain.. Are these going to be played?

Atlanta @ LA Clippers - Never going to be played
Washington @ Utah - This game should be played
Phoenix @ San Antonio - This game has potential in being played

Fifty

Well Widgetraf and I set up a game for 'next' week, assuming that it would be advancing as scheduled, for 12:30 eastern tonight, so that'll have to be cancelled if this doesn't advance on time...Hopefully it does.

So what're you thinking Smokey? Still studying?

It's no problem if that's what you gotta do; I'm writing a paper that's due tomorrow, but I could use a 2k8 break...

If not tonight, I should be able to play late tomorrow night.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
So what're you thinking Smokey? Still studying?

It's no problem if that's what you gotta do; I'm writing a paper that's due tomorrow, but I could use a 2k8 break...

If not tonight, I should be able to play late tomorrow night.

We can play I'm heading on now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
Phoenix @ San Antonio - This game has potential in being played
who the hell is Phoenix? This better not be another one of those sniffn people

Fifty

Aka (or I guess any of the 8 or so commishes besides myself), can you make sure that the league has advanced by 10 eastern today? My game was widgetraf for the week that was was supposed to unlock yesterday (but didn't because the servers were down) is scheduled for then. Thanks.

For some reason I can't sign into the site properly so that's why I'm not just doing it myself.

Matrix

How do I get ahold of the *cheesy,according to Jobber* Hawks owner Sniffindrawz for week 12? I see he didnt play his week 11 game against the Clippers.

Does he ever post here?

I've never seen the Hawks owner post in here. I think you can only get a hold of him via AIM or XBL.

Smokey, it turns out I'll be able to play anytime in the next 2-3 hours or late tonight.

Fifty

I was blindfolded and then led through the streets of Jalalabad for what seemed like hours, in the back of a truck. Soon, the city noise began to fade and we drove along a bumpy road in what could only be the mountainous outskirts of town. Eventually, I heard yelling outside the vehicle and a man with a hoarse voice grabbed me and threw my off the truck, led me along a dirty path and tied me down in a chair. He left the room, and I waited for what must have been in an hour for someone to return.

My blindfold was removed by a man with a hoarse voice and it was revealed that I was sitting in a cave in front of a 13 inch B&W TV, with an Xbox 360 hooked up to it. The man handed me a 360 controller and strapped a mic to my head. Only then was I able to communicate with the man they called Sniffindrawz.

Matrix

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
For some reason I can't sign into the site properly so that's why I'm not just doing it myself.

When you cant log onto the website, it means the servers are down. It will be advanced.

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
How do I get ahold of the *cheesy,according to Jobber* Hawks owner Sniffindrawz for week 12? I see he didnt play his week 11 game against the Clippers.

Does he ever post here?

OP or the league website has aim screen names.. Help yourself.... Sniffin never has had access to the forums even after multiple attempts by myself to have access to the gaming forum. Oh well..

That's an awesome story Fifty. You should be an author.

I also have the problem signing into the site, but it only happens when I'm using Firefox so I just open the site and sign in using a different browser. I'll go ahead and advance the league right now...

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
That's an awesome story Fifty. You should be an author.

I also have the problem signing into the site, but it only happens when I'm using Firefox so I just open the site and sign in using a different browser. I'll go ahead and advance the league right now...

Can you play now or in the next hour?

GG.

That was another frustrating game for me with all the steals that you got off me, but you played fair and everything, just tough defense. That 4 point play by Rip with 1:30 to go was pretty awesome :D Just a shame I couldn't pull out the W.

Good luck with the season.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
GG.

That was another frustrating game for me with all the steals that you got off me, but you played fair and everything, just tough defense. That 4 point play by Rip with 1:30 to go was pretty awesome :D Just a shame I couldn't pull out the W.

Good luck with the season.

I dropped the controller when that happened. I thought it would rim out but it didn't and I said "...are you FUCKING kidding me?". That was an instance of me being over aggressive on defense.

If not for the tough D I probably would've lost. I was 8% from the 3 pt line man. I think we played 2x or so in a scrimmage and I knew playing you in the season would be tough and it was, but it was probably the most fun game I've had all season as it came down to the end. Steve hit some HUGE FT's at the end of the game to put me up by 4.

Fifty

Wow, Widgetraf, for a game we had been planning for a few days now, that game sure was ugly. I don't think it was either of our faults..It was the game being a total retard. You had so many point blank shots just flat out miss, and I had basically every top of the key jumper I took miss.

I was lucky because my guys were blocking everything in the post for once, and David Lee had grown 16 sets of eyes on his back to help him twirl around and intercept so many passes.

If I had rented 2K and only played that one game, I would never play a second it was so nasty..I'm sorry you didn't get 'good 2K'. All of my releases felt a bit different because we had a little bit more lag than I'm used to, maybe that's why the shooting was so off.

Anyway, I'm not bitching..My only point is that I'm sorry you got such bad luck and it was such an ugly game. I didn't deserve to win by that much.

Oh yeah, and that lengthy pause was because my controller ran out of batteries!

i truly hate this game!

it just doesn't make any sense. you miss shots randomly. there is no rhyme or reason as to why/when your team is missing shots. i score 20 points in the first quarter, 25 the rest of the game! dm missed 15 3's and i shit you not at least 10 were WIDE OPEN 3's. ugh

Matrix

The sliders need to be upped or you two need to practice Madden style!

Smokey

Maybe I've just had good 'luck' but I haven't had too many problems with shots in my games. I played ChrisJames earlier and he was knockin' down shots all over the place and I did pretty good myself as long as I was inside the 3 pt lane. Same experience pretty much over the last 2 games.

Maybe you guys need to practice the release points online or somethin'?

Fifty

I think there's definitely more to it than people simply not having the skill to execute.

I've had games where wide open shot after wide open shot were bricking, and I'm a good shooter. Luckily in those games I was able to go inside and score to stay in the game, or keep my lead. I don't think there's any denying that it does turn into a strange beast, especially recently, sometimes for no rhyme or reason.

It definitely takes into account 'cold' streaks more than real life does. If you've got a great shooter who misses 3 shoots, he's likely going to miss more in a row in the game than he would in reality.

Whatever..I guess we've just got to ride it out. 2K's gameplay and servers much alike. They can be great sometimes, and then sometimes they make no sense at all.

Also, FMT, stop shooting with Baron. Your last two games with him can't all be the game's fault. That shit is just too ugly to look at. Give Parker more shots! He did great last game, and he got so few shots..this game? Zero shots! It's not like he's a low rated scrub..his rating is very high, and he's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Look at Baron's 3 rating..it's not so good. You took way too many 3's with a below average 3 point shooter.

It's funny giving FMT tips in a sports videogame

Yeah, I agree that there's more to it than just not knowing shot releases. Just look at my last 3 games box score's to figure that out. In my first two games I couldn't hit anything (including a lot of open shots) and in my last game I was making a lot of my shots.

I think that even though the game usually doesn't appear to be laggy there are some underlying lag issues, but they're just not visibly noticeable (if that makes sense).

widgetraf

Fifty said:
Wow, Widgetraf, for a game we had been planning for a few days now, that game sure was ugly. I don't think it was either of our faults..It was the game being a total retard. You had so many point blank shots just flat out miss, and I had basically every top of the key jumper I took miss.

I was lucky because my guys were blocking everything in the post for once, and David Lee had grown 16 sets of eyes on his back to help him twirl around and intercept so many passes.

If I had rented 2K and only played that one game, I would never play a second it was so nasty..I'm sorry you didn't get 'good 2K'. All of my releases felt a bit different because we had a little bit more lag than I'm used to, maybe that's why the shooting was so off.

Anyway, I'm not bitching..My only point is that I'm sorry you got such bad luck and it was such an ugly game. I didn't deserve to win by that much.

Oh yeah, and that lengthy pause was because my controller ran out of batteries!

:lol

For a game that is all about timing, I would expect 2K to have better servers to deal with the lag. No excuses though, grats on the win! An ugly win is still a W. :lol

quick question, i played online for the first time and i noticed i couldn't use the off-ball controls (left bumper). why is that? am i missing something?

Smokey

viakado said:
quick question, i played online for the first time and i noticed i couldn't use the off-ball controls (left bumper). why is that? am i missing something?

It will be included in the patch that's due any day now.

Smokey Bones said:
It will be included in the patch that's due any day now.
thanks smokey. So when is the season over? i'm itching to play gaf. I just played my first online game tonight, i just bombed on him for a 31 point blowout. anyone wanna play me?
my gamertag: viakado

oh btw, im also under gaf sports.:D

Smokey

viakado said:
thanks smokey. So when is the season over? i'm itching to play gaf. I just played my first online game tonight, i just bombed on him for a 31 point blowout. anyone wanna play me?
my gamertag: viakado

oh btw, im also under gaf sports.:D

I'd play ya but I dunno if you're quite ready to take that step..just sayin..:p

We're halfway through the season right now and it our league moves at a slower pace and if they decide to do another it'd depend on if there was a waiting list or not that you'd have to get on, but I dunno I'm not an admin just a rookie tryin to make a name for myself in NBA2k on GAF!

Here's our website: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=195812&t=NBA2K8

You can look at standings, stats, scores of games etc. Pay especially close attention to that guy at the top of the standings with the Magic

AkaBalla

viakado said:
So when is the season over? i'm itching to play gaf

I'd reccomend taking over some point during the season to be considered in the next season. No more new jacks. So if you dont join soon then dont plan on playing.

Top Bottom