• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Yea im scared,it could be as bad as the Astros.

Hmmm do I wait and try the demo before I buy.

I would like to do the same...but I doubt we see one next week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
We're in trouble guys. MrBob has a new tv show. BAIL OUT!

:lol

Most likely something cheesy like this...

thumb_kyle-xy.jpg

edit - wait this is something YOU would watch Dm!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
We're in trouble guys. MrBob has a new tv show. BAIL OUT!
:lol We need to look at the summer tv schedule for this league and the fall schedule for the Madden league.

I don't even know how you can miss several weeks of games for a 1hr show. You can record, download, or watch the re-air.

DMczaf

Matrix said:

Most likely something cheesy like this...

thumb_kyle-xy.jpg

edit - wait this is something YOU would watch Dm!

Pfft I dont watch ANYTHING on ABC Family!!

My new summer tv show is BURN NOTICE!

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
Yea im scared,it could be as bad as the Astros.

Hmmm do I wait and try the demo before I buy.

The last 1up Yours podcast made me pretty scared for the quality of this game.

well, by the same token even if 1up was gushing about the game, it could've still ended up sucking ass. i would prefer to give VC the benefit of the doubt at this point... mainly because i am so desperate for football i don't really have another choice.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Really wish we could get a demo of this thing this week... =/ 2K is being stingy/shady with some details.

Mrbob said:
I just hope this game doesnt suck.

Two weeks from release and barely a video to be seen. Small snippets at best.

IGN has 10 videos. Plenty of opportunity to see how it looks. A demo sure would be nice though but we'll get one eventually.

Gamespot has 5 gameplay videos.

I wish they'd announce if it has gone gold or not . . . I wanna know if it will makes the 7/16 ship date or if it has been delayed a week or two. I'm pretty worked up for this game.

RBH

Kintaro said:
Really wish we could get a demo of this thing this week... =/ 2K is being stingy/shady with some details.

Apparently, there's going to be a demo during the "launch week" of the game.

bluemax

Banned
Most of the people will flake out/quit in the first week after launch. The tournament will weed a bunch more out. By week 3 only like 10 people will be left.

Kintaro

RBH said:

Damn I love Chali 2na.

Still looks pretty good. The more they show closes up, the more it exposes itself to me though. Players look really rough, low poly kind of rough. Cest la vie. We all know what we're getting.

RBH said:

I wish they would put the entire series of those videos up on their site. I guess they are holding them back for some official launch.

The rapper emphasizes big & late hits but from the video you can see it is normal football . . . no blood squirting or limbs flying. Injuries are supposed to be part of the game and we haven't seen any of those yet . . . I imagine those might make for some interesting animations. :lol

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Most of the people will flake out/quit in the first week after launch. The tournament will weed a bunch more out. By week 3 only like 10 people will be left.
There's not gonna be a tourney. :p

Maybe there can be two leagues. FMT league and Konex league. :lol

I call FMT league spot! :p

newsguy

Why not go old school and do 2 leagues and have the 2 champs play for their leagues supremacy AFL vs. NFL style?

Meier

I can't believe they're charging 60 bucks for this. I thought for sure it'd be $40. Who the hell outside of the hardest of the hardcore is going to pay the same price as Madden for this? I realize it comes out a month earlier, but oops, it's out the same time as NCAA which people would likely buy over it at full price too. Idiotic.

Kintaro

newsguy said:
Why not go old school and do 2 leagues and have the 2 champs play for their leagues supremacy AFL vs. NFL style?

I'm not in the league, but that's actually a good idea. In theory. :lol

Meier said:
I can't believe they're charging 60 bucks for this. I thought for sure it'd be $40. Who the hell outside of the hardest of the hardcore is going to pay the same price as Madden for this? I realize it comes out a month earlier, but oops, it's out the same time as NCAA which people would likely buy over it at full price too. Idiotic.

People that want to play as their favorite football legend.
People that like 2K Sports' football engine more than Madden's engine.
People that are really big football game fans and will buy both.
People that want a game with a full suite of online features.
People that want an alternative to the mere roster updates and endless micropayments in EA games.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. But the game does some advantages over Madden.

I'd like to see both football and baseball re-opened up to non-exclusive license deals . . . competition brings out the best games. EA's total football monopoly and TTWO's baseball 3rd-party monopoly are very anti-consumer.

i know i was jk!

also, what a worthless preview!

"gooblegobble EA has nfl license rabble game play smooth, i know ill be buying this coocoocachoo!"

TheDuce22

Banned
Ramirez said:
That's pretty ****ing rich coming from you.

Coming from a Madden fan ill take that as a complement. You wouldnt know a good football game if it beat you to death with a bag of doorknobs.

There he is . . . shadow monster! :lol

Apparently the kicker is gonna save the day by kicking the ball into his eye. :D
1183683458.jpg

Hey, how come the kick indicator shows up on the jumbotron? Ooops.

could be a zone where the OLB's flatten out towards the sideline. i like mixing up zones that way cause people get trigger happy when they see such a huge gap, then when they try to do a quick pass the LB is there to pick the ball like a nose!

p.s. Gillette Fusion... feel the fusion of 5 blades!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i hope they have injury updates that were as hilarious as NFL 2k5. who could forget this gem?

"Warren Sapp - Heart Attack - day to day"

You hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey.
sapp.jpg

Rorschach

speculawyer said:
They've got Joe Theisman in the game . . . they should have paid him a little extra to get the rights to recreate that famous play. :lol
Why do I watch it every time? ><

Jimmy Kimmel busted his balls about it on MNF. :lol The first thing he said when he got up to the booth was "...soo...how's the leg?"

newsguy

Team XBOX Preview said:
You can be sure that we’ll be bringing you a lot more information on All-Pro Football 2K8 in the coming months!

Thanks!!! Since the game is out in 11 days I will make sure to NOT visit your site for information!

The Ads begin . . . . I got an ad for APF 2K8 this morning on NeoGAF. I tried to grab a link for it but it was a flash thingy and I couldn't figure out how to get the link.

Nice ad . . . when you rollover it, it gives you access to videos & screenshots. It had three videos, the first trailer plus the two rap videos that we've seen.

It also invites you to see the rest of the videos at their site . . . and if you click, there are just the two trailers there. Put ALL the damn rap videos up!

This game will probably be a fun rental from Gamefly but with everything that we've seen so far, I just can't convince myself to spend $60 on it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Count me out of the league,if you want to know why go to the xbox is dead thread.

*weeps*

Top Bottom