• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
TheDuce22 said:
Well I got my team! :)

Gold
Ronnie Lott
Reggie White

Silver
Chuck Bednarik
Lester Hayes
Jerome Brown

Bronze
Jeff Hostetler
Christian Okoye
Rocket Ismail
Clyde Simmons
Jesse Sapolu
Tony Boselli
I think this will be a really really interesting season. I see you plan to go D for the most part and I'm gonna probably do the exact opposite... I guess it will take some getting the game hands on to really feel out what the best situation is. If it really just goes by gamestyle then offense it is for me.

Also I wouldn't mind us having the draft in the order that everyone signed up as previously suggested. So then all we would be waiting on is the final decision on how many teams are allowed. Having a tournament with this game seems almost the worst way to determine draft order. In madden or NCAA I understand, but not this.. I would rather FMT or someone draw numbers out of a hat and thats where you draft.

SickBoy

Add me to the list of people interested in the league -- being way down, I'm not sure what'll happen... it's going to be neat to see how many people fall off.

A month ago, I'd say it was an outside chance, but for no good reason other than the impressive looking atmosphere in the vids and stupid optimism, I'm getting very hyped for this game.

Interested to see what, if any, Canadian cities are available... you can put me down for Calgary for the time being... but I'm sure there's some sort of city that's not taken that would be a more than suitable alternative...

guys im just going to draw names. the ONLY thing i'm waiting on is a definitive list on who is gold, silver, bronze. 24 players will be allowed to play in the online league.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
You stay away from Randall and we'll be fine

I already told everyone in this thread. Randall Cunningham is MINE. I have years of Randall love over you. It's not an Eagles thing. It's a Randall thing.

He's MINE!!!! :)

I'm totally aware that talking about my 360 still living is jinxing me. I'm not worried cause I can just walk into the store where I bought it and walk right back out with a new one. I had an offer from a Microsoft rep to trade in my 360 for an Elite when that first came out (I would have paid the difference etc..) but balked on that cause it didn't have anything new in it really. Someday this will die. I have come to terms with that. :)

newsguy said:
07.06.07.10.24.07.jpg

Small images FTL. I read his first threat as "Deep throat." :/

:(

That's how I saw it too

TheDuce22

Banned
vumpler said:
I think this will be a really really interesting season. I see you plan to go D for the most part and I'm gonna probably do the exact opposite... I guess it will take some getting the game hands on to really feel out what the best situation is. If it really just goes by gamestyle then offense it is for me.

Also I wouldn't mind us having the draft in the order that everyone signed up as previously suggested. So then all we would be waiting on is the final decision on how many teams are allowed. Having a tournament with this game seems almost the worst way to determine draft order. In madden or NCAA I understand, but not this.. I would rather FMT or someone draw numbers out of a hat and thats where you draft.

Well for me its more satisfying to hold a team to like 7 points than to score 40+ on them. Ive been playing 2k5 trying to remember what positions are most important in the 2k engine. I think at least 1 shutdown corner is almost a requirement on defense so my team will probably change.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ramirez said:
We have more than 24 people, how do you go about eliminating the fat. :lol

Game is released, people buy it, play it, wait a week, then re-post who is interested. Go from there.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
TheDuce22 said:
Well for me its more satisfying to hold a team to like 7 points than to score 40+ on them. Ive been playing 2k5 trying to remember what positions are most important in the 2k engine. I think at least 1 shutdown corner is almost a requirement on defense so my team will probably change.

Being that I didn't play 2k5 can anyone else suggest what positions are the most important with this game engine?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wonder if it will be worth buying on the PS3 to play against complete strangers!?

*weeps*

Willie Roaf at RB is a good start.

:lol if anyone still has that video please post it! i can't find it anymore and it was on my old computer :(

it was a classic indeed.

I wonder if it will be worth buying on the PS3 to play against complete strangers!?

whats going on with your 360? we need you in the league brother!

and the 24 players only will be resolved. i know we have more than 24 players "interested" judging on the first post, but that wont stay accurate. let me handle it and you just relax ladies!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix is the only one who can beat me in football anymore. With him out, perfect season = confirmed for me. [all-pro?] Bowl here i come!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Here Fmt,I'll copy and paste what I told True in a PM...

"June 8th,my system died,went through the whole process,and yesterday I got my refurb back and it took a month.I plugged in the refurb and it was busted out of the box,some disc drive issue and it wont let me play games,damn drive stays open all the time,even when I turn the system off it pops open lol.

I yelled and bitched in the xbox death thread and B-Rad Lascelle *who I believe works for MS* pm'ed me teling me he would be having a repair person call me that same day and they did yesterday.I didnt have to go through the 3 hour long wait and talk to an indian.

Repair person said my issue was rare and that they would send me a new box and it will be for overnight and that my process will go quicker this time.Dude also gave me his direct line to speak with him if I have any questions/problems.

So im waiting for my 2nd coffin and then we will see how long it takes and if it works,3rd times a charm,right?

The league will have started before I get any 360 back."

CB is not going to lose now,sorry guys :lol

TheDuce22

Banned
Truelize said:
Being that I didn't play 2k5 can anyone else suggest what positions are the most important with this game engine?

Well personally I like to cover the underneath stuff myself with either a linebacker or a saftey, thats why a cb i can trust to keep his man contained 1 on 1 is a must. It just depends on your playstyle.

Zep

Banned
CB wont lose?

ColdBlooded

18-14

2-1

Superbowl 0-1

56%

66%

What has he won?

I went there

oh crap i have to update that standings list!

zep do you have a link to that on my site? i don't even know it :lol

i will be updating a lot of league stuff this week hopefully. just need to get my FTP stuff up and running on my computer

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh crap i have to update that standings list!

zep do you have a link to that on my site? i don't even know it :lol

i will be updating a lot of league stuff this week hopefully. just need to get my FTP stuff up and running on my computer

I can't wait for you to add that super bowl win to my record. I wish I could have photos of this event! VIDEOS!

DMczaf

MrBob has to be the biggest fluke in the history of our Madden leagues. He's just like his real life Bears, only they couldn't get the job done!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Big Zep said:
CB wont lose?

ColdBlooded

18-14

2-1

Superbowl 0-1

56%

66%

What has he won?

I went there

Thats all old. We're talking recent where matrix broke my long ass winning streak and chance at a perfect season

DMczaf

Lets take a look at MrBob's awards shall we.

III. Kijana Carter Award - Worst Running Game

A. MrBob - how can you not run with the best running team in the game? What a sham.

V. Gwagh, gwagh, gwagh! Choker of the Year!

A. MrBob - defends his Superbowl crown by choking not once, but TWICE in a row despite having the "easiest" road to the playoffs. What a joke!

I. Brett Favre "Maybe I'll Play, Maybe I won't..." Award

A. MrBob - time and again when seasons start and as they go along, MrBob threatens to quit, to never play again, and to destroy his disc. Ok Favre!

II. "What are you doing David? I can't allow that." First Annual "Computer Screwed me out of a Win!" Award

A. Tie: MrBob/Andokuky - Tough to decide between these two, so it is a tie. Both never gave credit to their opponents and always claimed some greater artificial intelligence held back their greatness.

V. "I'll play later! I gots to see my shows!" Biggest Procrastinator

A. MrBob - time and again Bobby had to see his shows. Get your games over with first!

IX. Jeff Garcia Karma Police Award

A. MrBob - you wanted it you got it! Your mortgaged your madden future on your one title, now you are forever cursed! You shall never see the playoffs again.... ever!... for 3 months :(

1. FMT - San Francisco
2. ColdBlooded - Philadelphia
3. Zep - New Jersey
4. MrBob - Chicago
5. QVT - Los Angeles
6. Shamrock - Pennsylvania
7. DMczaf - Las Vegas
8. bdoughty - Oklahoma City or Lubbock if available
9. Ramirez - Pittsburgh
10. Vumpler - Carolina
11. bluemax - Seattle (San Diego or Los Angeles as alternates)
12. lix2k3 - Houston
13. Unomas - Green Bay... wtf!
14. Andokuky - Dallas
15. GCQuinton - Charlotte
16. Pheeniks - Miami
17. Shawnhann - dallas forthworth!?
18. Truelize - Canada
19. Matrix - Houston...?
20. Konex - Detroit?
21. Rors - Los Angeles
22. AkaBalla - New England
23. malleymal - Kansas City
24. Jman11 - Florida
25. bishoptl - Vancouver Bear-type Animals
26. livewire - Washington
27. ChrisJames - Michigan
28. Duce22 - Arizona
29. Orangutan - Philadelphia
30. CK - New York
31. sableholic - washington
32. Skiptastic - Indianapolis
33. YilmazY - Tallahasee
34. zy - cleveland
35. crowza - dallas
36. lonestar - seattle? (was that a yes you'll play? and where have you been!)
37. newsguy - miami
------

the players highlighted are league vets and/or people who we've played in other leagues with or that i know will play.

if your name isn't highlighted its because either you've never played in a league, played but dropped out, or because i dont even know for sure that you want to play! the highlighted players are at 25, but some players (bishop, matrix, rors?) i dont know if they still want to play or will have 360's based on how MS conducts its repair process.

i dont know that there will be 3 dallas teams, i didn't update that stuff.

and yes, you create the entire team you take online. including your roster, team name, location, uniforms, etc.

we will also have to coordinate uniform information. the last thing i want is 2 teams with identical uniforms, then when you play you get it all jumbled.

Rorschach

I may still be able to play. I'm hoping against hope, but as long as the draft doesn't start right when the game launches, I might get in right in nick of time. I still don't know yet, though. I tried calling MS for a status report, but it took too long and I had to go. I'll try again.

bdoughty

Banned
When I look at that list of bolded names, all I see are "W's."

While most of you cat's were hating on the 2k5, I was honing my skills... Tappitty, Tap, Tap, Tap... that is the sound of me sprinting to a touchdown.

Have they said anything about this? I know most people prefer the hold button/trigger down for sprint but to me the tapping was more realistic.

Ramirez

bdoughty said:
When I look at that list of bolded names, all I see are "W's."

While most of you cat's were hating on the 2k5, I was honing my skills... Tappitty, Tap, Tap, Tap... that is the sound of me sprinting to a touchdown.

Have they said anything about this? I know most people prefer the hold button/trigger down for sprint but to me the tapping was more realistic.

I was leading teams to victory with Tommy Maddox friend, never forget.

Ramirez

I didnt have to go through the 3 hour long wait and talk to an indian.

:lol

I remember the first time I got mine fixed, I had to ask the guy to repeat himself so many times, his english was terrible. That's why I'm reluctant to call and get my other 360 fixed for free! :lol

bdoughty

Banned
I am sure this idea will be nixed but since we can create our own teams, why not make a league based off the following leagues: USFL, CFL, XFL (for the wraslin fans)

Pretty much every region is covered and with the editing in the game you should be able to make them closely resemble their likeness.

USFL (all teams)

* Arizona Outlaws (1985; result of Arizona/Oklahoma merger)
* Arizona Wranglers (1983, 1984; Arizona and Chicago owners traded franchises)
* Baltimore Stars (1985; moved from Philadelphia)
* Birmingham Stallions (1983-1985)
* Boston Breakers (1983)
* Chicago Blitz (1983, 1984; Arizona and Chicago owners traded franchises)
* Denver Gold (1983-1985)
* Houston Gamblers (1984-1985)
* Jacksonville Bulls (1984-1985)
* Los Angeles Express (1983-1985)
* Memphis Showboats (1984-1985)
* Michigan Panthers (1983-1984)
* New Jersey Generals (1983-1985)
* New Orleans Breakers (1984; moved from Boston)
* Oakland Invaders (1983-1985; merged with Michigan for 1985 season)
* Oklahoma Outlaws (1984)
* Orlando Renegades (1985)
* Philadelphia Stars (1983-1984)
* Pittsburgh Maulers (1984)
* Portland Breakers (1985; moved from New Orleans)
* San Antonio Gunslingers (1984-1985)
* Tampa Bay Bandits (1983-1985)
* Washington Federals (1983-1984)

CFL (Just the current teams, none of the American teams that are no longer in existance)

BC Lions
Calgary Stampeders
Edmonton Eskimos
Saskatchewan Roughriders

Montreal Alouettes
Hamilton Tiger Cats
Toronto Argonauts
Winnipeg Blue Bombers

XFL

Birmingham Thunderbolts
Chicago Enforcers
Las Vegas Outlaws
Los Angeles Xtreme
Memphis Maniax
New York/New Jersey Hitmen
Orlando Rage
San Francisco Demons

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Eh if that have a picture of a "commando" type guy I might just have to recreate my high school football team :) We went to state and it was a good time.

bdoughty

Banned
vumpler said:
Eh if that have a picture of a "commando" type guy I might just have to recreate my high school football team :) We went to state and it was a good time.

I watched the state tournament three years in a row, on tv. My HS team was pretty bad and never even made the playoffs, of course if we did, it would have ended up with us having to play Odessa Permian in the first round. Not the suckfest that is Permian today mind you. My junior year (1988) was the the same year that Friday Night Lights was written about and bastardized to the point of nausea on the big screen. The TV show is not bad because it is not trying to recreate what happened in the book.

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. FMT - San Francisco
37. newsguy - miami
------

the players highlighted are league vets and/or people who we've played in other leagues with or that i know will play.

if your name isn't highlighted its because either you've never played in a league, played but dropped out, or because i dont even know for sure that you want to play! the highlighted players are at 25, but some players (bishop, matrix, rors?) i dont know if they still want to play or will have 360's based on how MS conducts its repair process.

...Man, not even on the list :/ ...despite two good PS2 league performances and a good record at actually getting my games in. Now that smarts!

Ramirez

vumpler said:

Awesome, I got to play in my state's class A tourney for baseball, those were the good days. :lol

SickBoy said:
Interested to see what, if any, Canadian cities are available... you can put me down for Calgary for the time being... but I'm sure there's some sort of city that's not taken that would be a more than suitable alternative...

I don't think it has Canadian cities. I saw Ontario but I think that is Ontario, California. Other than that I didn't see any Canadian cities. (I was looking at the videos.)

Top Bottom