• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Mrbob

Damn that sucks Matrix. :/

Out of curiosity, how serious are you guys in this thread about getting a PS3 when it hits $399.99 next year? I'm sick of seeing league vets have to drop out because of shoddy MS hardware design. It is annoying.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It might be fixed for free but this is horse shit.

I guess ill get my football games to play on my PS3 this year,no GAF leagues bites :(

AkaBalla

Big Zep said:
5521.png

:)

Anyone seen the gold, silver and bronze lists yet? .... As u can see with the screens you are allowed 2 Gold, 3 silvers and 6 bronze players on your team...

Maybe having a draft once we know the medals of players.. The only disadvantage is that when picking your players before even playing the game might not phase well with alot of people..

NBA 2k7 Andres Nocioni sucked balls but was rated a 85...... :lol

C. J. Miles rated 65, 70 mid 70 3pt shot 80% from the field.. Dam you Malley! :lol

Matrix said:
It might be fixed for free but this is horse shit.

I guess ill get my football games to play on my PS3 this year,no GAF leagues bites :(

No way. Send that 360 in and get it fixed ASAP. You want 60FPS and xbox Live that will have a much bigger online community. I'm sure there will people that will play.

Maybe you should pick up a $299 Core and ebay the dead 360 or ebay it after it is fixed?

Mrbob said:
Out of curiosity, how serious are you guys in this thread about getting a PS3 when it hits $399.99 next year? I'm sick of seeing league vets have to drop out because of shoddy MS hardware design. It is annoying.

I'd stick with the xbox 360. I'd assume they must have figured out and fixed the problem or else they wouldn't have made such generous 3 year warranty. If your xbox dies now, you'll probably get a refurbished one with the new fixed design.

The xbox has 60fps now and a much bigger online community wherein pretty much everyone has headsets. The PS3 installed base is small, it is only 30fps this year (maybe better next year, maybe not), and not everyone bothers with getting a bluetooth headset & syncing it.

I've got both an xbox 360 and a PS3 but I prefer the 360 despite is h/w faults due to its better controller, better versions of multi-platform games, and better online. My PS3 has been good for a few games (resistance, Stardust HD, Calling all cars) but it is mainly a Blu-Ray movie player.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Archie confirmed!
manning.jpg

I just went from maybe buying this when it hits $30 to first day purchase.

Mrbob

speculawyer said:
I'd stick with the xbox 360. I'd assume they must have figured out and fixed the problem or else they wouldn't have made such generous 3 year warranty. If your xbox dies now, you'll probably get a refurbished one with the new fixed design.

The xbox has 60fps now and a much bigger online community wherein pretty much everyone has headsets. The PS3 installed base is small, it is only 30fps this year (maybe better next year, maybe not), and not everyone bothers with getting a bluetooth headset & syncing it.

I've got both an xbox 360 and a PS3 but I prefer the 360 despite is h/w faults due to its better controller, better versions of multi-platform games, and better online. My PS3 has been good for a few games (resistance, Stardust HD, Calling all cars) but it is mainly a Blu-Ray movie player.

I'm just trying to get a feeler right now for next year, not this year. The 09 versions which should be 60FPS. PS3 is built like a tank, and doesn't have the same hardware failing issues that the x360 currently has. I want to make it through a league with people having their systems go out. We never had a major problem before X360, and its getting ridiculous.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You better buy a new 360, Matrix! You buy 20 ipods a year!

F that :lol I just bought a Toshiba HD player cause I knew I would never be able to use my ms hd add on cause of the systems breaking.I also just bought an iphone.

I'll stick to my warranty,im not paying for another console to break on me.

If I was Morphix I would.

Matrix said:
F that :lol I just bought a Toshiba HD player cause I knew I would never be able to use my ms hd add on cause of the systems breaking.

Return that Toshiba HD-DVD player now and get a replacement 360 instead. HD-DVD is dead.

The one good thing that the PS3 will accomplish for Sony is victory in the HD format war.
It is a disaster as a videogame machine.

Matrix

I believe Ive been taken care of with my 360, B-Rad Lascelle has helped me out.

I cant imagine they will send me another broken one.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
All-unintentional comedy team:

Bubby Brister--WTF? I'm guessing he'll be a bronze level "legend."
Ickey Woods--Will he do the shuffle? Surely he will, what's the use of paying for his likeness without it.
O.J.
The Boz
Al del Greco
Leon Lett

Why no Mark Chmura? They put OJ in there, and all Chmura did was get in a hot tub with some high school chicks.

Hunter D

Guileless said:
Archie confirmed!
manning.jpg

I just went from maybe buying this when it hits $30 to first day purchase.
I hope they put in crying for Archie. They say he did alot of it playing behind a shitty line.

This is off topic somewhat but how the hell is Ray Guy not in the Hall of Fame.

First ever pure punter picked in the first round of the draft, they named the best collegiate punter award after him and hes a member of the 75th anniversary all-NFL team.

bdoughty

Banned
sooperkool said:
This is off topic somewhat but how the hell is Ray Guy not in the Hall of Fame.

First ever pure punter picked in the first round of the draft, they named the best collegiate punter award after him and hes a member of the 75th anniversary all-NFL team.

Great punter and deserves in.

mother**** 2k, can we get some more details so i can get our league organized? freaking A-holes, all i want is 2 things!

1. tell me the max players in an online league
2. give me a listed of all the gold, silver, bronze players separated by level

is that so hard?

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
mother**** 2k, can we get some more details so i can get our league organized? freaking A-holes, all i want is 2 things!

1. tell me the max players in an online league
2. give me a listed of all the gold, silver, bronze players separated by level

is that so hard?

Well I might have a little trouble giving you a listed. But how about a list? ;)

I found #2 partially answered on the TXB forums

Sponsored by the JUICE:

Innocent until proven that all of California is nuts and set him free.

1183682491.jpg

------------------------------ TXB posted by bigjoesomething -------------------

There are about 10 players that are in tiers that may change. Those players are not changing to GOLD, they will change to either SILVER or GOLD. Also I couldn't get all the player attributes so I didn't add them next to each player.

QB

Gold

Dan Marino
Joe Montana
John Elway
Johnny Unitas
Otto Graham
Roger Staubach
Sammy Baugh
Steve Young
Troy Aikman
Warren Moon

Silver

Archie Manning
Bart Starr
Joe Theisman
Ken Stabler
Len Dawson
Randall Cunningham

Bronze

Andre Ware
Bernie Kozar
Bill Wade
Bobby Herbert
Bubby Bristar
Dave Krieg
Greg Landry
Jeff Hostetler
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Hart
Jim Zorn
John Brodie
Ken O’Brien
Lynn D|ckey
Mark Rypien
Neil O’Donnell
Steve Bartkowski
Steve Grogan
Tommy Kramer

HB

Gold

Barry Sanders
Earl Campbell
Emmitt Smith
Gale Sayers
Leroy Kelly
Marcus Allen
OJ Simpson
Paul Hornung
Thurman Thomas
Walter Payton

Silver

Abner Haynes
Billy Sims
Charley Trippi
Chris Warren
Chuck Foreman
Chuck Muncie
Curt Warner
Hugh McElhenny
Matt Snell
Ottis Anderson
Ricky Watters
Roger Craig
Tony Canadeo

Bronze

Barry Foster
Christian Okoye
Dalton Hilliard
Dave Meggett
Eric Bieniemy
Floyd Little
Freeman McNeil
Greg Bell
Mike Rozier
Natrone Means
Reggie Cobb
Ronnie Bull
Tony Nathan

FB

Gold

Joe Perry

Silver

Daryl Johnston
Ickey Woods

Bronze

Merril Hodge
Tom Rathman

WR

Gold

Fred Biletnikoff
James Lofton
Jerry Rice
Raymond Berry

Silver

Andre Reed
Bobby Mitchell
Charley Taylor
Dante Lavelli
Don Maynard
Drew Pearson
Gary Clark
Henry Ellard
Heman Moore
Irving Fryar
John Jefferson
Lenny Moore
Pete Piphos
Wesley Walker

Bronze

Alvin Harper
Anthony Carter
Cliff Branch
Dwight Clark
Eric Martin
Ernest Givins
John Taylor
Mark Carrier
Rick Upchurch
Ricky Sanders
Rob Moore
Rocket Ismail
Steve Tasker
Tony Martin
Willie Gault
Yancey Thigpen

TE

Gold

Dave Casper
Jackie Smith
John Mackey
Mike Ditka
Shannon Sharpe

Silver

Ben Coates
Billy Joe Dupree
Brent James
Jay Novacek
Keith Jackson
Todd Christensen

Bronze ||

Eric Green
Pete Metzelaars
Troy Drayton

C

Gold

Dwight Stephenson
Jim Otto

Silver

Dermontti Dawson
Jim Langer

Bronze

Bill Curry
Jesse Sapolu
Mick Tingelhoff

G

Gold

Larry Little
Russ Grimm
Stan Jones

Silver

Jeff DeLamielleur
Randall McDaniel
Tom Mack

Bronze

Bill Fralic
Guy Mcintyre
Randy Cross
Steve Wisniewski

T

Gold

Anthony Munoz
Bob Brown
Jim Parker
Ron Mix
Roosevelt Brown

Silver

Bob St. Clair
Jim Lachey
Lou Creekmur
Mike Munchak
Rayfield Wright
Richmond Webb
Ron Yary

Bronze

Bubba Paris
Joe Jacoby
Korey Stringer
Tony Boselli

K

Silver

Jan Stenarud

Bronze

Al Del Greco
Eddie Murray
Garo Yepremian
Jeff Jaeger
Jim Bakken
Lou Groza

P

Bronze

Ray Guy

DT

Gold

Art Donovan
Bob Lilly
Randy White

Silver

Dan Hampton
Jerome Brown
Keith Millard

Bronze

Dan Saleaumua
Dave Butz
Greg Kragen
Leon Lett
Marty Lyons
Mike Golic
William Perry

DE

Gold

Deacon Jones
Gino Marchetti
Lee Roy Selmon
Reggie White

Silver

Chris Doleman
Elvin Bethea
Jack Youngblood
LC Greenwood
Leslie O’Neil
Too Tall Jones

Bronze

Clyde Simmons
Dexter Manley
Harvey Martin
Jim Marshall
Leonard Marshall
Rulon Jones
Tony Tolbert

OLB

Gold

Dave Wilcox
Derrick Thomas
Ken Norton Jr

Silver

Chuck Bednarik
Greg Lloyd

Bronze

Brad Van Pelt
Bryce Paup
Carl Banks
John Anderson
Lamar Lathon
Otis Wilson
Robert Brazile

ILB

Gold

D|ck Butkus
Jack Lambert
Joe Schmidt
Mike Singletary

Silver

Harry Carson
Jessie Tuggle
Karl Mecklenburg
Nick Buoniconti

Bronze

Brian Bosworth
Brian Jones
Chris Spielman
Chuck Noll
Gary Plummer
John Offerdah
Pepper Johnson
Scott Studwell

CB

Gold

Rod Woodsen
Mike Haynes
Night Train Lane
Willie Brown

Silver

Lem Barney
Lester Hayes
Mel Renfro
Roger Wehrli

Bronze

Albert Lewis
Terry McDaniel
Tom Brookshier

SS

Gold

Ronnie Lott

Silver

D|ck Anderson
George McAfee
Jerry Browne
Leroy Butler

Bronze

Charlie Waters

FS

Gold

Cliff Harris
Willie Wood

Silver

Deron Cherry
Eric Turner
Jack Tatum

Bronze

Eugene Robinson
Fred Marion
Nolan Cromwell
Solomon Wilcots

LiveWire

I call dibs on Joe Jacoby and Russ Grimm. :D

Edit: and here's my lineup! :lol

Gold
Marcus Allen
Russ Grimm

Silver
Joe Theismann
Gary Clark
Lester Hayes

Bronze
Rocket Ismail
Joe Jacoby
William Perry
Dexter Manley
Mark Rypien
Ricky Sanders

Clark TE Jacoby Grimm C G T Ismail Sanders

Theismann/Rypien

Allen

:D :lol

Although overall the feature may in fact strengthen the gameplay, a few of the weapons such as “Smart QB” seem contrary to the ideals of a true simulation.

The list of All-Pro’s abilities isn’t just long, the abilities seem diverse and well thought out. While some abilities such as “Signal Stealer” (Press X with our QB or defender to try to steal your opponent's plays)

:lol

it's a good article from an information perspective, but it sounds like they're a bit biased. maybe it's just the way i'm reading it though.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's a good article from an information perspective, but it sounds like they're a bit biased. maybe it's just the way i'm reading it though.

That's what I thought too . . . but it is the only article on All Pro on the site and their pro football section is titled 'Madden' . . . and it is all Madden.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
BD who is that guy who answered? and "Hum, 24..." sounds like he is guessing based off of the single season mode details.

Beats me but it could very well be a guess. I would think with 24 teams in the game there would be 24 spots.

maybe the guy is a big Jack Bauer fan?

haha how many vets have had to drop out of any leagues this season? infact, call me crazy but has any 08 football league even started? dont get your sony dildo out just yet buddy boy!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
haha how many vets have had to drop out of any leagues this season? infact, call me crazy but has any 08 football league even started? dont get your sony dildo out just yet buddy boy!
Last season it was a lot if you combine football, basketball, baseball and hockey. This season, it's 2 and the league hasn't even started yet.

...not that 30fps ps3 version is a solution. :\

Xbox1 or ps2 version ftw! Let's do it! ;b

TheDuce22

Banned
Well I got my team! :)

Gold
Ronnie Lott
Reggie White

Silver
Chuck Bednarik
Lester Hayes
Jerome Brown

Bronze
Jeff Hostetler
Christian Okoye
Rocket Ismail
Clyde Simmons
Jesse Sapolu
Tony Boselli

Matrix

FMT your 360 is broken,it's time you got a Sony dildo!

So that actually makes 3 of us Rors,except Fmt is going to go out and buy himself a new system.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Have fun spending 700 dollars on X360 hardware, friend!

Shall I get the MS dildo out for you? :)

Rorschach

Matrix said:
FMT your 360 is broken,it's time you got a Sony dildo!

So that actually makes 3 of us Rors,except Fmt is going to go out and buy himself a new system.
:lol I forgot FMT is getting a brand new xbox...that's hardcore. Ok FOUR so far (forgot Malley :() and the season hasn't started yet.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
:lol I forgot FMT is getting a brand new xbox...that's hardcore. Ok FOUR so far (forgot Malley :() and the season hasn't started yet.

doh forgot about Malley :lol Looking at who plays the 360 the most out of the old vets,im thinking Dm's is next to go,it has to implode one day.

I think its a launch unit too.

DMczaf

My 360 has the heart of a champion. He's Rudy, JGar, and Denzel Washington from Remember the Titans all wrapped in one.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
doh forgot about Malley :lol Looking at who plays the 360 the most out of the old vets,im thinking Dm's is next to go,it has to implode one day.
It'll blow up with Eragon 2 in it right before he gets the last achievement!

I should ask MiG to let me borrow his never used 360. I bet he still has all the stickers on the controller.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
My 360 has the heart of a champion. He's Rudy, JGar, and Denzel Washington from Remember the Titans all wrapped in one.

It's coming for you,death is at your door,you cannot escape death...

finaldestination03.jpg

"I'll be seeing you....real soon"

"It'll blow up with Eragon 2 in it right before he gets the last achievement!"

:lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Here's what I came up with:

Gold
Dick Butkus (OLB)
Mike Haynes (CB)

Silver
Joe Theisman (QB)
Roger Craig (HB)
Irving Fryar (WR)

Bronze:
Al Del Greco (K)
Mike Golic (DT)
Jesse Sapolu (C)
Dexter Manley (DE)
Charlie Waters (SS)
Troy Drayton (TE)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheDuce22 said:
Well I got my team! :)

Gold
Ronnie Lott
Reggie White

Silver
Chuck Bednarik
Lester Hayes
Jerome Brown

Bronze
Jeff Hostetler
Christian Okoye
Rocket Ismail
Clyde Simmons
Jesse Sapolu
Tony Boselli

You stay away from Randall and we'll be fine

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My launch system is still living. I'm pretty surprised too :lol. I've got the thing on constantly too. It's my primary dvd player, I watch vids and listen to music from my computer and play games obviously.

When is this game supposed to be out? I can't find a solid date.

Matrix

Truelize said:
My launch system is still living. I'm pretty surprised too :lol. I've got the thing on constantly too. It's my primary dvd player, I watch vids and listen to music from my computer and play games obviously.

Damn True,you went and jinxed yourself now.

And I forgot you play the 360 more than any other vet :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:

When is this game supposed to be out? I can't find a solid date.

I posted something like that 2 weeks before my 360 died. You just cursed yourself. Its all over

bdoughty

Banned
Add me to the list since I just purchased an Elite just to play in this game/league and NCAA 08 when they come out. I guess when my warrantied 360 comes back I will just sell it now that we have the 3 year warranty.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, you can take all of your Created players on your team online right? That could be interesting...

Top Bottom