• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ramirez said:
Awesome, I got to play in my state's class A tourney for baseball, those were the good days. :lol
Ok I can't exactly take credit and act like I played... I came in with 48 seconds to go in the 4th lol. We got raped.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
SickBoy said:
No, it's a conspiracy, I tells ya!

*dons tin-foil hat*

Haha i just remembered when i beat you that one game when one of your CB's pass interfered on the last play of the game and set me up in field goal range. that was awesome :lol :lol :lol

Ramirez

vumpler said:
Ok I can't exactly take credit and act like I played... I came in with 48 seconds to go in the 4th lol. We got raped.

Haha, well I was the starting pitcher, took out in the 4th, it was 3-3, ended up losin' 5-3 I believe. Never really figured out why I got took out, other than maybe allowing our other senior pitcher the chance to throw in a setting like that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Holy Shit Santa Clarita. We are not even that big. I could really make a hometown team. :lol

SickBoy

ColdBlooded33 said:
Haha i just remembered when i beat you that one game when one of your CB's pass interfered on the last play of the game and set me up in field goal range. that was awesome :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, brutal game... worst part was that if he didn't interfere, we would've won, but what can ya do?

I hope the leagues have been of similar quality since, but one of the redeeming factors in games like that is that with very few exceptions, the competition in the leagues I've taken part in has been very sportsmanlike...

...hopefully the leagues since have managed to continue that trend.

vumpler

I didn't expect them to have Carolina and Charlotte both in there. :lol

I'll keep Carolina then :)

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
I didn't expect them to have Carolina and Charlotte both in there. :lol

I'll keep Carolina then :)

I just picked that as a placeholder for now. If Raleigh's there, I'll probably go with that.

GCQuinton said:
I just picked that as a placeholder for now. If Raleigh's there, I'll probably go with that.
2K8_Cities_7.JPG

sickboy i didn't see you post your interest! my bad!

i'll never forget out championship game... 4th and inches knockdown, never forget... to this date probably the best and most intense league game ive ever played

Mark me down for East Lansing...

The first time I was looking at the cities I saw they had Flint and not Lansing and I about flipped out... but the inclusion of EL instead of Lansing is understandable I suppose.

RBH

bishoptl said:
Where's the last page of names? Vancouver better be on there, goddammit.

Actually, I remember reading in one of the developer Q & A's that they'll be two Canadian cities/regions to choose from (Ontario and Vancouver).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
All other Canadian cities pale in comparison!

Vancouver or there will be hell to pay!

edit: Ontario ain't a city :p

bluemax

Banned
That list of cities still pales to Front Page Sports Baseball Pro 94.

You could make a 48 team league and there were hundreds of cities with accurate weather models to choose from.

13 years later and nothing touches that game for league customization.

bdoughty

Banned
I will step back to let Sick Boy in the league, since I am the rookie and all. Just consider me if you have someone bail on the league, or their 360 bails.

guys chill out i said! that is not a final list! i dont even know if those people in bold are still interested or want to play!

for instance, i talked to CK (wellington) tonight and he's not going to play. there is one down. bdoughty i would be disappointed if you weren't in the league old buddy

bdoughty

Banned
Oh I am in, no doubt. Just trying to do the honorable thing since this would be my first GAF league. Sad to hear Wellington is not in the league, I was looking forward to playing him and avenging his banishment of me from GAF many moons ago. Would it help if I said a few bad things about Madden? Get him all riled up. :lol

Hunter D

RBH said:
Actually, I remember reading in one of the developer Q & A's that they'll be two Canadian cities/regions to choose from (Ontario and Vancouver).
WTF!?! Are they trying to tarnish the game. Will the Canadians have hockey sticks?

vumpler

Guys I can't stress this enough. IF the game doesn't look like a buy to you is it worth $9.25 cents? That's what it costs to rent it for 37 days from blockbuster. So just be there Tuesday morning as they open and the copy is yours. Then If you really like it and the season goes 2 months then on the 36th day return it and recheck it out.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Is that Golic guy the one that was on Saved by the Bell: The College Years? If so he obviously goes on the unintentional comedy all-stars team I will create.

vumpler

Guileless said:
Is that Golic guy the one that was on Saved by the Bell: The College Years? If so he obviously goes on the unintentional comedy all-stars team I will create.
bowrofl.gif
no that was bob golic on saved by the bell. Mike Golic is from Mike and Mike in the Morning which btw is an amazing radio show. Damn you St. Louis for not having an FM ESPN or FSN radio station!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
which brings me to my next post! if you are still interested, please post that you are interested! we'll have an updated list in no time!

I'll be in for sure. Not sure if I am buying it or renting it, but i'll definitely be playing.

BirdBomb

Banned
no, blockbuster doesnt charge late fees anymore unless you keep the game for a month after its due, at which time they will charge your bank/credit card the entire amount for the game. however, if you return it any time within about 35-37 days, they only charge you a "restocking fee" of $1.25.

however, this is hit and miss and you should definitely check with your local store to make sure before you keep the game and suddenly have $60+ missing from your bank account. corporate stores follow this policy completely, franchise stores usually dont. i know my local stores will go ahead and charge your card only a week after the game is overdue and then you have like 3 weeks to return the game for a refund, minus the $1.25 restocking fee.

vumpler

Well there are 7 block busters within 5 miles of my house and they all follow the blockbuster "no late fees." So just call and say "how many days is it before I can't bring a game back?" If they say 37 then it works like every blockbuster I've ever seen. I tried finding one of these that didn't support it and I've yet to find one personally. All of the ones in Nashville TN and within 50 miles of there do and all the ones 30 miles around St. Louis do.

SickBoy

Yeah, I'm still interested... as noted earlier in the thread, rental at Blockbuster is a great option if you're skeptical (it's my plan and if I like it enough I'll buy)

vumpler

SickBoy said:
Yeah, I'm still interested... as noted earlier in the thread, rental at Blockbuster is a great option if you're skeptical (it's my plan and if I like it enough I'll buy)

The only way I would buy another football game other than Madden is if Madden just turned out not playable online.. Otherwise blockbuster remains my savior.

vumpler said:
The only way I would buy another football game other than Madden is if Madden just turned out not playable online.. Otherwise blockbuster remains my savior.

The only problem I have with the blockbuster idea is it seems to either get the games late or the new ones are all gone immediately.

vumpler

sableholic said:
The only problem I have with the blockbuster idea is it seems to either get the games late or the new ones are all gone immediately.
Like I said a few posts ago thats why you gotta be there about 10 mins before they open. They will have it tuesday. They had ncaa day of last year and every game i've wanted day of release this year. This shouldn't be any different :) Just might have to find the main BB in your area and take off work that morning or something. Saves 40 bucks over 1 hour of true work lol.

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
which brings me to my next post! if you are still interested, please post that you are interested! we'll have an updated list in no time!

Im there.... Change my team to Providence instead of New England... Since i am a Rhode Islander i'll rep my capital.......

As for a logo i'll have to scroll through the lists of team logos before i choose one.....

Oh and BTW i'm drafting Joe Montana.. j/k :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll be moving to another city in a few days, and if I can find something similar to the BB thing, I'll be in. If not, then with the amount of $$$ I seemingly am blowing, I doubt I'll be in on this.

SickBoy

Haven't watched them yet, but new marketing for 2K8.

http://www.2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

I'm really setting myself up to hate this game... I started out very indifferent to it and I've somehow really hyped myself up.... god I hope it delivers...

EDIT: Wow, that first vid is cheesy, but I do like seeing more vid from the game.

EDIT2: Wow, that second vid is cheesy, but I do like seeing more video from the game... and the brief Barry clip.. oh yeah...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm still in. Was planning on renting it from Blockbuster as well.

Sickboy: Calgary stores get their games Wednesday afternoons. Game is a one week rental for $9.99. You get an extra week to bring it back (so that's two weeks) and then you get another 30 days to return the game for a restocking fee of $1.75. So really you get 44 days.

If you let me know what area of the city you are in I might even be able to tell you what store would be your best choice.

Thanks for the heads up BirdBomb and Vumpler!!

Unless the game is just godly, I imagine it permanently riding the pine after Madden hits so I think I'm going to Blockbuster APF2K8!

SickBoy

Truelize said:
I'm still in. Was planning on renting it from Blockbuster as well.

Sickboy: Calgary stores get their games Wednesday afternoons. Game is a one week rental for $9.99. You get an extra week to bring it back (so that's two weeks) and then you get another 30 days to return the game for a restocking fee of $1.75. So really you get 44 days.

If you let me know what area of the city you are in I might even be able to tell you what store would be your best choice.

I've got a Blockbuster five minutes from my place and about 10 from my work, so I'll try both of those...

Top Bottom