• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

LiveWire

I'm still in. Sable, how do you wanna handle dibs on Washington? Since we haven't seen pages 1 and 8, I don't know if there's any other Northern Virginia cities on the list. If there were, I'd be willing to take one...

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why do people keep assuming i want montana over young? :lol

Because we know you wouldn't draft a BUCCANEER...or would you? Admit it! You are a closet Bucs fan!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why do people keep assuming i want montana over young? :lol

I assumed you wanted young (said as much a couple pages back), but i'm not really sure if your bluffing so you can get montana.

LiveWire said:
I'm still in. Sable, how do you wanna handle dibs on Washington? Since we haven't seen pages 1 and 8, I don't know if there's any other Northern Virginia cities on the list. If there were, I'd be willing to take one...

LiveWire you can take Washington, I'm ok with that. I'll go with Buffalo (since I live up around there now) I guess if that hasn't been taken if there is no other NOVA cities on the list.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
how could you want Steve Young over Cool Joe FMT? You must not be a true 9er fan. Joe made the 49ers

PS i shouldnt even have to tell you but im still interested.

i grew up watching steve young. i love joe montana too, but i think i saw just about every single niners game from 1992 on. steve is #1 in my mind... and my heart!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i grew up watching steve young. i love joe montana too, but i think i saw just about every single niners game from 1992 on. steve is #1 in my mind... and my heart!

Alex Smith is #1....in your pants!

157fs537692.jpg

"Grrrrr"

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Alex Smith is crying on the inside somewhere...

RBH

I've seen a APF 2K8 ad about 3 different times today on TV. It was a new ad with Rakim (not the "Rice Returns" video) that showed a bit of new footage and focused on the game in general. It was nice to see.

Oddly enough, the ad was shown on ESPN and ESPN2.

Zep

Banned
how bout they try harder to get a demo out? Figuring THE BIGS doesnt have a demo yet, this game is a longshot.

Big Zep said:
how bout they try harder to get a demo out? Figuring THE BIGS doesnt have a demo yet, this game is a longshot.

Hopefully they'll have one out in a week or so. The interview on gamespot made it sound like the demo would be out around the same time as a the game.

Good point about The Bigs . . . where is the demo for that?

Zep

Banned
Ok...

2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., announced today that All-Pro Football 2K8 has officially gone gold for both Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

Featuring over 240 well-known football legends including Jerry Rice, John Elway and Barry Sanders, All-Pro Football 2K8 delivers a realistic football experience. Each player features the special abilities and unique characteristic traits that made each of them gridiron legends. Whether it’s the scissor kick hesitation moves of Walter Payton, the quick release of Dan Marino, or ferocious hits of Jack Tatum, gamers will feel an instant attachment to their favorite football players in All-Pro Football 2K8.

All-Pro Football 2K8 also features incredibly robust customization features that allow players to tailor visual aspects for each football team. Whether it’s changing team names, uniform number style, facemask appearance, the colors of the logo, or home stadium location, there are thousands of different team combinations that will give each user their own unique identity.

Online play and customizations are also key innovative features for All-Pro Football 2K8. Team and player customizations made offline can be taken online where gamers will see thousands of unique teams in both visual style and player selections. Players can take their created players online, a first in a 2K Sports football title, for online play and to participate in an online tournament or online leagues that support up to 32 players, to make All-Pro Football 2K8 one of the most unique online sports experiences.

All-Pro Football 2K8 will be available July 17, 2007 for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. All-Pro Football 2K8 is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older.

So stop crying babies!***

fmt

don't bust a nut yet ladies.

there are not enough legends in the game to have everyone with a unique team. and if the game MAKES you pick legends from the get-go there will be no other way to run the league than to have a limited # of teams (unless we want duplicate players... which i dont)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there are not enough legends in the game to have everyone with a unique team. and if the game MAKES you pick legends from the get-go there will be no other way to run the league than to have a limited # of teams (unless we want duplicate players... which i dont)

Well, I wouldn't care if there are duplicate players . . . let everyone pick their own dream team (subject to the game limitations).

But to solve your problem with unique players, there is still the create-a-player option. You could create your own legend players that are not in the game by making your own determination as to their special attributes.

I wonder how the 'create-a-player' option works . . . maybe it is something like gold players get 5 special attributes, silver 3, and bronze 2?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok I may have miscounted but I counted 61 gold players... So that alone limits us to 30 players....

Zep

Banned
I'm hoping theres an option to have a team full of Generic players...That alone means we dont need to have 11 legends each.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't bust a nut yet ladies.

Why do you really care if you have duplicate players? You work with what you have right? If they had put 400 legends in the game then we wouldn't have to worry. But wouldn't each team have a unique roster? It's unlikely that teams will not pick the same players.

vumpler

Ok fixed its 59 gold players!

edit1: There are 79 silver players!

edit2: There are 109 bronze players!

247 players o_O?

That's only 18 teams without duplicates due to the shortage of bronze players.

If we allowed duplicates on bronze players ONLY after every bronze players was picked we would then be limited by Gold players to 29 teams.

vumpler said:
Ok fixed its 59 gold players!

edit1: There are 79 silver players!

edit2: There are 109 bronze players!

247 players o_O?

That's only 18 teams without duplicates due to the shortage of bronze players.

If we allowed duplicates on bronze players ONLY after every bronze players was picked we would then be limited by Gold players to 29 teams.

Who would be the poor one left out gold player

19 teams

3 gold each
4 silver each
5 bronze each

The rest can be generic players?

SickBoy said:
29x2=58...

(But the other issue is that 29 teams isn't really an appropriate size for a league).

Right so one gold player would go unselected. I was just joking saying who would be the unlucky gold player.

vumpler

sableholic said:
19 teams

3 gold each
4 silver each
5 bronze each

The rest can be generic players?
No the game is already set on what you pick.

Its 2 gold
3 silver
6 bronze

SickBoy

Ahh, durr. I thought you meant which team would have to go with just one.

Of course, the left over gold player would be Emmitt Smith :)

*hides*

Big Zep said:
dont play dumb! that play aint in 2k8, I will stop your running game!

OH YES!

I think I'm better at running in NFL 2k5 to be honest...
You can't stop whoever I pick to be like Portis

By the way the running backs who are going to be in this game are pretty sick

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You guys would always create custom Gold/Silver/Bronze players as needed. I know that takes away some of the fun, but it's something (something I would like personally, but I'm not in this thing)

Kintaro said:
You guys would always create custom Gold/Silver/Bronze players as needed. I know that takes away some of the fun, but it's something (something I would like personally, but I'm not in this thing)

1 gold Bo Jackson coming right up.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
balls wrong thread. these forums are running too slow!
Saw it live. :lol

Reggie called his own number twice tsk tsk.

btw- remember the last guy to appear representing EA in an MS conference? Robert Gallery. Bush is doomed. DOOOOOMED!

[edit] damn your stealth edit and these slow forums

Top Bottom