• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Rorschach

Alright fellas, looks like I'm pretty much out of the league. :( Finally got through to MS and they say my estimated time to get it back is the 23rd. This blows. That's a month and 18 days turnaround time. \o/-[hooray]-\o/

Have fun, gentlemen. And whoever gets Marcus Allen, give 'em hell!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Alright fellas, looks like I'm pretty much out of the league. :( Finally got through to MS and they say my estimated time to get it back is the 23rd. This blows. That's a month and 18 days turnaround time. \o/-[hooray]-\o/

Yea Im 100% out too,damn it all to hell.I just got the 2nd coffin today to ship it back.

Zep

Banned
Guess I'm out now...was playing VT3 and got the checkered screen. Put in MLB2k7, same thing. ****in MS...piece of shit hardware

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn Sorry Zep :( Welcome to the no football playing club.

Matrix

I have no problem with Francis coming back :eek:

I'm shipping off my coffin today :(

DMczaf

Matrix said:
I have no problem with Francis coming back :eek:

francis030221-1.jpg

Matrix

Zep

Banned
All might not be lost...Isnt it possible for my to use my 360 account on another system? I'll just use my roommates 360 until mine gets back.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
All might not be lost...Isnt it possible for my to use my 360 account on another system? I'll just use my roommates 360 until mine gets back.

You could just use your own hdd on his system,which has your gamertag on it and all your saved stuff.

Tell your roomate to send me it,you dont really need it Zep!

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
You could just use your own hdd on his system,which has your gamertag on it and all your saved stuff.

Tell your roomate to send me it,you dont really need it Zep!

hey! dont take my ideas...

But seriously, theres no way for you to do the same? Borrow one :)

Big Zep said:

Get one of the over-priced memory cards and move your gamer profile onto the memory card. When you do that, you can bring your gamertag profile where ever you go. You could can download & play XBLA games you bought on any 360. (And you can play XBLA games that have been bought on that 360.)

Big Zep said:
Guess I'm out now...was playing VT3 and got the checkered screen. Put in MLB2k7, same thing. ****in MS...piece of shit hardware

Un****ingbelieveable! Did three league members just have their 360s die? :lol

(BTW, I've had 2 360s die on me. The most recent one will probably last a lot longer since I don't use it as much . . . I now use the PS3 to play DVDs since it provides better upscaling.)

Matrix

Big Zep said:
hey! dont take my ideas...

But seriously, theres no way for you to do the same? Borrow one :)

Most of my friends dont care for gaming *shock and awe* Most still have last gen shit.

Zep

Banned
Then-Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann declined -- no joke -- on the recommendation of his political advisors.

:lol what a douche...and he still lost.

By contrast, Chuck Bednarik said yes. But only after the game maker cleared a few things up for the man who nearly ended Frank Gifford's career."We were on the phone, and I actually had to explain that he would not physically be in the television set," recalls Sandra Tabata, who works at IMG World, the agency 2K Sports used to locate former players. "The younger guys are familiar with it, but some of the older guys, they didn't even know what video game technology was."

When Tabata called Larry Csonka's agent, she was informed that the former Miami Dolphins running back was busy fly-fishing in a remote corner of Alaska and couldn't be reached.

"Or take Thurman Thomas," Tabata says. "You'd think he'd be easy to find. But you know how we tracked him down? Through the NFL mothers association! A friend of mine is friends with his mom."

Matrix

Rorschach said:
We're should start a support group before the ill fated Madden league. :lol

:lol :(

I swear to god Im going to file a BBB complaint if I have to wait 4-6 weeks for them to ship me a working console after their first **** up.

No man should be denied his right to play 60 FPS FOOTBALL games!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Yes you can log on any 360 and transfer your live account over. The problem is when you do that it dumps his. So in that regard its a bummer. Also FMT! Aim me or PM me asap!

Maverick

That Page 2 article really hyped me for the game for some reason. I may pick this up after all. I'm a bit scared off by the lack of hands-on and reviews, however.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
coffin.jpg

arrived and was shipped out today, I dont know when that bad boy is coming back... but I will be watching from the sideline...

sucks... No nigerian nightmare goodness.

Matrix

Rors,Zep,Malley,and I.

Could a Madden league actually survive and work without us 4 vets,it would suck ass for sure :p

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Seriously... and if FMT wasnt made of Straight Cash Money Homie, he would have been out too....

Whoever wins the first league will get a *

Maverick said:
That Page 2 article really hyped me for the game for some reason. I may pick this up after all. I'm a bit scared off by the lack of hands-on and reviews, however.

There has been hands-on previews. And I'm sure the full reviews are embargoed until launch day, so you'll probably get plenty of reviews on the launch day.

Matrix

Malleymal said:
Seriously... and if FMT wasnt made of Straight Cash Money Homie, he would have been out too....

Didnt help that he tried to fix his broken one *failed* and like 2 days later MS extends the warranty 3 years.He really has no choice now but to buy a new one.

Sadly his new one will break one day too,cause I dont believe any 360 on the store shelves right now are fixed.

Maverick

I'm just really interested to see if any of the 2K jockeys can actually play ball. I was pretty sick at 2K back in the day, but I couldn't stand the game's flaws.

When I'd complain, the 2K crowd would say that "I didn't know how to play REAL football."

lol i didn't tell you guys (i told DM on aim as i did it) but when i plugged my new 360 in i got the red lights error. i almost blew my damn top but then i realized it was because i didn't plug the cord in all the way :lol

worst part is that i was talking with the dude at toys r us about it, so if it WAS broken that same day and i bring one back saying "uh... red lights..." he wouldn't said BS DUDE YOU LIAR! YOURE TRYING TO SWAP!

Matrix

Maverick said:
I'm just really interested to see if any of the 2K jockeys can actually play ball. I was pretty sick at 2K back in the day, but I couldn't stand the game's flaws.

When I'd complain, the 2K crowd would say that "I didn't know how to play REAL football."

Konex?

:lol @ Fmt,I did that once with my first working 360,scared the shit out of myself...****er died anyway half a year later.

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
Paper champ league! :p

LA Raiders would have owned this league!

Matrix said:
Didnt help that he tried to fix his broken one *failed* and like 2 days later MS extends the warranty 3 years.He really has no choice now but to buy a new one.
:lol Ouch!

:lol

*continues his Madden 07 season on PS2* :(

AkaBalla

So what abilitie's will we allow Bo Jackson to have?

A plastic hip? to deflect would be tacklers due to it shattering and stabbing tacklers in the eye?

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

Marcus Allen is a fellow Trojan and I welcome him with open arms.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i didn't tell you guys (i told DM on aim as i did it) but when i plugged my new 360 in i got the red lights error. i almost blew my damn top but then i realized it was because i didn't plug the cord in all the way :lol

worst part is that i was talking with the dude at toys r us about it, so if it WAS broken that same day and i bring one back saying "uh... red lights..." he wouldn't said BS DUDE YOU LIAR! YOURE TRYING TO SWAP!

I've had that happen twice, where I thought it was dead but I just didn't plug it in all the way. Freaked me out both times.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Rors,Zep,Malley,and I.

Could a Madden league actually survive and work without us 4 vets,it would suck ass for sure :p
I'm working my way up the ladder son...i'm just a step below you guys...

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

Sadly his new one will break one day too,cause I dont believe any 360 on the store shelves right now are fixed.

I would that what you get back will last a long time though. I read they are putting more heatsinks and replacing some parts. That's why they jumped on the extended warranty thing. They finally figured out how to fix the issues. So once every single console that has been purchases at retail takes a coffin trip to MS they will all have the new improved guts in them.

Matrix

Well the refurb console I got back last week that had a f-ed up disc drive tray didnt have a new heatsink in it,so Im not counting on getting my next one back with one.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Well the refurb console I got back last week that had a f-ed up disc drive tray didnt have a new heatsink in it,so Im not counting on getting my next one back with one.

Peter Moore said customer relation repairs have improved. Don't you believe him? ;)

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Peter Moore said customer relation repairs have improved. Don't you believe him? ;)

grrrrr if I had a choice between a working 360 or bashing him over the head with one,I think....

things should break on his head.

Matrix

Honestly this whole experience of dealing with repairs and shit has made me look differently at the 360.

Once you deal with the Red Rings of Death,Coffins,Max,Indians,UPS,Days without playing etc etc you sorta look at the system with disgust.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Matrix said:
Honestly this whole experience of dealing with repairs and shit has made me look differently at the 360.

Once you deal with the Red Rings of Death,Coffins,Max,Indians,UPS,Days without playing etc etc you sorta look at the system with disgust.
Yup thats why I bought mine at best buy :) Bestbuy FTMFW!

Sold. That Thomas run was sick. I also like how the camera cut to the crowd after the home team scored, and how it cut to the safety on the sidelines that made the pick and ran it back after the PAT was complete, nice touch

maynerd

Banned
After watching more of the game and thinking about it I'm really sold on the concept. I'm getting this game day 1.

I'd like to play in the league but I don't know if I can commit to playing 3 games a week.

Top Bottom