• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Lion Heart said:
Edit: wow the graphics seem bad. I was avoiding any spoilers of this game but i caved...well it looks worse than 2k5....
http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/21515/2003898747683665924_rs.jpg
http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/22344/2003885626900995664_rs.jpg
That's not a fair comparison since one is up close and the other is far away. That was also a compressed version of the screen shot, here is the full version:
938065_20070628_screen016.jpg

BTW, it is nice to be able to see all 22 players on the screen at once with HDTV.

I dropped by a couple stores on the way home in hopes of finding someone who had the game . . . no luck.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
speculawyer said:
That's not a fair comparison since one is up close and the other is far away. That was also a compressed version of the screen shot, here is the full version:
938065_20070628_screen016.jpg

BTW, it is nice to be able to see all 22 players on the screen at once with HDTV.

Does the game make tha buzz sound like the old, old electric football games? Because when I look at this screenshot, it makes me think of those old electric, buzzing football games.

Mrbob

Holy hell, that looks horrible.

Plus Barry Sanders does the dirty bird in this game. I dunno I'm getting some bad vibes now.

DenogginizerOS said:
Does the game make tha buzz sound like the old, old electric football games? Because when I look at this screenshot, it makes me think of those old electric, buzzing football games.
:lol
I used to play one of those with my brother.

It isn't that bad.

938065_20070628_screen019.jpg

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Sweet I finally get to buy another 2k game(even a very very jagged one) tommorow. Can't wait!

TheDuce22

Banned
I dont mind the graphics or missing features because im assuming all that dev time went into perfecting the gameplay. Ill take that tradeoff any day of the week in a football game.

I just got a new job that is going to require I work mucho hours, so please take Skiptastic and the Indianapolis team out of the league. :( ;_; [face_cry]

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Hurry up zep...

I want to know what I have to look forward to once my 360 gets its skanky ass back from the red light district.

:\

Zep

Banned
no impressions yet...lol but putting the game speed on fast is so much better. I'd suggest doing that first.

Zep

Banned
maynerd said:
What's so good about it? What makes it the best?

The passing animations from the QB...how fluid it feels, trust me, you'll notice.

And im only playing as Cunningham right now... ;)

Zep

Banned
I havent attempted one running play yet, honest. So refreshing to see the QB pat the ball and wind up before a bomb pass.

maynerd

Banned
Some guys review of the game. I'm even more excited for it now!

GameSpot Player ReviewDifficulty: Just Right
Learning Curve: 1 to 2 Hours
Time Spent: 10 to 20 Hours

"Instant classic" 8.9
greatGameplay 9
Graphics 8
Sound 9
Value 9
Tilt 9
By FraserAlexander
Posted Jul 17, 2007 8:33 am PT Marino to Sharpe over the middle for 12....and it looks bloody awesome!
I've already had a lot of fun moments with this game, and seen some legendary plays.

Last nigt I threw a bullet w/ Dan Marino to Shannon Sharpe and Jack Tatum nearly picked it off, but instead tipped it up and one of my none-intended recievers sprinted towards the ball and came up with it on his way down to the ground. In another game I executed a flee flicker to Rocket Ismail for a 53 yard touchdown which was all set up by pulling the safties in w/ short passes and running up the middle - so they bit on the hand off...hard...and the crowd went ape.

This brings me to a point about the game, which is that it no longer feels limited - if you have a big gun like Marino, you can throw the ball 65 yards in the air with wobble and all. A screen pass can be zipped out there in no time giving you a one on one with an unlucky sucka. I love defense too, because the hits can get pretty vicious, or if you have a reliable guy like **** Anderson, about three times a game he can read the play and wrap a guy up, he can't light them up like Butkus, but it's great seeing him execute.

The game has detail too, I was playing in the rain at the beast stadium (which degrades slowly as do the uniforms) it was awesome. As the players got noticeably wetter and wetter the hits were resembling a close up of an ultra sweaty boxer getting drilled by a knockout quality hook - a spray of water as feet are pumping for that extra half yard. Contrary to popular belief you can create or recreate any player you want. Yes there is a database of names, but you can type in the names you want also - some just may not have the field annnouncer recognize them and call out the number instead. But the database is quite substantial. Also you can edit their appearance to a degree that could take you 45 minutes if you're stingy on a single player. The sports ticker was impressing friends that were over, since they were real-world news stories popping up near the ticker giving the headlines, but you can go on live and actually pull up a story too...for instance i pulled up a dwight freeny signing to the colts for a rediculous sum of money and got a 3 page story. The graphics are very good, but not gears of war. They do however seem much better depending on the stadium - my home team is the assassins' in their default stadium which looks nice, however the lighting isn't nearly as good there as it is in many other places. Full outdoor places look the best IMO. The animation is simply the best out there though, and really makes this game shine so that you have fist pumping moments as you pull off some great plays. The game is not 2k5 v.2 - I've had 3 field goals blocked!!! On all-pro I got picked off 4 times (my fault, i'm still learning to read the D- who can also disguise thier plays) The sound is good, it's got great atmosphere, and I love hearing the crowd Boo me on away games, the stadium animatronics and announcer, plus dan and peter really help make the game come alive. Value is great IMO. I KNOW that I will spend at least 80 hours playing this game, which is more than I can say for 90% of the titiles that I buy (I'm talking to you Splinter Cell DA). I'll probably infact tilt closer to 150 hours or more because they really nailed the gameplay on the field.

To me this is a must have titie, and feel like the more people play it the more it will be appreciated. It has the danger of getting lower scores if very little time is spent with it, but if you keep playing you'll never have the same game twice. Even if this game doesn't sell well, it's an instant classic and will be refrenced for quite some time just like techmo bowl has been. For me a MUST BUY, and for everyone else a MUST TRY.

Zep

Banned
About to finally play some defense...I picked some generic and tier DB's on purpose to find out how the control is. Especially the swat moves.

maynerd

Banned
Big Zep said:
About to finally play some defense...I picked some generic and tier DB's on purpose to find out how the control is. Especially the swat moves.

I hear the half time show is awesome. Do tell when you get a chance! :)

Zep

Banned
such a big difference between the tiers...Rod Woodson is everywhere. guy is amazing in the game. MIght just be my first pick!

<3

Talladega Knight said:
Rocket Ishmail is in the game? Wow, they really spent the big money getting the big names didn't they?

Amazing, almost looks like I can create an entire team of former Cowboys, can you confirm if Michael Irvin is in the game

Gigglepoo

I decided to Gamefly NCAA over All Pro Football, despite being a huge NFL2K5 fan (I played 80 hours the first two weeks I owned it). I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake...

Zep

Banned
Thing with DB play...If you have a bronze or generic(especially generic) your gonna be frustrated. Controlling Rod Woodson is cake.

Kingpen

wow, that menu lag is the worst thing that made me hate the next gen madden games...
I'm glad to hear that it isn't there on AFB2k8...
If more of you guys chime in and say the presentation and graphics are pretty good, I might have to bite on this... I'm not a hardcore football nut so I don't really care about having current rosters or current nfl teams. Playing as some of the legends sounds pretty cool...

Purchased with NCAA. Pizza party tonight...

If you're looking for a copy in Philly, check the GameStop at Broad and Hunting Park.

Bog

Junior Ace
dollartaco said:
If you're looking for a copy in Philly, check the GameStop at Broad and Hunting Park.

It's all over Langhorne (Oxford Valley Mall-area), as well.

Zep

Banned
Defense will take some time to adjust....for everyone.

And Marino's arm is nuts...everything about the way he holds it is accurate.

Big Zep said:
Defense will take some time to adjust....for everyone.

And Marino's arm is nuts...everything about the way he holds it is accurate.

Did you turn off auto-strafing. Someone mentioned it above, it should be turned off immediately

Zep

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Did you turn off auto-strafing. Someone mentioned it above, it should be turned off immediately

yep turned it off...

Thing about defense in this is...you cant go full throttle on the analog or when you make a turn your momentum will be ridiculous. So pretty much go easy on the analog then make your move towards the ball.

Top Bottom