• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

olore

magnificent83 said:
What the hell was that about, thats asking for a drive through and then losing even more spots instead of just letting Kubica back and then retaking him later on in the race.

Came to post this

Chris R

Some of these commentators are fucking dense. Alonso would have avoided the whole situation if he would have given the position back right away instead of hoping the stewards wouldn't care. Cutting the corner wasn't the problem, gaining a spot due to cutting the corner was. Next time, give it back and take the spot away the next corner and guess what?!?!?! NO PENALTY :lol

Road

Alonso could always overtake the SC now and open a 30s difference, then "drive through" twice and not lose much.

megateto

rhfb said:
Some of these commentators are fucking dense. Alonso would have avoided the whole situation if he would have given the position back right away instead of hoping the stewards wouldn't care. Cutting the corner wasn't the problem, gaining a spot due to cutting the corner was. Next time, give it back and take the spot away the next corner and guess what?!?!?! NO PENALTY :lol

You're absolutely spot on.

If only they had taken the same route as with Lewis SC incident, that is, waiting 20 laps to make a decision... XD

Wes

venison crêpe
Diablohead said:
I missed that, was it shown on bbc or another station?

On hangar straight, when he ran to get the pieces of the broken rear wing, kinda stumbled on the grass and kind of crawled to the track to pick up pieces.

Salacious Crumb

Igo said:
Is it just me or did I see Vettel or someone else pass the SC past the white line?
You mean just as it came out?

pkwiN.png

I guess the green light meant he could pass?

Goldrusher

rhfb said:
Some of these commentators are fucking dense. Alonso would have avoided the whole situation if he would have given the position back right away instead of hoping the stewards wouldn't care. Cutting the corner wasn't the problem, gaining a spot due to cutting the corner was. Next time, give it back and take the spot away the next corner and guess what?!?!?! NO PENALTY
Alonso overtook Kubica.
Then Kubica tries to overtake Alonso, but pushes him onto the grass.
Alonso gets a penalty for not giving Kubica a place back ?

Doesn't make sense.

Igo

Goldrusher said:
Alonso overtook Kubica.

Doesn't make sense.

Kubica held his normal line through the corner and Alonso wasn't able to make it stick. He was only able to make it work by cutting the chicane. All he had to do was give the position right back and attack again but he thought he was above that. Ferrari should have explicitly told him to give the position back but they failed. This was all their own making.

Chris R

Goldrusher said:
Alonso overtook Kubica.

Doesn't make sense.
From what I saw, Alonso didn't have the position just yet, and Kubica had the line. Alonso would have lost maybe 5 seconds slowing on the next straight and letting Kubica pass him, and would have been right back on the rear ready to pass again. Instead he just drove away, hoping the stewards would see it his way, but they didn't.

Ugh, I gotta stop trying to watch this live, none of the BBC streams last, they all break for me after a few mins, I never used to have issues like this.

Zinga

Banned
The penalty is ridiculously excessive, especially considering what happened there, Alonso had no choice but to go off the track, and they had radioed for Kubica to take the position back when he broke down. They should have just left it there, or applied a 3 second penalty at the end of race.

megateto

More conspiracy theories from the Spanish commentators: the SC was not deployed in Valencia with two bottles on the road, today, some carbon parts and SC deployed.

Igo

Zinga said:
The penalty is ridiculously excessive, especially considering what happened there, Alonso had no choice but to go off the track, and they had radioed for Kubica to take the position back when he broke down. They should have just left it there, or applied a 3 second penalty at the end of race.

Sorry but no. Kubica's retirement was at least 3 laps after the incident. That's too much I think. Not to mention Lewis still got penalized at Spa 08 after giving the position back and Kimi binned it.

avaya

Alonso's fate this race is his own fault. Had he not shitted up his own start he clearly had the second fastest car today to the Red Bulls.

Alonso deserved some kind of penalty for cutting the corner but a drive-though was excessive. Given the extraordinary precedent set by the stewards in the last race of giving only a 1 second penalty to a number of cars for an infraction which gained them a whole lot more than 1 second is amusing. The FIA need to sort out their penalty decisions.

@megateto
This Ferrari team has no balls. They used to be the biggest baddest bastards in the pitlane. You did not fuck with us. Jean Todt ended Ron Dennis' career. He eviscerated him. Bought Project 4 to their knees. It was fucking beautiful to watch. They were devious. They were scheming. They won first then asked questions later.

Domenicali's new approach of playing nice-nice is pitiful.

Chris R

Goldrusher said:
Normal line my ass. They don't drive on rails.
It is the slowest and tightest corner on the track. Not saying the penalty isn't overly harsh, but there wouldn't have been a penalty had Alonso simply given the position back on the straight, setting him up to take it on the back half of the lap in a proper manner.

megateto

rhfb said:
It is the slowest and tightest corner on the track. Not saying the penalty isn't overly harsh, but there wouldn't have been a penalty had Alonso simply given the position back on the straight, setting him up to take it on the back half of the lap in a proper manner.

Seems that Fernando asked his team if the pass was ok and the pit told him that everything was fine. He even let his revs down for a while...

2nd half of this race has been a real snooze, the general silverstone race is all about speed so only a few cars get ahead and end up keeping it.

lol saying that vittel ate a little mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom