• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the change to the track, it looked really weird at first using the runway for the long track layout but I think it works well to give the track some shape instead of looking like a half melted square.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
The camping segment on the BBC qualifying coverage is hilarious. Eddie Jordan is a liability to all of mankind confirmed!. Jake Humphrey is in his element though, if he has shown one thing during his stint as F1 anchor, that he is really good with the fans, especially the younger ones.

Anyway, back to the actual F1, either McLaren are severely sandbagging, or screwed, after all the hype leading to this GP I fear they're in for a tough weekend. Vettel for pole with Webber and the Ferraris close behind. McLaren may struggle to compete with Rosberg and Kubica in my view.

Diablohead said:
I like the change to the track, it looked really weird at first using the runway for the long track layout but I think it works well to give the track some shape instead of looking like a half melted square.
Yeah, those bumps on turn 11 though, :lol :lol That WILL cause accidents come the race.

Edit: WTF!? Note to Michael Schumacher: we're supposed to hate you for being an arrogant bastard. Stop doing weird driving interviews on the BBC, it's not fair. STOP BEING NICE ALREADY!

Edit edit: Schumacher just admitted that "Winning or nothing is not really everything" after Humphrey asked him about his return to F1. This is NOT Michael Schumacher, he has been replicated by those clever German scientists, but they forgot to install the bastard chip. I want the real MS back please.

Stop It said:
Edit edit: Schumacher just admitted that "Winning or nothing is not really everything" after Humphrey asked him about his return to F1. This is NOT Michael Schumacher, he has been replicated by those clever German scientists, but they forgot to install the bastard chip. I want the real MS back please.
If he was winning races often he would be like his normal self, since he is in a slower team and sometimes finishing mid pack he has become someone who seems soft :lol

Stop It

Diablohead said:
If he was winning races often he would be like his normal self, since he is in a slower team and sometimes finishing mid pack he has become someone who seems soft :lol
I hope so, I enjoyed hating him during his career, I don't like this new "nice" Schumacher, it's ruining my hatred for him!

Anyway, Button and Hamilton really are comfortable with each other, you can stage manage all you like but you can't fake friendship. I think Buttons easy going nature has softened Hamilton this year, and while they're rivals out on track, off it they really do get on well. I think after Alonso vs Hamilton everyone assumed that Hamilton couldn't get on with a true rival, this year has shown that simply isn't true.
Britprog said:
RE BBC coverage: WHO HAS A BIGGER ASS JENSON OR LEWIS
I like how they ended up comparing their arses, before swiftly denying it. Button was priceless.

Note to Eddie Jordan, RBR are a private team too, so that doesn't explain them being faster than McLaren, sorry. In fact, RBR are faster than their "works" team Renault and McLaren are faster than Mercedes, doesn't say much for "manufacture support".

Predictions for the start of race, bumps will spin a car out, someone will rub another car before the runway area, someone will go off at least.

Stop It

Diablohead said:
Predictions for the start of race, bumps will spin a car out, someone will rub another car before the runway area, someone will go off at least.
So, have you got any predictions for anyone other than Massa?

Britprog

Think Alonso might be right up there, his time on FP3 was on hards as he had a water leak before he had a chance on softs.

My prediction:

1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Alonso

Britprog said:
That viral video is from Vodafone nothing to do with Mercedes

Wasn't saying it was, but I can guarantee you there'll be some very tetchy communications from Merc PR over that.

Stop It said:
Note to Eddie Jordan, RBR are a private team too, so that doesn't explain them being faster than McLaren, sorry. In fact, RBR are faster than their "works" team Renault and McLaren are faster than Mercedes, doesn't say much for "manufacture support".

Eddie was saying it was interesting because RBR are a private team - they're forcing all the works outfits into a desperate development race.

Britprog

Button out!!!!!! WTF
25kr15ijpg.gif

Come on LEWIS I'm sure you can get the 2nd row!!!!

Britprog

Juicy Bob said:
Hamilton finally beating Button as consistently as I thought he would at the start of the year.

He has been doing that in qualifying and race anyway, Jenson has only beaten him when there have been weather problems!!!

Jenson is always bitching about the car!!!

moojito

Juicy Bob said:
Hamilton finally beating Button as consistently as I thought he would at the start of the year.

There was a pretty decent explanation of the difference between button's qualifying performance and his race performance in the commentary of practice 2.

If you're saying that at the start of the season you thought hamilton would be beating button consistently in qualifying only, then fair enough.

Britprog

Britprog said:
Think Alonso might be right up there, his time on FP3 was on hards as he had a water leak before he had a chance on softs.

My prediction:

1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Alonso

My prediction was right, Hami on 2nd row, best of a bad situation!!! He might even get a podium!!!

Juicy Bob

Also, they really need to bring back the desk in the press conference.

They look like they're hosting some Sunday morning TV book-club show.

olore

Juicy Bob said:

Yeah, it´s a friggin` crotchview deeluxe atm

Britprog

Juicy Bob said:

I think it maybe to show all the sponsor logos or something!!! I like as it shows the drivers body language however not fan at looking at Mark Webber crotch

Britprog

Just watching BBC interview with Lewis, very happy with his performance and is up for it tomorrow.

If he can get alonso tomorrow 3rd is best he can hope for I guess unless a repeat of Turkey.

He was asked about Jenson's performance he came to his defence saying our car is very hard to drive at the moment and its just one of those days!!

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Glad I avoided Mclaren for this race, chrome box on wheels - again.

Igo

As if I need more reasons to despise RBR, I now hear that they gave Vettel Marks front wing after Vettel's broke in FP3. How ridiculous is that.

olore

jey_16 said:
Red Bull.....amazing, just so much faster. Alonso was just staring at Webber's care after qualifying :lol

Haha yeah i saw that too. He seemed to checkout the exhausts

Britprog

FuturusX said:
Love to see Hamilton take a Red Bull around Silverstone for a test run :D

They were in another class today...yet again.

Lol no chance of seeing that happen!!

I bet Lewis could get a decent time in the "star in the average price car" around Silverstone.

AcridMeat

Banned
AHHHHHHhgh, so many other things going on I forgot to set my team and have no bets. Royally fucked. :lol

Wow, domination by RBR. Well I'm still looking forward to the race, haven't had a chance to see the new track yet.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
AcridMeat said:
AHHHHHHhgh, so many other things going on I forgot to set my team and have no bets. Royally fucked. :lol

Wow, domination by RBR. Well I'm still looking forward to the race, haven't had a chance to see the new track yet.

Bets will register as the same from the last time, so all is not lost.

Chris R

So glad I upgraded to RBR for both my chassis and engine :D Should be a great weekend for points as well if there is no passing
I hate this, if there is a ton of passing the race will be great but I lose my bets, if there is no passing, the race is boring, but I get a ton of points :lol

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This one is easy RBR 1-2, if they wont collide right after start or if Webber starts like granny again.

Mclaren tried too hard with new exhaust system, but they failed.

curls

DrM said:
This one is easy RBR 1-2, if they wont collide right after start or if Webber starts like granny again.

It worked, but it disrupted the rest of the aerodynamics. They reverted to the previous exhaust setup, during that process it looks like they made a cockup somewhere - resulting in a poor handling car for qualifying.

Britprog

DrM said:

Would be hilarious if vettel's front wing breaks on the last lap and he goes into the wall, and webber wins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom