• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterion

Webber sticking it to RBR and fingerboy. Nice show by the Mclaren, 2-4 was more than I could hope for. :lol at Ferrari. Looking forward to Alonso's complaints.

Dilly

Banned
Red Bull really have to stop covering their parts with mechanics standing in front of them, it just looks stupid.

Everyone can see the parts post-race anyway.

Lince

Banned
Pterion said:
Webber sticking it to RBR and fingerboy. Nice show by the Mclaren, 2-4 was more than I could hope for. :lol at Ferrari. Looking forward to Alonso's complaints.

let's hope the FiA give the WDC already to your boy so we don't have to watch any more manipulated races, the SC waited until the right time to not interfere with Lewis Carl then we this other driver run over Pedro DLR (without any penalty whatsoever) the SC was immediately deployed to clear out the debris, not the case at Valencia when a deployed SC to clear out the bottles and other debris would have compromised Lewis Carl. And the drive through for Alonso, well, he had nowhere to go but to cause an accident, if this is the way the FiA is trying to "encourage" overtaking they're doing it exceptionally (sadly only when the driver involved is called Lewis Carl).

Lince

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Alonso overtook Kubica.
Then Kubica tries to overtake Alonso, but pushes him onto the grass.
Alonso gets a penalty for not giving Kubica a place back ?

Doesn't make sense.

and the penalty is not losing a position, it was a full drive-through, and it didn't take 20 laps this time around, a joke.

FuturusX

Lince said:
let's hope the FiA give the WDC already to your boy so we don't have to watch any more manipulated races, the SC waited until the right time to not interfere with Lewis Carl then we this other driver run over Pedro DLR (without any penalty whatsoever) the SC was immediately deployed to clear out the debris, not the case at Valencia when a deployed SC to clear out the bottles and other debris would have compromised Lewis Carl. And the drive through for Alonso, well, he had nowhere to go but to cause an accident, if this is the way the FiA is trying to "encourage" overtaking they're doing it exceptionally (sadly only when the driver involved is called Lewis Carl).

Question: What are you smoking? Can I have some? On second thoughts, it's surely laced with PCP so no thanks. But keep smoking and posting, the results are hilarious.

Britprog

Lince said:

You do realise that there was a new SC car procedure after your favourite driver bitched about the SC in the last race!!! Try reading the rules before you post!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85187

Pterion

FuturusX said:
Question: What are you smoking? Can I have some? On second thoughts, it's surely laced with PCP so no thanks. But keep smoking and posting, the results are hilarious.
Hopefully for him, the soccer match can cool his anger. Although I suspect the Dutch will win it...

Lince

Banned
you're all right, Alonso cheated and was fairly punished I was smoking some weed when I posted that rant, I even forgot the FiA amended the Safety Car rules after Lewis Carl broke them and got away with them

*smokes*

Dilly

Banned
Lince said:
you're all right, Alonso cheated and was fairly punished I was smoking some weed when I posted that rant, I even forgot the FiA amended the Safety Car rules after Lewis Carl broke them and got away with them

*smokes*
sigh

Life isn't all black and white you know.

FuturusX

Alonso and Ferrari can complain about the FIA all they want, but the simple truth is clear, the Ferrari just isn't good enough this year.

S. L.

pretty good race. i feared it would be a borefest before the SC came out, but then it was pretty entertaining.
Vettel got really unlucky with the puncture at the beginning, but did a good fight trough the field back into the points.
Fantastic result for Kobayashi again and for Williams too.

edit:
even with Vettels 7th place i did some solid 1303 points this weekend

megateto

FuturusX said:
Alonso and Ferrari can complain about the FIA all they want, but the simple truth is clear, the Ferrari just isn't good enough this year.

Not quite a RBR car, but at the same level and sometimes above the McLaren.

Lince

Banned
so where is the rule that says that if a driver cuts a corner to avoid an accident and gains a position in the process a drive through is in place? can't really find it, anywhere why are you guys mixing football and F1? bitter much? England will play well some day again... just, some day.

Dilly

Banned
Spa all over again.

Lince said:
so where is the rule that says that if a driver cuts a corner to avoid an accident and gains a position in the process a drive through is in place? can't really find it, anywhere why are you guys mixing football and F1? bitter much? England will play well some day again... just, some day.

He should have given it back, these things happened before you know.

avaya

FuturusX said:

What does this have to do with them complaining about the FIA?

It's like saying England can complain about FIFA all they want but the truth is Nadal won Wimbledon.

Lince said:

Spa 2008.

Britprog

Lince said:

The rule is if you cut a corner and take a place the driver must give the position back. Alonso should have done that in the next corner, but he didn't, he broke a rule!!!

At that point after checking the FIA would have told Alonso to give the position back, but Kubica had retired at that point and Alonso still had broken a rule so he had a drive trough.

Simples

Britprog said:
The rule is if you cut a corner and take a place the driver must give the position back. Alonso should have done that in the next corner, but he didn't, he broke a rule!!!

At that point after checking the FIA would have told Alonso to give the position back, but Kubica had retired at that point and Alonso still had broken a rule so he had a drive trough.

Simples

I don't think it is as cut and dried as that.There is a difference between a driver doing a banzai move from behind and having to cut a corner, and a driver being squeezed out and taking to the grass to avoid an accident. I can see why Alonso would have stayed ahead waiting for the team to tell him what to do. Sadly Kubica went out and so there was then bugger all he could do to fix it. Brundle and Coulthard thought he was unfairly punished. And frankly I take their word over people on a forum.

Lince said:

Lol, I'm not English and Alonso should have been smarter. He was obviously faster, he could and would have retaken the position easily. But no, he decided to put it into the hands of the Stewards and the safety car and Kubica breakdown just made the situation worse for him. The punishment was just, what other move could they have given for an illegal move. Would you have preferred a 25 second penalty after the race like Hamilton got at Spa 2008?

FuturusX

avaya said:
What does this have to do with them complaining about the FIA?

I would suggest they not use an admittedly meddlesome FIA as a smoke screen to cover what a thoroughly disappointing season they have had in producing a strong racing car...that's all.

avaya

FuturusX said:
I would suggest they not use an admittedly meddlesome FIA as a smoke screen to cover what a thoroughly disappointing season they have had in producing a strong racing car...that's all.

or the fact that both drivers have made a fair few mistakes this season as well.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
state_vector_collapse said:
I don't think it is as cut and dried as that.There is a difference between a driver doing a banzai move from behind and having to cut a corner, and a driver being squeezed out and taking to the grass to avoid an accident. I can see why Alonso would have stayed ahead waiting for the team to tell him what to do. Sadly Kubica went out and so there was then bugger all he could do to fix it. Brundle and Coulthard thought he was unfairly punished. And frankly I take their word over people on a forum.

The stewards should have just come over the radio and announced the position needed to be given back half a lap or a lap later. Why does it take so damn long for them to figure out a penalty?

Just rule it illegal on the spot (or soon after) and tell the drivers to sort it out on the track.

megateto

magnificent83 said:
Lol, I'm not English and Alonso should have been smarter. He was obviously faster, he could and would have retaken the position easily. But no, he decided to put it into the hands of the Stewards and the safety car and Kubica breakdown just made the situation worse for him. The punishment was just, what other move could they have given for an illegal move. Would you have preferred a 25 second penalty after the race like Hamilton got at Spa 2008?

He asked the team and they told him that the pass was fine, so blame the team.

vettel on hamilton:

"surely he achieved this time what he didn't in valencia"

:lol

he and alonso are the most unlikeable drivers on the grid. whiny cunts.

good recovery drive by button.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
I would be happy if Webber won the championship at this point. :lol Loved Eddie Jordan ripping into Horner. Deserved.

Alonso at Ferrari over the radio. :lol :lol :lol

Lince

Banned
Spa and France 2008 ?

this time was different you can clearly see how Kubica went into Alonso's side coming from behind (I believe Fernando had already overtaken Kubica at this point) and Fernando avoided the accident by cutting the chicane, after avoiding a sure accident he would radio the wall and ask if the position should be yielded and he got an OK, but the usual suspects here still blaming Alonso for what happened and calling the penalty fair, go figure.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Great race. Glad Alonso got a penalty. It was a no brained IMO. Never mind 'racing incident', he went in too deep and put himself in that situation. You cut a corner and gain/maintain a place, you give that back, simple

I suppose they could have made Alonso fall back to the position that Kubica was in, so eg 9th, but its basically his fault for not giving the place back immediately. You can't not punish that just because kubica broke down.

It was a strong punishment, but what else do stewards have for an in-race penalty? It was then massively amplified by the safety car coming out at that precise moment.

As for webber/vettel, I can't believe the team went 'oh we only have one wing, give it to the guy a few points ahead'. Surely they had two wings, and vettel broke his, tough shit for him.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
state_vector_collapse said:
I thougt the rule was if you drive off the racetrack and doing so puts you at an advantage, then you should hand it back. Doesn't make any distinction about why you went off the racetrack

You could argue that kubica ran Alonso off the road. You could also argue that Alonso out his car into a position where kubica would have to close the door on him.

You don't go off the track and get an advantage, no Ifs, no buts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom