• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kikanny said:
Fuck this race. Fuck this team. Fuck Alonso. Fuck F1. I feel for Massa.

Did you feel the same when McLaren used to pull this with Coulthard and Hakkinen? Because you should have if you feel that strongly.....so I guess you hate McLaren yes?

Pimpwerx

I'm watching a BBC feed, and I dare them to cut away from this presser. :lol I now know how McLaren fans felt in 01 and 02. This isn't upsetting so much as it's hilarious. Just when we all were getting ready for baby face Ferrari to giant-kill heel Red Bull, we get a swerve. McLaren will never experience fan support like they're gonna get this rest of this season. They're now the heros of the season. Slay the Matador and the Bull. :D

Good race for Felipe. He gets man of the race from me. Quiet race from Vettel. To think everyone secretly wanted Fingerboy to win today. :lol Great salvage from McLaren. Good sabotage on Webber's car by Red Bull and LOL @ Alonso's feigned celebration. I can't remember is Michael ever celebrated either of his clearly stolen wins in Austria. His did for some of the more-subtle ones.

This press conference is gonna be so awesome. I can't wait for the boos on the podium. I wonder if Germans hate Alonso for when he and Michael had their duels. Oh...here come the fireworks. PEACE.

Reno7728

Mohonky said:
Who? Maclaren uses 'fuel saving mode' as a code for 'don't pull a Webber / Vettel brain fade,' but they never stop them from racing one another for position, Webber is too arrogant and Vettel to full of himself to ever consider team orders. That today was just blatant, glad Massa made it so bloody obvious. Why not. If the team gives him the orders, might as well make it known it was an order.

Well Davidson was specifically talking about other forms of racing, but IIRC didn't Kimi move out of the way of massa in China (?) in 08 (?)

I think the biggest problem is how Ferrari will deal with Massa's mental side from here

EDIT - Smedly's Radio :lol 'you won't know what that means' :lol :lol :lol

Road

Pimpwerx said:
I'm watching a BBC feed, and I dare them to cut away from this presser. :lol I now know how McLaren fans felt in 01 and 02. This isn't upsetting so much as it's hilarious. Just when we all were getting ready for baby face Ferrari to giant-kill heel Red Bull, we get a swerve. McLaren will never experience fan support like they're gonna get this rest of this season. They're now the heros of the season. Slay the Matador and the Bull..
notsureifserious.jpg

Britprog

state_vector_collapse said:
Alonso win and Hamilton not on the podium. A good day.

This is a business, they are in it to win the championship and hopefully have the winning driver at the end of the season. They aren't here to mess up results and keep handing points to other drivers.

Yeah whatever, if McLaren pulled this today I am sure the tifosi would be spitting blood!!!!

Salacious Crumb

Just like Massa I didn't know the meaning of that word.

mag·nan·i·mous /magˈnanəməs/

Adjective: Very generous or forgiving, esp. toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself.

Appropriate :lol

Mohonky

fernando_alonso11.jpg

But seriously, Massa is going to be shattered, he seemed to lack confidence before, now he's well aware of his position in Ferrari, wouldn't be surprised if he tried to leave. He won't have any confidence there anymore.

Also I don't understand Webbers position at Redbull. He's clearly every bit as capable as Vettel, maybe more so, of winning the championship, but they seem to clearly throw everything behind Vettel. Don't get me wrong, Webber shits me to tears but crotch sucking of Vettel makes no sense.

olore

They aren't here to mess up results

They told Massa to back off so Uni-Brow could pass. What part of that isn`t messing up results.

Fuck Ferrari and Alonso

Arhal_Katarn

Did you feel the same when McLaren used to pull this with Coulthard and Hakkinen? Because you should have if you feel that strongly.....so I guess you hate McLaren yes?

It wasn't banned then you dumb cunt. Thats what everyone is pissed about, the fact that it says in the rules that team orders are banned.

Mohonky

Arhal_Katarn said:
It wasn't banned then you dumb cunt. Thats what everyone is pissed about, the fact that it says in the rules that team orders are banned.

Not to mention that it was that era with Hakkinen and Schuey are the reason that rule was implemented and team rules were banned.

jey_16

Banned
I'm pretty sure kova let Hamilton through in 2008, just not as deliberate....they mentioned it in the broadcast

Also....Kimi let massa though during china 2008

Arhal_Katarn

Lol at the keyboard tough guy with his name calling. Sad

Well maybe if you bothered to read what people where saying. When DC and MH where doing it, the rules allowed it. Team orders have been banned since 2002 and this is going to come back and bite them in the ass.

Lince

Banned
what a ridiculous "sport" F1 is

"Fernando is faster than you" what the hell? and where was the ultra-hyped-I-can-win-from-last-place-as-the-wonderboy-I-am Hamilton today? this is a circus full of clowns the likes of Hamilton, Button, Massa, Alonso et al. willing to perform and pull any trick with a smile, I'm ditching F1 for MotoGP where the riders' skills actually matter.

kharma45

Reno7728 said:
He (correctly IMO) said that there shouldn't be a rule against team orders in the first place

I'm on the side too that there shouldn't be any rule against team orders, although Alonso I thought probably could've overtaken Massa on the track.

TylerD

Lince said:
what a ridiculous "sport" F1 is

"Fernando is faster than you" what the hell? and where was the ultra-hyped-I-can-win-from-last-place-as-the-wonderboy-I-am Hamilton today? this is a circus full of clowns the likes of Hamilton, Button, Massa, Alonso et al. willing to perform and pull any trick with a smile, I'm ditching F1 for MotoGP where the riders' skills actually matter.

You should be a Red Bull fan then! They will let drivers crash each other and Webber sure as hell isn't going to pull any trick with a smile. :lol

Vettel is a clown though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom