• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
avaya said:
FERRARI SHOULD BE FUCKING BANNED.

FUCKING BANNED.

Yes.

I'm brazilian, and i know Alonso was clearly faster, however, the whole point of racing is to show that on the track.

I know it's not the first time this happens, that Formula 1 has turned to a joke lately, but Ferrari just trumps it all. They deliberately do this because FIA never punishes them.

It was shameful to see Alonso at the end of the race talking with his engeneer asking if Massa had problems and if he managed to finished second.

What a fucking lie, like he didn't knew what was happening.

I'm glad Massa made it clear that this was BS.

Alonso would probably pass him, but us not been able to see the dispute goes against everything that autoracing means.

Mohonky

dodgebullets.jpg

Massa: No I don't need to say anything about that.............
LOL.

Poor Massa. They tried to get it out of them, Alonso dwindles off on some wild tangent and Massa just puts it blunt 'he just passed me, I don't need to say what happen there.'

itsgreen

omfg.

how can this not be punished.

Massa refuses to comment on Alonso overtaking him. Basically saying "I didn't push the gas pedal"

offshore

Sloane said:
Shut his face? He didn't even seem to know what he was talking about.

I suppose shutting his face is better. I was just saying he can't really condemn Ferrari for pretty obvious reasons.

Jinjo

Road said:
notsureifserious.jpg

You can say whatever you like about McLaren and they may not be real heroes or something, but they are the only ones this season that are playing the whole team and driver business right. Where everyone was expecting a blow-up between Jenson and Lewis the cracks are showing at RBR and now the blatant disgusting team orders from Ferrari. McLaren is the only championship running team at the moment that is running their drivers the correct way and they may be applauded for that imo.

Goldrusher

kharma45 said:
I'm on the side too that there shouldn't be any rule against team orders
There shouldn't be at the end of the season, when one driver can win the title, but the other can't. But perhaps with an exception of a race victory (ie you can't let your team mate win the race).

Today, both Massa and Alonso were - and are - still in the running for the championship.

Unacceptable team order, especially when it's forbidden by the rules.

BrokenSymmetry said:
I agree with Eddie Jordan that there's no other solution than to disqualify both Ferrari drivers.

I would love for that to happen.

Would certainly make the teams think about it more the next time.

avaya

Goldrusher said:
There shouldn't be at the end of the season, when one driver can win the title, but the other can't. But perhaps with an exception of a race victory (ie you can't let your team mate win the race).

Today, both Massa and Alonso were - and are - still in the running for the championship.

Unacceptable team order, especially when it's forbidden by the rules.

Fucking this.

At a minimum Ferrari must lose all of their points from this race in both championships.

Anything less is a disgrace.

Britprog

Ferrari are a bunch of fuck ups, why didn't they do it on the sly!!!!

Make some shit up, your breaks are overheating, engine, oil whatever!!!

What a bunch of fuck ups!!!!

megateto

BrokenSymmetry said:
I agree with Eddie Jordan that there's no other solution than to disqualify both Ferrari drivers.

For fucks sake, talk about double standards. This Ferrari affair is horrible, a real shame but is it just a matter of making it less obvious? Did Mclaren get this shit with the "saving fuel" tactics?

I really hate the way Ferrari handled the situation, but this is not the first time we see team orders in this season and I can't remember that in those cases there was so much hate.

spoon!

Goddamn, Alonso had better soundly beat Massa in every one of the coming GPs, else he's going to get nailed to the cross.

ElyrionX

I don't get it.

My only problem with the team order is that it isn't allowed under the rules. But other than that, what's the big deal?

F1 is as much an individual sport as it is a team sport. Alonso has proven himself to be the far better driver at Ferrari all season and is the only shot Ferrari has at the WDC. What's wrong with ordering the slower driver out of the way? Telling Alonso to attempt an overtake is just stupid because that could blow up in Ferrari's face if either of them screw up and both of them gets taken out.

Why feel sorry for Massa? He's good enough to be in F1 but he's clearly not WDC-material. The guy makes millions of dollars driving for Ferrari. Who gives a shit about his confidence level or ego? If he doesn't like it, he can leave Ferrari for another team. It's not as if there won't be thousands of drivers lining up to take his place.

Lince

Banned
the British rage in this thread :lol

didn't recall any of this with the Macca "low fuel" incident when Jenson overtook Hamilton and he lifted after letting him back through, oh well, fuck F1, welcome MotoGP.

avaya

Britprog said:
Ferrari are a bunch of fuck ups, why didn't they do it on the sly!!!!

Make some shit up, your breaks are overheating, engine, oil whatever!!!

What a bunch of fuck ups!!!!

Get out. When we did team orders when it was allowed we did it blatently. Don't need to be like fucking McLaren.

I'd rather see the team orders in the open rather than trying to con people into believing you have values or something.

Still clearly team orders are fucking banned, even though that rule is ridiculous, they are still banned.

Ferrari need to be DSQ'ed.

pootle

Poor Rob and Felipe are going to get their balls booted for this by the team.

A nice well behaved shut up and take it would have been better for Ferrari.

Fuck, I haven't been this fed up with F1 for years.

Only in F1.

People here trying to downplay and say "hey, it happened before, they shouldn't complain", are just wrong...

It's not right, and i can't think of this been done in a series where the races are trully raced, like Nascar.

If you can't race your team mate, then there shouldn't be team mates at all and teams should run only one car in order to preserve the sport.

I guess people just got used to the BS F1 does all the time.

God, i'm so pissed because i keep watching this "sport" and it's one crap show after another. After Austria 2002, i thought this wouldn't happen again unless it was the WC.

Guess i was wrong.

megateto

Pterion said:
And here goes your credibility.

It was an honest question, dude. But check the whole thread and you'll see that from the very beginning I said that it was a shame and that it sadden me.

Lince

Banned
ElyrionX said:
I don't get it.

My only problem with the team order is that it isn't allowed under the rules. But other than that, what's the big deal?

F1 is as much an individual sport as it is a team sport. Alonso has proven himself to be the far better driver at Ferrari all season and is the only shot Ferrari has at the WDC. What's wrong with ordering the slower driver out of the way? Telling Alonso to attempt an overtake is just stupid because that could blow up in Ferrari's face if either of them screw up and both of them gets taken out.

Why feel sorry for Massa? He's good enough to be in F1 but he's clearly not WDC-material. The guy makes millions of dollars driving for Ferrari. Who gives a shit about his confidence level or ego? If he doesn't like it, he can leave Ferrari for another team. It's not as if there won't be thousands of drivers lining up to take his place.

you have a point, but the Sun readers wouldn't see it even if it was as big as the Moon.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I get the rage...

but we are only a few weeks removed from a race where both Red Bull and McClaren tried to give team orders but fucked it up. Red Bull took each other out on the "pass" and McClaren had their boys touch wheels on the pass.

Ferrari made it blatant, but it happens constantly.

Massa gave way to Kimi so Kimi could win the title.
Next season Kimi gave way to Massa so he could try and win the title.

avaya

Pterion said:
And here goes your credibility.

Wake up. McLaren are equally dirty fuckers. They just try to keep it hidden. Why do you think Lewis looked fucked off in Turkey? Alonso vs. Lewis in 2007, the fallout was over team orders.

This is beside the point. Ferrari should be banned. Doesn't matter if the rule is laughable.

Zinga

Banned
Ferrari did the right thing, Massa was only holding up Alonso and hurting their championship prospects.

Great race by Fernando and the team, I am proud of them all.

Road said:
So, it is correct to fix the results?

OK.

F1 is the only sport i know people even consider the possibility of fixing results.

The whole idea is banned in the world of sports unless you are watching WWE.

Fixing results is wrong, and that's the only thing we should all agree.

Mohonky

megateto said:
For fucks sake, talk about double standards. This Ferrari affair is horrible, a real shame but is it just a matter of making it less obvious? Did Mclaren get this shit with the "saving fuel" tactics?

I really hate the way Ferrari handled the situation, but this is not the first time we see team orders in this season and I can't remember that in those cases there was so much hate.

Big difference. The 'saving fuel' tactic is to stop the cars from fighting one another and taking themselves out Redbull style, not about pushing one car in front of one another to put who they might feel the 'better contender' for WDC to the front. It's basically a 'hold position and don't fuck it up' call. In that instance Button still went past and Hamilton immediately responded and the two touched wheels on the curb fighting with Hamilton taking the place back. It's not a call to put one driver in front of the other but to avoid unnecessary risks between team mates.

Massa was clearly holding a good few seconds lead and told to let the other driver by. If they told Alonso to stop putting pressure on Massa and hold position, no one would care, cept maybe Alonso fans. It's not unusual for teams to order their drivers to back off one another, better to have two cars finish then risk wiping both your cars out. Asking one driver to completely drop off and let a preferred driver win is another thing entirely.

Le Man do the same thing with in teams, it's not unusual. Dictating the winner by forcing one driver to back off and let another in front however, is the worst call any driver could hear over the team radio and directly effects WDC standings.

Jinjo

ElyrionX said:
I don't get it.

I think there you have it. It isn't allowed under the rules. No argument. Breaking the rules deserves punishment. I disagree about Massa not being WDC material though. You forgot 2008?

The only one giving a shit about his confidence level is himself (and Ferrari, but maybe after today not so much). This win would have been huge for him as it would have been his first since the massive crash from last year. For him, it would have mattered and you can always argue what consequences it would've had for the rest of the season if his lack of confidence really was an issue. But only Massa knows that.

Pterion

Mohonky said:
Big difference. The 'saving fuel' tactic is to stop the cars from fighting one another and taking themselves out Redbull style, not about pushing one car in front of one another to put who they might feel the 'better contender' for WDC to the front. It's basically a 'hold position and don't fuck it up' call. In that instance Button still went past and Hamilton immediately responded and the two touched wheels on the curb fighting with Hamilton taking the place back. It's not a call to put one driver in front of the other but to avoid unnecessary risks between team mates.
Exactly.

Mohonky

Zinga said:
Ferrari did the right thing, Massa was only holding up Alonso and hurting their championship prospects.

Great race by Fernando and the team, I am proud of them all.

Were you watching the same race? Where was Alonso faster than Massa? Massa was putting in faster times frequently. When Alonso kicked it up a gear, Massa just went faster again. At no point did Alonso ever look like he might pull Massa in, he was a good few seconds ahead.

Alonso can cry all he wants but Massa was pulling away and Alonso was falling back toward Vettel for the majority of the race and even when Alonso pulled a gap on Vettel, he wasn't doing shit in pulling back Massa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom