• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

avaya said:
Disagree with this, Alonso gets more points than he should have because the team broke a rule. This impacts the championship and by definition everyone else.

Well, okay, that's a fair point.

kikanny

avaya said:
Disagree with this, Alonso gets more points than he should have because the team broke a rule. This impacts the championship and by definition everyone else.
For one, it definitely affects Red Bull and Horner is doing everything he can to get Ferrari screwed and rightly so. Although it is very hypocritical of him saying that he treats their drivers fairly.

Pterion

justjohn said:
I'm laughing at your inferiority complex. You always seem to thnk it's the British fans here after alonso when most of them aren't even British.

And what's your problem with Hamilton? :lol
You must be british.:lol

duckroll

kikanny said:
For one, it definitely affects Red Bull and Horner is doing everything he can to get Ferrari screwed and rightly so. Although it is very hypocritical of him saying that he treats their drivers fairly.

Hey at least he can go to sleep at night knowing that he only screws one driver over another BEFORE the race, not during the race! :lol

duckroll

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/239685/domenicali-team-orders-are-not-a-problem/

“I already know the question…to be honest, we felt Felipe was a little bit slower and Vettel was catching up. Honestly, I don’t think there’s much point in (talking about) that…team orders are not a problem.”

Furthermore, Stefano does not expect to be called before the FIA Race Stewards over the matter. “To be honest I don’t think so, but we’ll see – we are totally up for that,” he replied.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/239690/ferrari-called-to-stewards-office/

Senior members of the Ferrari team have been instructed to head directly to Race Control at Hockenheim following the highly controversial overtake - indirectly requested by the team - involving Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa in the German Grand Prix.

Looks like the drama will continue! :lol

Lince

Banned
justjohn said:
I'm laughing at your inferiority complex. You always seem to thnk it's the British fans here after alonso when most of them aren't even British.

And what's your problem with Hamilton? :lol

no problem with Hamilton, young, fast, skilled, one of the best things that happened to F1 lately and oh yes, my "inferiority complex" :lol ... oh well, this is ridiculous, I'm off this thread until next race or whatever I agree F1 is a joke hope some penalty is imposed today.

Denying that Rob Smedley's loaded question to Massa was a team order, Domenicali responded to the prospect of a FIA enquiry with the declaration "we are totally open to that."

Smedley was also adament that Alonso won't receive any penalties, saying Massa slowed down because of a problem with his gears.

"I don't expect any penalties whatsoever because Alonso was just faster and Massa made a small mistake when shifting up three gears at once," he told Germany's Sky Sports.

oh yeah right, experienced driver shifting 3 gears at once right!!!! F1 :lol :lol :lol

itsgreen

kikanny said:

Yeah laughed at his comment on the BBC. In could only think: "yeah but you change wings between your drivers to give them an advantage."

Anyhow, the blatent disrespect for the rules is incredible at Ferrari. They were the sole reason for this rule. And now they broke it so obviously. And they fucking know it. Punish them, punish them hard.

Does anybody know if lying to stewards is allowed, or is there some huge punishment possible if they lie. Because we already saw Massa's head mechanic flatout lie on TV. No doubt they will do it at the stewards.

duckroll

itsgreen said:
Does anybody know if lying to stewards is allowed, or is there some huge punishment possible if they lie. Because we already saw Massa's head mechanic flatout lie on TV. No doubt they will do it at the stewards.

It's an offense. Remember what happened with Hamilton at Australia?

itsgreen

duckroll said:
It's an offense. Remember what happened with Hamilton at Australia?

Totally forgot that :) good.

Well if nothing happens, we might have ourselfs another renault-singapore gate in a few years. Or atleast Massa will know he will be settled either at Ferrari or with a huge bag of money to pay him off.

kikanny

Courtesy of Autosport

RedBullF1Spy: "Fernando asked in the press conference if this win ranks up there with his victory at Singapore in 2008. Ouch!"

:lol

itsgreen

kikanny said:
Courtesy of Autosport

RedBullF1Spy: "Fernando asked in the press conference if this win ranks up there with his victory at Singapore in 2008. Ouch!"

:lol

Oh my god, that is so full of win. The person who asked that is king.

Ghost said:
They cant get punished, all they said was "he's faster than you".
That's obvious, it'll be Alonso as usual to get punished.

Ferrari and Domenicali getting congratulated for running a team so well. May as well give them the chance to have a 3rd car exclusively, they excel at running a 2-man-team successfully, they deserve to test themselves on a 3-man one, icing of the cake if its Rossi!

John_B

It will suck for Hamilton if Vettel is granted the victory. Today he only lost 3 points to Vettel, but that could jump to 7 if the result is altered.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
S. L. said:
the intend behind those words was clear.

You can't prove intent though. The rule is ridiculous.

All Massa has to say is that it was his decision, which is exactly what he has said.

Juicy Bob

Ghost said:

The rule should never have been introduced. I still argue that it was completely unecessesary for Ferrari to do what they did, but the rule needs to go to prevent teams having to pussyfoot around the regulations when a situation arises when team-orders are justified.

Britprog

John_B said:
It will suck for Hamilton if Vettel is granted the victory. Today he only lost 3 points to Vettel, but that could jump to 7 if the result is altered.

QFT

I wanna hear Whitmarsh's comments on this!!!

scarybore

kikanny said:
Courtesy of Autosport

:lol I would love to see Alonso's face after that question.

Pretty much, the rule is nearly impossible to enforce and has changed nothing.

Anyone complaining about team orders are either naive or have not been watching F1 long enough. Formula One is a team sport, Alonso and Massa work for Ferrari not the other way around. Each race they have to aim to improve their position in both Championships in the best possible way and clearly Fernando has been faster all year and is 21 points in front, it is quite right that Ferrari let him past Massa. This happens every year even after the rule change, the only difference this time is that it was done when both drivers were at the front and not lower down the field.

Anyway it was an awesome result this weekend and Budapest is another track Ferrari should do well at Budapest so the Championship is back on!

duckroll

Ghost said:

All Massa has to say is that it was his decision, which is exactly what he has said.

No, not really. You can prove intent through collaborative evidence. If there was no intention to tell Massa to let Alonso pass, there would be no need to apologize to him right after he did it. It also makes no sense to say he is magnanimous, if it was indeed a mistake which allowed Alonso to pass him as they are claiming now. The lies are just building more and more, and it's all going to collapse on them.

kikanny

duckroll said:
No, not really. You can prove intent through collaborative evidence. If there was no intention to tell Massa to let Alonso pass, there would be no need to apologize to him right after he did it. It also makes no sense to say he is magnanimous, if it was indeed a mistake which allowed Alonso to pass him as they are claiming now. The lies are just building more and more, and it's all going to collapse on them.
I fucking hope so. Felipe needs to get out of that team ASAP.

Britprog said:
It looks like Ferrari are gonna get away with it, as there is no concrete evidence!!

As they should, people should not be questioning Ferrari but asking why team orders are not allowed.

They are a legitimate part of Formula One and should be made legal.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
duckroll said:

It was only Alonso that thought it might be a mistake, Massa has come out and said it was his decision. So theres no physical evidence to expose the lies.

kikanny

Our @leemckenzief1 asks Massa what would have changed if he had won the race. He says - "I would have been happy" - and walks away

-BBC

Felipe deserves so much more. What a classy guy.

Britprog said:
It looks like Ferrari are gonna get away with it, as there is no concrete evidence!!
Alonso won't though. They'll find something.

38845418036179572186696.jpg

See? Running off-track putting precious ads in danger, disqualified!

Timbuktu

It is an image things. I don't think the general public think of f1 as a team sport. I mean, the driver's championship is valued a lot more than the constrictors and it's the individual champions that are remembered

itsgreen

anonnumber6 said:
As they should, people should not be questioning Ferrari but asking why team orders are not allowed.

They are a legitimate part of Formula One and should be made legal.

Because it won't be the best man winning. It sucks if you paid 700$ for a ticket, and some crying spaniard demands he wins this, because his contract says he can. Even though he isn't faster.

Britprog

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Alonso won't though. They'll find something.

38845418036179572186696.jpg

See? Running off-track putting precious ads in danger, disqualified!

Vettel needs to sort his starts, if they crashed if would have been a nasty pile up!!!

Timbuktu said:
It is an image things. I don't think the general public think of f1 as a team sport. I mean, the driver's championship is valued a lot more than the constrictors and it's the individual champions that are remembered

But it is a a team sport, many people care about Ferrari as a team and a lot of Ferrari fans couldn't care less if it is Alonso or Massa with more points. In a team sport the people working for the team must work for what is best for the team and team orders should be allowed in a team sport.

itsgreen said:
Because it won't be the best man winning. It sucks if you paid 700$ for a ticket, and some crying spaniard demands he wins this, because his contract says he can. Even though he isn't faster.

The season isn't one race long; fans know that this is the mid-point of the season and over the last eight races Alonso has been faster and Ferrari,more than any team, know they have to win a championship. Anyway a race is always won by who is the fastest, it is won by whoever plays the cards they are dealt the best and today Alonso was in the best situation, if Massa was 21 points in front of Alonso then Ferrari would have asked Alonso to help Massa.

Massa

anonnumber6 said:
But it is a a team sport, many people care about Ferrari as a team and a lot of Ferrari fans couldn't care less if it is Alonso or Massa with more points. In a team sport the people working for the team must work for what is best for the team and team orders should be allowed in a team sport.

It's a commercial sport that needs an audience in order to have sponsors in order to exist.

The rule is clear whether you like it or agree with it doesn't really change that.

Pimpwerx

I don't care to see a penalty, really. I think it would be justified, and absolutely hilarious, but I understand there's precedent here. What the FIA should do it ditch the stupid ban. It never stopped team orders, just made them more sneaky. PEACE.

itsgreen

Pimpwerx said:
I don't care to see a penalty, really. I think it would be justified, and absolutely hilarious, but I understand there's precedent here. What the FIA should do it ditch the stupid ban. It never stopped team orders, just made them more sneaky. PEACE.

It's sort of like the meat on your plate. You don't want to see how it is made... but you want to eat it.

If I don't know there are teamorders it is ok. If they so obvious say "yeah Massa move out of the way even though you are not slower" it sucks.

Especially when it is not really needed at this point, those extra points...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom