• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
^^^
couldn't agree more

S. L. said:
Vettel was too soft hearted and made a too large gap for Webber during the SC.
Cost him the race
yeah, he lost not one, but two places for that 'stunt'

How are the standings now? Well, RBR and Ferrari are on the hunt, Team UK is struggling, so we can expect interesting season after summer break.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
S. L. said:
Vettel was too soft hearted and made a too large gap for Webber during the SC.
Cost him the race
The replay that was shown as evidence was not of the end of that lap when Vettel let Webber have a gap, but the start/finish lap of the lap earlier on where he was nowhere near Webber coming up to the first corner.

A bit of a strange issue to get a penalty over, but the rules are there. Vettel will be no less pissed off though. Still, the fact that he couldn't overtake in a vastly superior car is still frustrating. Webber thoroughly deserved the win though, great drive from start to finish.

santi_yo said:
LOL at Vettel arguing with the wrong FIA man :lol
I think he wants to punch the nearest guy with an FIA badge.

avaya

Stop It said:
And drivers trying to take over drivers out has no place in F1 in the 21st century.

That move was reckless, dangerous and stupid, and if you applaud such measure you are truly not a true Formula 1 fan, but a complete and utter fucking idiot.

Formula 1 is meant to be a showcase of the best drivers and cars in the world, not the most dangerously stupid, Barrichello had every right to be furious and Schumacher needs to remember that playing dirty is not the same as playing hard.

You really have no fucking idea what F1 was and is.

The best of the fucking best were always hard AND dirty bastards. They closed the door very late, weaving, before it's silly ban, was natural and accepted. Senna would always put himself in a position to have an accident. What we saw today was a mere fraction of what it used to be like. When races were fucking great. The best drivers in the world do not need to be molly-coddled.

avaya

Jinjo said:
If not putting other drivers' lives at stake in an effort to defend a position is "overtaking pussification" I'll gladly accept it.

Then they might as well never drive the car. Ever.

scarybore

Congrats to Webber, superb drive. Has the added bonus of us not being subjected to Vettels finger.

It was a bad race but there was still some entertainment to be found. Fuck knows what was going on in the pits, but Kobayashi made an excellent comeback from the back of the grid and whatever you think of what Shumacher did, Barichello's pass was brilliant considering.

Britprog

New trophies are shit, last years where much classier

grand-prix-trophy.jpg

derFeef

avaya said:

The best of the fucking best were always hard AND dirty bastards. They closed the door very late, weaving, before it's silly ban, was natural and accepted. Senna would always put himself in a position to have an accident. What we saw today was a mere fraction of what it used to be like. When races were fucking great. The best drivers in the world do not need to be molly-coddled.
Nothing wrong with putting yourself into a dangerous position. But pressing someone into a wall is a bit questionable.

Blablurn said:
what an ugly cup :lol
Because your favo driver did not win, eh...

megateto

Barrichello being really harsh on Michael on Spanish television: crazy, he could have stayed at home after three years for this kind of comeback...

avaya

derFeef said:
Nothing wrong with putting yourself into a dangerous position. But pressing someone into a wall is a bit questionable.

Well he didn't have him in the wall did he? Like someone already said the old MS would have had Rubens straight into the wall. He has clearly lost his way.

Stop It

avaya said:

Sorry, but is no longer what F1 should be, Senna was a great driver (Probably the most talented driver to step into the cockpit) but he got away with shit that frankly, should have no place in a racing series.

Celebrating dirty, cheating behaviour is not what being an F1 fan should be, and if you like seeing drivers try to take each other out then maybe you're watching the sport for completely the wrong reasons.

The best drivers in the world should not be put in a position where their lives and careers are possibly put on the line thanks to a lunatic who doesn't know where the brake pedal is, or that thinks the walls are legitimate blocking instruments.

Cerebral Assassin said:
So "true" F1 fans shouldn't have applauded Senna?
Senna was one of the best drivers of all time and should be celebrated for his talent. But when he pulled shit like Suzuka 1990, no that should not be celebrated.

derFeef

avaya said:
Well he didn't have him in the wall did he? Like someone already said the old MS would have had Rubens straight into the wall. He has clearly lost his way.
Yep, such a shame there was no accident.
santi_yo said:
Barrichelo just called Schumacher crazy.
I would call him much worse.

Kobayashi, Barichello and Massa owning; Schumi and Hamilton getting owned; Underdogs Lotus, Virgin and HRT completing the race = Best race ever!

Questions since I was watching it on TV and they go on commercial breaks on the worst time possible (all questions are most likely interlinked):

1. Why was the Safety car out?
2. Why was Vettel pissed?
3. How the fuck did Vettel lose his position?

avaya

megateto said:
Barrichello being really harsh on Michael on Spanish television: crazy, he could have stayed at home after three years for this kind of comeback...

:lol Rubens is such a little baby.

Having said that Rubens is right, Michael shouldn't have comeback, clearly he is too old and with no testing he can't really get himself back into the groove. Getting beaten by Britney is embarrassing.

S. L.

shagg_187 said:
Questions since I was watching it on TV and they go on commercial breaks on the worst time possible (all most likely are interlinked):

Saftycar was out because there was a piece of Liuzzi's front wing on the straight.
Vettel was pissed because of his drive trough penalty

Jinjo

shagg_187 said:
Kobayashi, Barichello and Massa owning; Schumi and Hamilton getting owned; Underdogs Lotus, Virgin and HRT completing the race = Best race ever!

Questions since I was watching it on TV and they go on commercial breaks on the worst time possible (all most likely are interlinked):

1. Piece of carbon fiber from Force India wing on track.
2. Got a drivethrough for exceeding 10 car lengths from the safety car.
3. Said drivethrough.

avaya

Stop It said:
Sorry, but is no longer what F1 should be, Senna was a great driver (Probably the most talented driver to step into the cockpit) but he got away with shit that frankly, should have no place in a racing series.

Celebrating dirty, cheating behaviour is not what being an F1 fan should be, and if you like seeing drivers try to take each other out then maybe you're watching the sport for completely the wrong reasons.

The best drivers in the world should not be put in a position where their lives and careers are possibly put on the line thanks to a lunatic who doesn't know where the brake pedal is, or that thinks the walls are legitimate blocking instruments.

Senna was one of the best drivers of all time and should be celebrated for his talent. But when he pulled shit like Suzuka 1990, no that should not be celebrated.

Unicorns and fairies everyone. We should all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

This shit is not fucking cricket.

F1 is a corporatist, elitist dick waving contest. Nothing more nothing less. I wouldn't call it a sport, because it never was a sport. It was just survival of the fittest and everyone is a backstabbing bastard.

I'm not saying these moves should be celebrated. If you're the other party to it you have every right to be fucked off. It's just great fucking entertainment. Safety aspect is well overblown.

Juicy Bob

avaya said:
I'm not saying these moves should be celebrated. If you're the other party to it you have every right to be fucked off. It's just great fucking entertainment. Safety aspect is well overblown.

No.

derFeef

avaya said:

F1 is a corporatist, elitist dick waving contest. Nothing more nothing less. I wouldn't call it a sport, because it never was a sport. It was just survival of the fittest and everyone is a backstabbing bastard.

:lol "I want to see people die!"

Shaneus

Entertainment is watching Alonso and Vettel going at it for half the race. Entertainment is not watching one guy almost run another into a wall. Massive fucking difference.

avaya

Shaneus said:
Entertainment is watching Alonso and Vettel going at it for half the race. Entertainment is not watching one guy almost run another into a wall. Massive fucking difference.

Yeah that was great entertainment. Almost as good as watching paint dry.

Jinjo

Woah, wtf? :lol "Certain drivers have certain views. And there's Rubens."

Don't worry Rubinho, we got your back.

Stop It

avaya said:

:lol :lol

It's easy to disregard safety when you're not driving, but I must say that you seem to think that there's no difference between driving hard and driving dangerously. I want to see good, hard, wheel to wheel racing, I don't want to see drivers try to use the barriers as a method of defence, however.

avaya said:
Yeah that was great entertainment. Almost as good as watching paint dry.
Then don't watch, stop trying to encourage shit that has no place in the sport. I thought you were more than just a crash hungry idiot, I guess I was sorely mistaken.

avaya said:
That was fucking brilliant from MS. Never change. Never change :lol

avaya said:

<3

Stop It

kharma45 said:
Just saw a great Tweet
:lol :lol

http://twitter.com/MikeGascoyne <- (Btw I like following the smaller teams on twitter)
"Have to say michaels move against the williams was way to much, the stewards must act"
Fancy calling one of the most respected figures in F1 wrong avaya? Feel free to tweet him saying that you want to see "entertainment".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom