• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Chopper

Arren said:
By the way, NoE was very lazy in providing adequate information for the matter.

As far as I know, they didn't even setup that promised website to test if you qualified for the program, didn't they?
To be honest, if I wasn't a Gaf member, I'm not sure I'd have any idea about free games!

Nintendo (uk) repaired my 3DS screen then sent the 3DS back to me with an eshop error not letting me log on,

I had to send it back in for repair,

I waited 6 weeks for it to be fixed this time and missed out on registering for the ambassador program but was told it would still be possible to get the games.

Nintendo are now telling me that there is a problem with the ambassador program and that I will not get the games until it is fixed,

they say they will contact me in a few days...

beje

Banned
Arren said:
By the way, NoE was very lazy in providing adequate information for the matter.

As far as I know, they didn't even setup that promised website to test if you qualified for the program, didn't they?

Nope, not even that.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Takao said:
Where's this "Ambassador Certificate" video I read about here? Maybe I need to watch that thing to gain access?
It's essentially a program that exists for the sake of letting you allow Spotpass updates for the Ambassador Program. It's not required for the downloads, and is less a "video" and more "scrolling text in multiple languages telling you to press a button to activate Spotpass Alerts."

It does have a faux certificate look though, if you want to show it off to non-Ambassadors.

Chopper

Midnight Believer said:
Nintendo (uk) repaired my 3DS screen then sent the 3DS back to me with an eshop error not letting me log on,

I had to send it back in for repair,

I waited 6 weeks for it to be fixed this time and missed out on registering for the ambassador program but was told it would still be possible to get the games.

Nintendo are now telling me that there is a problem with the ambassador program and that I will not get the games until it is fixed,

they say they will contact me in a few days...
Holy shit, that sucks man. I can't believe they continue to get it so wrong, time after time...

Arren

Chopper said:
To be honest, if I wasn't a Gaf member, I'm not sure I'd have any idea about free games!

Yeah, the fact that their main website is a completely unintuitive and disorganised mess doesn't help either. :(

Javier

They probably are activating them by state. What state are you downloaders in? (Have mine set to California and nothing yet, unless Nintendo decided to be assholes and IP block this shit).

Inferno313 said:
You looked all the way through the "Your Downloads" screen? Because they're below everything else on there. For me.

Same here. I had two pages of stuff and they were all on the bottom of the second.

Javier said:
They probably are activating them by state. What state are you downloaders in? (Have mine set to California and nothing yet, unless Nintendo decided to be assholes and IP block this shit).

Changed my ZIP to NY and games are still not showing up (someone earlier said he's in NY and got the games).

qq more

Why are the games fuzzy? Is there a way to make it 1:1? I tried holding Start or Select before starting but it didn't work. Please tell me they'll add that in the final version.

qq more said:
Why are the games fuzzy? Is there a way to make it 1:1? I tried holding Start or Select before starting but it didn't work. Please tell me they'll add that in the final version.

The fuck? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE if true.

Are they supposed to show up under "Account Activity" or "Your Downloads? Or both?

Well, I'm working right now, so it's pointless to get anxious about when the games will be available in Spain.

I hope they're up by the time I get home.

Jetku

Putting them up early was smart. It let's the hardcore find out about them and word of mouth spread. Then when the promised launch day hits, their servers won't be as inundated with downloads all at once.

grumpy

Jetku said:
Putting them up early was smart. It let's the hardcore find out about them and word of mouth spread. Then when the promised launch day hits, their servers won't be as inundated with downloads all at once.

Dude, it's Nintendo. It was probably a fuckup.

Javier

I'm in Chile and have my 3DS set to California, USA. The games just showed up for me to download.

No IP locking on this confirmed. FUCK YEAH.

Arren

jufonuk said:
NoE trolling us???
What could you expect? NoE didn't even update the list of NES games available for the program. Their site still mentions only the first 5 titles that were announced at the beginning.

It's weird, sometimes seems like they don't care in the slightest.

mclem

Billychu said:
But...I don't like Zelda 2.

I remember liking it a lot more after I got the downward stab and then I'd play everything like Mario (Or, I guess as a slightly better parallel, Duck Tales), pogoing off all the enemies.

DLing now. My 3DS is set to California but I live in Japan.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...?menu=about&submenu=ctr-gi-amb-download-games

Information:

From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon.
Scroll left and select "Settings / Other."

Games_step_1.png

Scroll down and select "Account Activity" to view a list of transactions.

Games_step_2.png

The NES game will be listed here once it is available to download. Tap "Software Info," and then "Redownload" to begin the download process.

Games_step_3.png

Games_step_4.png

The Ambassador Certificate: This certificate can be used to receive updates regarding the Ambassador Program, such as when new titles are available to download. For more information, click here.

Takao

Banned
Arren said:
What could you expect? NoE didn't even update the list of NES games available for the program. Their site still mentions only the first 5 titles that were announced at the beginning.

It's weird, sometimes seems like they don't care in the slightest.

They're too busy localizing games to update the site.

Woffls

Yeah, nothing in the UK so far then? Have they even confirmed the European titles? I'm fairly sure they missed out the confirmation lark as well :\

I will just sit here at work patiently loading the eShop every now and then until it works. Not that I can play any of them until I get home but y'know...

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
qq more said:
I've only tried Zelda so far but it looks crystal clear to me. It should be 1:1 since NES games ran at 256 x 240 and the 3DS screen is 400 x 240. Same vertical resolution so no need for scaling.

Top Bottom