• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

GG man. Apparently I don't know how to cover yours either lol. Can't believe I let you tie it up late in the 4th on the Pantages TD.

Yeah i got lucky. Had a play drawn up that was going to take a while to develop and i actually had the time to throw for once.

Seriously though how are they always open? I played a several different man and zone coverages and nothing worked. One of them was always open. It felt like at any point during the game you could goto them and pick up the needed yards :/

Even with a completely bullshit pick 6 I couldn't win.

5-3 to 5-7 fml

EDIT---

agreed.

Nightz

Seriously though how are they always open? I played a several different man and zone coverages and nothing worked. One of them was always open. It felt like at any point during the game you could goto them and pick up the needed yards :/

My TE's are receiving tight ends so they can get some good separation from LB's. When I send 2 or 3 of them out one of them usually gets open so I just pick my poison. It was a lot harder earlier this season because Rors knocked Gates out for a few weeks, then my next game with him Gates came back, but he knocked Lonas (my first round pick last draft) out for a couple of weeks. I don't think I had Lonas in my first game with you. I'm just now getting to enjoy using them both together.

My TE's are receiving tight ends so they can get some good separation from LB's. When I send 2 or 3 of them out one of them usually gets open so I just pick my poison. It was a lot harder earlier this season because Rors knocked Gates out for a few weeks, then my next game with him Gates came back, but he knocked Lonas (my first round pick last draft) out for a couple of weeks. I don't think I had Lonas in my first game with you. I'm just now getting to enjoy using them both together.

I think its a really bad matchup for my LB's as well. They aren't particularly awesome at man or zone so gates/lonas just abuse them. I'll have to figure something out

LukeSmith

Motioning wide receivers and snapping before they are set is still some sharkwaters shit.

Don't do it.

GG Smokey, you're a cheesy fucker though

Sokantish

Bob has got to be the luckiest person I have ever played against

Nevermind, no he isn't. Poor Bob :(

GG Bob, apparently I'm the luckiest person. That was a really close one

LukeSmith

Bob and Soka aren't done yet so I'm not vancing, if they finish up CB can move it forward, I somehow doubt that game is getting simmed

Smokey

Motioning wide receivers and snapping before they are set is still some sharkwaters shit.

Don't do it.

GG Smokey, you're a cheesy fucker though

yeah i didn't do this but ok.

there are plays where a receiver will move in motion and the qb will auto hike. that's not cheesey and i will keep using them. I've always used them.

Whenever i motioned manually i waited until dudes were set before hiking the ball. ive never hiked the ball in on a manual motion because ive asked this plenty of times and you said it wasn't ok to do. so i don't do it.

but im cool with being called a cheeser if that makes you feel better.

Sokantish

I didn't know we weren't allowed to motion the RB, I won't do it anymore. Also I'm not going to throw it on the side your defender is on, I realize you would have preferred that but that's not gonna happen.

Birdman02

CB, I'm here if you wanna play now.

I didn't know we weren't allowed to motion the RB, I won't do it anymore. Also I'm not going to throw it on the side your defender is on, I realize you would have preferred that but that's not gonna happen.

Wait, what? We can't motion the RB out of the backfield? How am I supposed to pass to Sproles outside of screens and angle routes?

Mrbob

That's the thing. The motion breaks the game and gets your receiver open. How do you think he got so wide open on 3 straight pass plays?

Doesn't matter anymore. It is what it is.

it's not against the rules. i'm not sure how motioning "breaks coverage" anymore when you send him out of the backfield.

i had a couple times against CB where i looked at the playart i was bowman and my assignment was covering mccoy (man to man). then at the snap, i went to follow mccoy (who was going to the right in a pattern) and celek was coming across on a drag route. well, at some point willis decided to now cover mccoy. so celek was literally wide open.

there was no motioning done on this play, just the game being retarded in man coverage sometimes. there are no rules against motioning. if it is something that breaks the logic then we'll have to look at it but i see logic in the game being "broken" on non-motion plays too

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
it's not against the rules. i'm not sure how motioning "breaks coverage" anymore when you send him out of the backfield.

i had a couple times against CB where i looked at the playart i was bowman and my assignment was covering mccoy (man to man). then at the snap, i went to follow mccoy (who was going to the right in a pattern) and celek was coming across on a drag route. well, at some point willis decided to now cover mccoy. so celek was literally wide open.

there was no motioning done on this play, just the game being retarded in man coverage sometimes. there are no rules against motioning. if it is something that breaks the logic then we'll have to look at it but i see logic in the game being "broken" on non-motion plays too

Coverages on TE/Running backs always get fucked in man with linebackers if you are usering. So when I know that's a possibility I let the AI control for like the first second and use that to figure out who I cover

Birdman02

Yeah, the man coverage logic is pretty dumb at times. It's annoying when I'm controlling Vilma in what's supposed to be a spy assignment, then at the snap the game decides he should be covering someone and Lofton should be the spy.

Coverages on TE/Running backs always get fucked in man with linebackers if you are usering. So when I know that's a possibility I let the AI control for like the first second and use that to figure out who I cover

i know, i wasn't complaining about it or saying its cheap. i mean this stuff actually happens in real life! take a look at the superbowl on a big 3rd down culliver and rogers both went to cover torry smith and left bolden wide open -_-

bob says that its verified manually motioning breaks coverage so ill have to do some research and see

Mrbob

Don't want to give this too much pub. I actually don't run motion plays because of this. But if you put a guy in motion he'll get inside leverage on pass plays.

Top Bottom