• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My stupid Xbox controller keeps shutting off on me, I've switched batteries various times too. Has anyone had this problem? That's why I had to pause Ez, luckily I had just taken out a set of batteries for flashlights and shit.

so fucking stupid that rayman legends got delayed on wiiU even though the game is done! i would have bought it day 1 no questions asked.

i'll still buy it day 1 no questions asked but now they'll have to wait till september to get my money!

and as i look at the upcoming release schedule for wiiU, i have to wonder when the next wiiU game i will purchase will be. maybe monster hunter in march? there is literally 1 game coming out for wiiU this month. lol wtf kind of lineup is this

My stupid Xbox controller keeps shutting off on me, I've switched batteries various times too. Has anyone had this problem? That's why I had to pause Ez, luckily I had just taken out a set of batteries for flashlights and shit.

Yup happens to me too. I never know if my batteries are really dead or not.

Are you saying you cant get it to work at all? That doesn't happen. Mine just shuts off sometimes and I'll turn it back on and still get hours out of the controller.

GG GCQ...

Did just enough to eek it out. Got so lucky on that deep pass in the 4th. I should have gotten rid of the ball sooner as he was wide open but by the time i found it and got the ball there you had a guy right on top of him. Got bailed out with the catch.

Made a silly mistake to start the 2nd. I felt you were going to go PA right there so i told my guys to play the pass but they still bit and got burned :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yup happens to me too. I never know if my batteries are really dead or not.

Are you saying you cant get it to work at all? That doesn't happen. Mine just shuts off sometimes and I'll turn it back on and still get hours out of the controller.
It shut off about 5 times in my game with Ez tonight. Pain in the balls.

bluemax

Banned
so fucking stupid that rayman legends got delayed on wiiU even though the game is done! i would have bought it day 1 no questions asked.

i'll still buy it day 1 no questions asked but now they'll have to wait till september to get my money!

and as i look at the upcoming release schedule for wiiU, i have to wonder when the next wiiU game i will purchase will be. maybe monster hunter in march? there is literally 1 game coming out for wiiU this month. lol wtf kind of lineup is this

Console launch lineups are generally pretty shitty. Its takes a year, to a year and a half before software starts flowing.

BigAT

I've avoided that thread as it seems ripe for console fanboyism, but have they given an actual reason for the delay? Even if they want to hold it back to release simultaneously with the 360/PS3 versions, I can't imagine it would take that long to port it. I'm just glad I won't have to buy a WiiU now to play it.

bluemax

Banned
AFC Playoff Standings
1. Colts 10-2 4 games remaining
3. Raiders 10-3 3 games remaining
2. Bills 9-3 4 games remaining
4. Bengals 9-4 3 games remaining
5. Texans 10-3 3 games remaining
6. Dolphins 9-4 3 games remaining
7. Broncos 7-5 4 games remaining 1.5 GB
8. Stealers 6-5-1 4 games remaining 2.5 GB

NFC Playoff Standings
1. 49ers 11-2 3 games remaining
2. Eagles 10-3 3 games remaining
3. Saints 10-3 3 games remaining
4. Bears 8-5 3 games remaining
5. Giants 10-3 3 games remaining
6. Seahawks 8-5 3 games remaining
7. Buccaneers 7-5 4 games remaining 1 GB (Seattle has h2h tie breaker)
8. Vikings 7-5 4 games remaining 1 GB

Losing to the Cardinals means I now have to win 2 of my final 3 to assure myself of a playoff spot. Or hope Sokuntish and DM lose 2+

Sokantish

Losing to the Cardinals means I now have to win 2 of my final 3 to assure myself of a playoff spot. Or hope Sokuntish and DM lose 2+

I almost had Luke but my xbox live just decided to disconnect with like 40 seconds left in the third with me up by 20. Hopefully I can repeat whatever I did when we play again.

We're going to play Saturday morning. The vance is Saturday night, right?

Eagles are #3 seed. Vikings would be division winners if the tue the bears. Bears have tie breaker over Seahawks so you need to win out and hope the bears/vikes lose

bluemax

Banned
Eagles are #3 seed. Vikings would be division winners if the tue the bears. Bears have tie breaker over Seahawks so you need to win out and hope the bears/vikes lose

I basically need Boobs to win out. I have the Vikings before the end of the season so if I win that I can get the tie breaker.

I didn't really update the NFC seeds because I'm too tired to figure out the tie breakers right now.

I basically need Boobs to win out. I have the Vikings before the end of the season so if I win that I can get the tie breaker.

I didn't really update the NFC seeds because I'm too tired to figure out the tie breakers right now.

Don't forget sweet revenge in the final week of the season!

bluemax

Banned
And now for some research:

Round 1
*3 Treon Patrick Browns 58 rec 1173 yards 8 td
*7 Bryant Ford Panthers 54 rec 1382 yards 18 TD
*11 Corion Stephens 94 rec 1211 11 TD
*17 Jonathan Miller Buccaneers 58 rec 953 yards 5 TD
*18 Ben Phillips Dolphins 24 rec 337 yards 2 TD
*21 Xavier Waters Rams 50 rec 614 yards 5 TD
*32 Joshuan Newson 49ers 46 rec 817 yards 13 TD

Round 2
10 Dixon Pierce Eagles 23 rec 376 yards 3 TD
*15 Antwan Barr Lions 61 rec 991 yards 9 TD
*17 Corey Henderson Buccaneers 48 rec 824 7 TD
27 Derrick Brailsford Broncos 27 rec 613 yards 7 TD
*28 William Mumphrey Raiders 0 rec 0 yards 0 TD
29 Craig Ogletree Texans 22 rec 408 yards 6 TD

Round 3
31 Dextrell Bashum Bills 24 rec 500 yards 6 TD

Round 4

Round 5
6 Larry Cooksey Ravens 3 rec 117 yards 1 TD
10 Kody Thompson Redskins 35 rec 558 1 TD
11 Kenny Timm Seahawks 124 rec 2553 15 TD
12 Kenneth Welsh 49ers 2 rec 18 yards 0 TD
31 Octivious Smith Bills 0 rec 0 yards 0 TD

Round 6
22 Yakov Brown Saints 25 rec 398 yards 22 TD

Round 7
4 Deangelo Montgomery Cowboys 24 rec 267 yards 2 TD
5 Rodney Smith Patriots 4 rec 57 yards 1 TD
7 Farrington Ruel Redskins 5 rec 123 yards 0 TD
21 Andrew Apo Rams 20 rec 331 yards 3 TD

UDFA
Trey Glass Broncos 85 rec 1880 yards 19 TD
Maurice Leopard Rams 134 rec 2839 yards 30 TD
Darian Alberry Falcons 14 rec 197 yards 1 TD

*="Spreadsheet" guy

I was thinking about this the other night and decided to do some research, obviously the stats aren't 100% equal sample sizes as some dudes teams haven't played as many games so if people want I can rerun this at the end of the season.

A whopping 7 WR were taken in the first round. Every single one of them is on the dreaded/fabled spread sheet. 4 of the 5 most productive WRs from the first draft were the first 4 WR off the board, Treon Patrick has been injured a bunch but still managed some pretty good numbers. Ben Phillips for whatever reason has had less passes thrown his way than any other first round WR from that first draft.

The second rounders don't look that terrible either, with the exception of William Mumphrey who has yet to catch a pass in Oakland. For the record, I actually predicted Mumphrey would win AFC OROTY!

Things are uninteresting until we hit the 5th round where Kenny Timm was picked. 138 players were picked before Kenny Timm, including 16 other Wide Receivers. He has 30 more catches than the next closest guy from the same draft and nearly double the receiving yards of the next closest guy.

Of course for as ridiculous as Kenny Timm has been we have the UDFAs where Trey Glass and Maurice Leopard reside. Leopard has an obscene 30 TDs and nearly 3000 yards receiving since entering the league, and oh yeah he was the third receiver picked up by the Rams.

While the "spreadsheet" has received a lot of flack for potentially upsetting the balance of the draft (and admittedly not undeservedly so) it seems like EA kind of fucked things up by putting super rookies in the UDFA pool. I was gonna do a comparison between Leopards initial ratings and Treon Patricks but sadly the spreadsheet isn't actually a spreadsheet so I have no idea what Treon Patrick's initial ratings looked like.

What I can offer is this:

Initial ratings:
UDFA Maurice Leopard - 87 CTH, 76 CIT, 89 SPC, 85 RLS, 81 RTE, 98 SPD
5th Kenny Timm 86 CTH 70 CIT 85 SPC 80 RLS 67 RTE 99 SPD 97 JMP 23 AWR

Current ratings:
1st Treon Patrick 83 CTH 70 CIT 88 SPC 77 RLS 87 RTE 97 SPD 89 JMP
UDFA Gary Hagan 83 CTH 81 CIT 90 SPC 83 RLS 81 RTE 99 SPD 89 JMP

Even after almost 2 full seasons of development, Treon Patrick is still worse than Maurice Leopard was as a rookie in almost every category and not really better than Gary Hagan an UDFA from this past off season.

And if you want to feel really sick:
Maurice Leopard 87 CTH 88 CIT 89 SPC 89 RTE 90 RLS 98 SPD 90 JMP
Kenny Timm 86 CTH 82 CIT 85 SPC 88 RLS 83 RTE 99 SPD 97 JMP
Trey Glass 6 CTH 84 CIT 69 SPC 75 RLS 90 RTE 99 SPD 82 JMP

That's the current ratings for Timm and Leopard both of whom pretty much destroy Treon Patrick in every category.

Now, I feel Timm is one thing because he was at least in the draft and everyone had an equal chance to scout him and draft him. But its absolutely stupid that guys like Hagan and Leopard exist.

Anywho, overall point wasn't really about the "spreadsheet" but more so to show guys like Leopard, Hagan and Glass are really the bigger bullshit and its too bad EA Sports is in Austin so that I won't be there to fix this shit for them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I didn't realize Leopard's career stats. I haven't even been using him all that much this year. He got like 30k XP at the end of last year due to 80 receptions, pro bowl, and best WR, it was awesome.

Birdman02

And now for some research:

Round 1
*3 Treon Patrick Browns 58 rec 1173 yards 8 td
*7 Bryant Ford Panthers 54 rec 1382 yards 18 TD
*11 Corion Stephens 94 rec 1211 11 TD
*17 Jonathan Miller Buccaneers 58 rec 953 yards 5 TD
*18 Ben Phillips Dolphins 24 rec 337 yards 2 TD
*21 Xavier Waters Rams 50 rec 614 yards 5 TD
*32 Joshuan Newson 49ers 46 rec 817 yards 13 TD

Round 2
10 Dixon Pierce Eagles 23 rec 376 yards 3 TD
*15 Antwan Barr Lions 61 rec 991 yards 9 TD
*17 Corey Henderson Buccaneers 48 rec 824 7 TD
27 Derrick Brailsford Broncos 27 rec 613 yards 7 TD
*28 William Mumphrey Raiders 0 rec 0 yards 0 TD
29 Craig Ogletree Texans 22 rec 408 yards 6 TD

Round 3
31 Dextrell Bashum Bills 24 rec 500 yards 6 TD

Round 4

Round 5
6 Larry Cooksey Ravens 3 rec 117 yards 1 TD
10 Kody Thompson Redskins 35 rec 558 1 TD
11 Kenny Timm Seahawks 124 rec 2553 15 TD
12 Kenneth Welsh 49ers 2 rec 18 yards 0 TD
31 Octivious Smith Bills 0 rec 0 yards 0 TD

Round 6
22 Yakov Brown Saints 25 rec 398 yards 22 TD

Round 7
4 Deangelo Montgomery Cowboys 24 rec 267 yards 2 TD
5 Rodney Smith Patriots 4 rec 57 yards 1 TD
7 Farrington Ruel Redskins 5 rec 123 yards 0 TD
21 Andrew Apo Rams 20 rec 331 yards 3 TD

UDFA
Trey Glass Broncos 85 rec 1880 yards 19 TD
Maurice Leopard Rams 134 rec 2839 yards 30 TD
Darian Alberry Falcons 14 rec 197 yards 1 TD

*="Spreadsheet" guy

I was thinking about this the other night and decided to do some research, obviously the stats aren't 100% equal sample sizes as some dudes teams haven't played as many games so if people want I can rerun this at the end of the season.

A whopping 7 WR were taken in the first round. Every single one of them is on the dreaded/fabled spread sheet. 4 of the 5 most productive WRs from the first draft were the first 4 WR off the board, Treon Patrick has been injured a bunch but still managed some pretty good numbers. Ben Phillips for whatever reason has had less passes thrown his way than any other first round WR from that first draft.

The second rounders don't look that terrible either, with the exception of William Mumphrey who has yet to catch a pass in Oakland. For the record, I actually predicted Mumphrey would win AFC OROTY!

Things are uninteresting until we hit the 5th round where Kenny Timm was picked. 138 players were picked before Kenny Timm, including 16 other Wide Receivers. He has 30 more catches than the next closest guy from the same draft and nearly double the receiving yards of the next closest guy.

Of course for as ridiculous as Kenny Timm has been we have the UDFAs where Trey Glass and Maurice Leopard reside. Leopard has an obscene 30 TDs and nearly 3000 yards receiving since entering the league, and oh yeah he was the third receiver picked up by the Rams.

While the "spreadsheet" has received a lot of flack for potentially upsetting the balance of the draft (and admittedly not undeservedly so) it seems like EA kind of fucked things up by putting super rookies in the UDFA pool. I was gonna do a comparison between Leopards initial ratings and Treon Patricks but sadly the spreadsheet isn't actually a spreadsheet so I have no idea what Treon Patrick's initial ratings looked like.

What I can offer is this:

Initial ratings:
UDFA Maurice Leopard - 87 CTH, 76 CIT, 89 SPC, 85 RLS, 81 RTE, 98 SPD
5th Kenny Timm 86 CTH 70 CIT 85 SPC 80 RLS 67 RTE 99 SPD 97 JMP 23 AWR

Current ratings:
1st Treon Patrick 83 CTH 70 CIT 88 SPC 77 RLS 87 RTE 97 SPD 89 JMP
UDFA Gary Hagan 83 CTH 81 CIT 90 SPC 83 RLS 81 RTE 99 SPD 89 JMP

Even after almost 2 full seasons of development, Treon Patrick is still worse than Maurice Leopard was as a rookie in almost every category and not really better than Gary Hagan an UDFA from this past off season.

And if you want to feel really sick:
Maurice Leopard 87 CTH 88 CIT 89 SPC 89 RTE 90 RLS 98 SPD 90 JMP
Kenny Timm 86 CTH 82 CIT 85 SPC 88 RLS 83 RTE 99 SPD 97 JMP
Trey Glass 6 CTH 84 CIT 69 SPC 75 RLS 90 RTE 99 SPD 82 JMP

That's the current ratings for Timm and Leopard both of whom pretty much destroy Treon Patrick in every category.

Now, I feel Timm is one thing because he was at least in the draft and everyone had an equal chance to scout him and draft him. But its absolutely stupid that guys like Hagan and Leopard exist.

Anywho, overall point wasn't really about the "spreadsheet" but more so to show guys like Leopard, Hagan and Glass are really the bigger bullshit and its too bad EA Sports is in Austin so that I won't be there to fix this shit for them.

I wish Brown had 22 TDs. I'm sure you meant 2...which I think came in his 1st two games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Current ratings:
1st Treon Patrick 83 CTH 70 CIT 88 SPC 77 RLS 87 RTE 97 SPD 89 JMP.
The last receiver picked in that draft btw:

7th Rounder Andrew Apo - 66 OVR, 87 CTH, 72 CIT, 78 SPC, 88 RLS, 82 RTE, 88 SPD

I wanted him in the 5th but kept waiting since I had other needs. He's almost as good as Treon, those are stats from when he was drafted. I forget who I was talking to during the draft but I was shocked he kept falling.

There's very little incentive to invest a high draft pick on a WR.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Tramon Williams > Steve Puma

Tramon was ridiculous against Leopard. I threw to him 5 times and here were the results:

1) Curl with Tramon playing off - Pass deflection that should have been picked by Tramon
2) Outside flag - intercepted by Brodney Pool
3) Slant - Dropped when Tramon hit him right after the catch
4) Go Route - Intercepted by Tramon
5) Out route - 20 yard reception

That was impressive.

I've thrown a hilarious amount of interceptions in the last three games, after bluemax exposed that I was one of the most efficient passers in the league. 14 interceptions in the last 3 games.

lol strange that he was autopiloted even though fully available to play

Oh I thought I played Ram. Splat's game was supposed to be CPU'd (he was going out of town and I couldn't play before he left). Ram had me thinking he was my next opponent.

Who the hell do I play next and what week are we even on....I'm confused now. lol

rinse82

Oh I thought I played Ram. Splat's game was supposed to be CPU'd (he was going out of town and I couldn't play before he left). Ram had me thinking he was my next opponent.

Who the hell do I play next and what week are we even on....I'm confused now. lol

Not sure who you play next but you won't have a game till we vance which will be Saturday/Sunday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I forgot to mention that last night was the first time all season I have had to attempt a field goal within the red zone all year. My kicker is now 2/5 on the season, all 3 misses were attempts above 50 yards.

Nightz

We're on week 14 right now. You play the Ravens (Az) next week.

McNei1y

I forgot to mention that last night was the first time all season I have had to attempt a field goal within the red zone all year. My kicker is now 2/5 on the season, all 3 misses were attempts above 50 yards.

Are you eeyoreing or bragging. I can't tell.

My kicker has a kick power of 97 and in my game against the Fraudyniners, he was short on a 53 yarder with near full power and winds blowing north 12 MPH

??????

McNei1y

My kicker has a kick power of 97 and in my game against the Fraudyniners, he was short on a 53 yarder with near full power and winds blowing north 12 MPH

??????

Two things I'm bringing up...

1. Did you put the accuracy meter all the way down?

2. I heard there was a bug that the wind blows in the opposite direction of whatever the meter is saying.

??????

Remember: the arrows are wrong in game. If you line up for the fg and you see the arrow pointing forward it actually means you're kicking against the wind. You barely missed the fg kicking into 12 mph wind so your kicker is legit!

McNei1y

I hope Blue gets the job. We'll pitch all of the ideas so you can tell the higher ups what to do. I hope you're willing to risk your job for us!

DCX

DCX

??????
Also the kick power was nerfed in our league. There were complaints preseason about average kickers making 50 yarders and elite ones make near 70 yarders.

DCX

Top Bottom