• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Sanjuro

Last year he would slam into Jake Long with a running start everytime I had a PAT. Every PAT came with a penalty I had to decline against him because of it and he wasn't trying to block kicks, he was just slamming into Jake Long. So I just assumed the worst this time when his RE gets a penalty on a PAT.

That is certainly one way to look at it.

I do watch the NFL; funny that you bring up you do too, cause I thought you'd be able to run more than 5 different plays and be able to look past a 2nd receiver on offense

Nobody else in this league plays this game the way you do. Congrats on being the standout you always wanted to be!

I run far more than five different plays. I've also been trying my best to work the hot routes, but I'm simply not as fast as most people on here at getting the play set up.

Trasher

So like I said, I have 40 INTs, but zero FRs though. Last season I had like 11 FRs and I think that was the most. What's different this season? I didn't play against Rors!

Friggin Splat has 42 INTs and 11 FRs!

I run far more than five different plays. I've also been trying my best to work the hot routes, but I'm simply not as fast as most people on here at getting the play set up.

I just feel that when I play with others its a chess match. After a play is over, no matter what happened, we're both thinking about the next move

When I play you you're constantly trying to score via no huddle so that I can't open up my defensive playbook. It doesn't feel like a chess match. It feels like "let me see what happened in coverage the first time so I can exploit the hell out of the next few plays" while my guys are scrambling around getting in position

Especially when you morphed formations twice on one play...it is a lot easier to break defensive coverage unrealistically when people audible around like that. as the defender I'm trying to reassign guys but the offensive player is at a much bigger advantage every time

Sanjuro

And you are the only person in this league who runs it as much as you do (About 75% the time in our game)

We'll leave the facts as is

Again, I'm failing to see the problem. If you think no-huddle should be banned, join a different league. You're trying to get at something, instead you keep using no-huddle like it's a foreign concept.

Mrbob

I actually bought DLC for a Nintendo game. Fire Emblem has a 3 map DLC pack for 4 dollars. Can get some new characters to recruit too.

Portable goty.

Lets all calm down. We're all bros here. Sanjuro is a dependable league player and he is honestly the last guy I would accuse of using exploits or cheats or whatever. Dude takes 50+ point beatings on the regular.

Funny thing is when he actually keeps his wits about him he is a dangerous player but if you can get him frustrated early the wheels come off.... Just like a lot of us :(

I use no huddle if I'm down big in the 3rd and 4th. Not about cheesing anyone but with accel clock it's just impossible to mount a comeback without no huddle

Again, I'm failing to see the problem. If you think no-huddle should be banned, join a different league. You're trying to get at something, instead you keep using no-huddle like it's a foreign concept.

I never said no huddle should be banned. You could also stop pretending like that's how I'm slanting it

But it looks like the consensus is that you can run it as much as you want whenever you want....so with that being said you choose to do that, that's cool! I already acknowledged that's fine. you can stop getting defensive now

if your strategy of fuck ball works for you because you're not capable of playing without the advantages that no huddle brings, then good for you! that's good coaching to coach to one's limitations

What's his record?

Beats me

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I just feel that when I play with others its a chess match. After a play is over, no matter what happened, we're both thinking about the next move

You don't have your defensive audibles setup? Between those custom ones and the four formation based quick audibles you can have a varied no huddle response.

And unless you called a stupid formation in the first place, no huddle doesn't give you any big advantage. Both sides get tired. If pre snap adjustments are not your thing you could always improve that.

Sanjuro

I never said no huddle should be banned. You could also stop pretending like that's how I'm slanting it

But it looks like the consensus is that you can run it as much as you want whenever you want....so with that being said you choose to do that, that's cool! I already acknowledged that's fine. you can stop getting defensive now

if your strategy of fuck ball works for you because you're not capable of playing without the advantages that no huddle brings, then good for you! that's good coaching to coach to one's limitations

This is why you fail.

You don't have your defensive audibles setup? Between those custom onea and thr four formation based quick audibles you can have a varied no huddle response.

I do. I'm just not going to lie when I say it's annoying facing no huddle for all four quarters on every drive even though I'm only up 7.

Ramirez

Ramirez you threw 7 picks against Splat. Were you letting DCX play for you?

UC7XSaQ.jpg

Your WR has 2 steps on the defender? NOPE.

I also watched two DL run stride for stride with Brown/Sanders a good 10-15 yards off the LOS.

Game is fucking stupid.

I've never run no-huddle for the entire duration of all four quarters. Ever.

You ran no huddle after 3/4 of the plays in our game. When you didn't, it was because of an incompletion or TFL

There was the rare play here and there where you gained 2 yards and returned to the playbook. Otherwise you were doing this most of the time the entire game. Again, 64 plays in games like this is not an accident...

You busted out no huddle on your first drive in the first quarter IIRC

Clearly its not an issue anymore but I'm not letting you get away with treating my comments like some exaggeration

Well if it's 3/4 and not 4/4 then just say so.

I never said it was 100%; he's the one saying "I didn't do it 100%!" when I've said the whole time when he ran it

What I said is fact; he ran it all four quarters, all game. doesn't mean he did it 100% after every play cause it's not possible

levious

What I said is fact; he ran it all four quarters, all game. doesn't mean he did it 100% after every play cause it's not possible

That's quite a distinction. If you accused me of doing something all four quaters all game I'd assume you meant every play.

That's quite a distinction. If you accused me of doing something all four quaters all game I'd assume you meant every play.

Well I already laid it out several posts ago exactly when he did it, so if both of you chose to read those words that specifically and then ignore the other stuff I said, it's not on me.

Shit you should probably cut out:
-Running no huddle all game except when there's an incompletion or loss of yardage

Sanjuro

Sanjuro really is a master at deflecting.

No, I'm just fed up with the two boyfriends from Florida who are all over the place with baseless nonsense.

You still are the guy who shouted homosexual slurs to me over the microphone and disconnected on me three times in a night until you finally got the win (AKA the longest night of Madden ever).

Although, I haven't had a problem with you since. I just find it amusing you're jumping on the ph33 bandwagon in this quest.

levious

Well I already laid it out several posts ago exactly when he did it, so if both of you chose to read those words that specifically and then ignore the other stuff I said, it's not on me.

I read the other parts. That's why I assumed all game all four quarters was an exagerration.

"Shit you should probably cut out:-Running no huddle all game except when there's an incompletion or loss of yardage"

And this turned out to be an exagerration too since you added at least one more exception.

No, I'm just fed up with the two boyfriends from Florida who are all over the place with baseless nonsense.

You still are the guy who shouted homosexual slurs to me over the microphone and disconnected on me three times in a night until you finally got the win (AKA the longest night of Madden ever).

Although, I haven't had a problem with you since. I just find it amusing you're jumping on the ph33 bandwagon in this quest.

You've never had a problem with me, I've only had problems with you. Homosexual slurs? So we're just making shit up now? Stop drinking Sanjuro, you've had enough.

I love how you keep pointing out its just me and ph33. You realize only Ferny has played you more than me and ph33 over the past 2 years? Hmmmmmmmm.......

I read the other parts. That's why I assumed all game all four quarters was an exagerration.

"Shit you should probably cut out:-Running no huddle all game except when there's an incompletion or loss of yardage"

And this turned out to be an exagerration too since you added at least one more exception.

OK, next time I'll leave out "all game" and stick to "all four quarters" and that'll be your cue to understand that it wasn't on every play.

Sanjuro

I wonder if this argument will hit 3 hours. We're about 2 1/2 hours in now.

I just got my power back today. Plan on draining it all before the upcoming snowfall this week!

You've never had a problem with me, I've only had problems with you. Homosexual slurs? So we're just making shit up now? Stop drinking Sanjuro, you've had enough.

No, I stopped drinking once the power came back on. I also wouldn't make something up like that.

Sanjuro

I love how you keep pointing out its just me and ph33. You realize only Ferny has played you more than me and ph33 over the past 2 years? Hmmmmmmmm.......

I play well against Ferny. He is really about my level of skill, but I normally get the upper hand. Not to mention he has the Jest. We've just had minor messenger squabbles after games, nothing even close to the stuff you guys are spewing.

In fact. Ferny, LJ, and Nightz are the only people who should actually hate me in this game (...and Wellington prior to this version of the game).

So you wouldn't make something up like that, you would just wait a year and then mention it?

I've mentioned it before.

Nightz

I play well against Ferny. He is really about my level of skill, but I normally get the upper hand. Not to mention he has the Jest. We've just had minor messenger squabbles after games, nothing even close to the stuff you guys are spewing.

In fact. Ferny, LJ, and Nightz are the only people who should actually hate me in this game (...and Wellington prior to this version of the game).

Why me?

I've mentioned it before.

I would've noticed you mentioning it. It never happened. This is from that night that took forever? The one where you d/ced and blamed me? Even though I had the lead in the 4th? I'm Irish, if I want to hear some bullshit a drunk just made up about me I'll go hang with the family.

I haven't had a real problem with you in this version, but you were my least favorite person to play all of last year. And it's no coincidence your list has the rest of the AFC East on it.

Sanjuro

I would've noticed you mentioning it. It never happened. This is from that night that took forever? The one where you d/ced and blamed me? Even though I had the lead in the 4th? I'm Irish, if I want to hear some bullshit a drunk just made up about me I'll go hang with the family.

I haven't had a real problem with you in this version, but you were my least favorite person to play all of last year. And it's no coincidence your list has the rest of the AFC East on it.

Nope. It was from the first game we played. I didn't disconnect on you because it wouldn't say "The user has quit the game" and I don't care if someone beats me in the game, at any point.

Whatever, you refuse to play fun games of Madden with me just because I beat you once!

I'm never playing you again and your John Madden ghost magic.

Top Bottom