• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Sokantish

Jesus, careful with the personal attacks
You're right, I shouldn't have said that. Sorry Bluemax.

Can you let Chris Clemons get 4 sacks next week so I can set the single season sack record?

I couldn't believe how many times he got in untouched almost instantly.

Wasn't really bothered too much by the loss because I did it to myself by throwing so many INTs but I don't like people implying that I'm a cheater, or that I am intentionally cheating. I assume it was something involving the streaks in the middle but Luke would never tell me what it was so I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

eznark

Banned
He was up three scores with 90 seconds left too!

Wasn't really bothered too much by the loss because I did it to myself by throwing so many INTs but I don't like people implying that I'm a cheater, or that I am intentionally cheating. I assume it was something involving the streaks in the middle but Luke would never tell me what it was so I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

No one implied anything. You cheat. We all just have to grin and BEAR it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Fmt used to send gore on a steak through the lines and he would always catch that shit over shoulder. Used to piss me the fuck off. I hope this is not what you do!

Sokantish

Fmt used to send gore on a steak through the lines and he would always catch that shit over shoulder. Used to piss me the fuck off. I hope this is not what you do!

I do that but with directional passing thrown in because you can't actually throw it overhead because someone will always intercept it, but Bluemax's guys still intercepted them anyway so I don't know if it matters much. I didn't know doing that was considered cheap, I'll stop doing it if it is.

His defense seems so good, MLB jumped like 12 feet in the air to seal the game. :( The end of the game was pretty funny though, I had just enough timeouts to stop the clock at 4 seconds and had bluemax on fourth down and he picked wildcat and just ran backwards, I wasn't even looking at the screen anymore because he had run the clock out and my guys cause a fumble but it didn't matter because they were all on the ground. I didn't even see who recovered it.

CB3

Yeah ball hawk would have shut that route down a lot more when fmt used to do it. I haven't seen it this year so I wouldn't want to speak on if people think its cheesy or not

Over the top like Stallone!

Haven't run that in a couple years but ill be sure to do it again next time we meet. My gift to you!

bluemax

Banned

The personal attack stuff sucks, but I know you just want to fit in with cb and eznark at the table for kids whose parents didn't love them enough so whatever.

As for what I was told by other people who have played you, the biggest thing was watchout for RB streaks, which I'm pretty sure you went to double digit times. I was looking it for on almost every play, especially when you went 3 wide. I'd still like to find a better solution to defending it than simply running out there with my DE, but shrug.

I think part of what makes you particularly good at it is the same thing that made you so good at throwing streaks to Owusu in season 1, you are really good at pass lead and the timing window on streaks to RBs is a bit bigger I think.

I think if you had mixed it up more and called fewer streaks you would've done better. I felt like you kept trying to hit big plays and get me to panic.

I do that but with directional passing thrown in because you can't actually throw it overhead because someone will always intercept it, but Bluemax's guys still intercepted them anyway so I don't know if it matters much. I didn't know doing that was considered cheap, I'll stop doing it if it is.

His defense seems so good, MLB jumped like 12 feet in the air to seal the game. :( The end of the game was pretty funny though, I had just enough timeouts to stop the clock at 4 seconds and had bluemax on fourth down and he picked wildcat and just ran backwards, I wasn't even looking at the screen anymore because he had run the clock out and my guys cause a fumble but it didn't matter because they were all on the ground. I didn't even see who recovered it.

I recovered the fumble. I probably should've just taken the safety, but there was no one near by so I ran out of the end zone.

Also I think all of my starters have around 80 play recognition and most of my defensive line is up around 90 block shedding.

CB3

The personal attack stuff sucks, but I know you just want to fit in with cb and eznark at the table for kids whose parents didn't love them enough so whatever.

As for what I was told by other people who have played you, the biggest thing was watchout for RB streaks, which I'm pretty sure you went to double digit times. I was looking it for on almost every play, especially when you went 3 wide. I'd still like to find a better solution to defending it than simply running out there with my DE, but shrug.

I think part of what makes you particularly good at it is the same thing that made you so good at throwing streaks to Owusu in season 1, you are really good at pass lead and the timing window on streaks to RBs is a bit bigger I think.

I think if you had mixed it up more and called fewer streaks you would've done better. I felt like you kept trying to hit big plays and get me to panic.

I never took those personal attacks against you. As I remember It, I kicked you out, then led your team personally into the playoffs. And you took personal shots at me.

But hey, if you're going to classify me that way, I guess I might as well go down that road the next time the opportunity presents.

I recovered the fumble. I probably should've just taken the safety, but there was no one near by so I ran out of the end zone.

I can't remember soka running 1 rb streak against me in the times I've played him so he must have started using it recently!

bluemax

Banned
HOLY FUCKING HYPOCRITE JESUS WHERE WERE YOU FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS

:( Perhaps I just see too much of myself in Soka and I want him to avoid my mistakes.

I can't remember soka running 1 rb streak against me in the times I've played him so he must have started using it recently!

I don't recall them in season 1 when I played him, nor do I remember when I played against him a few weeks ago.

I never took those personal attacks against you. As I remember It, I kicked you out, then led your team personally into the playoffs. And you took personal shots at me.

But hey, if you're going to classify me that way, I guess I might as well go down that road the next time the opportunity presents.

Cb even if your parents didn't love you I do. You are like the Mexican brother I never had.

Except my real brother is also part Mexican...

CB3

People generally find Soka funny regardless of his stealth attacks. That's where the difference is. Dude made NHL pretty great on party chat

bluemax

Banned
For the record I wasn't implying that cb had taken personal attacks at me.

Also for more lighthearted entertainment, courtesy of Zep:

61x3eSl.jpg

Trasher

Still not sim, and then a pass to CJ for the cherry on top. You deserved the win though. I played so bad that 4th, but who knows if I was only down 3..

I was a friggin 4-10 team on the 5 yard line with under a minute left in the half. 0-0 game. Had barely gotten over mid-field all game. Wasn't getting the ball in the second half to start at an away field with snow. I've played enough games in Lambeau to know it is incredibly difficult to get that close to the endzone. Sorry if you don't think it was sim, but I feel like it was a pretty decent decision. :/

I was a friggin 4-10 team on the 5 yard line with under a minute left in the half. 0-0 game. Had barely gotten over mid-field all game. Wasn't getting the ball in the second half to start at an away field with snow. I've played enough games in Lambeau to know it is incredibly difficult to get that close to the endzone. Sorry if you don't think it was sim, but I feel like it was a pretty decent decision. :/

No biggie. If you did a run play I prolly wouldn't have mentioned it, but it was the 2nd Quarter and I think your 3rd possesion? Ridiculous to be thinking you're O isn't gonna be doing anything. But you still played better than me that game overall. As I said, you deserved the win.

Trasher

No biggie. If you did a run play I prolly wouldn't have mentioned it, but it was the 2nd Quarter and I think your 3rd possesion? Ridiculous to be thinking you're O isn't gonna be doing anything. But you still played better than me that game overall. As I said, you deserved the win.

I felt it was pretty damn even. Only difference was I got more breaks. Coulda easily gone either way.

My 4th quarter was so bad. Under 100 passing yards total that game, I gotta check if I've done that before.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If there's a running back in the backfield (in a shotgun) I'll generally control the defender responsible for him. There's no need to pull a DE for an extra defender for it.

LJ11

If there's a running back in the backfield I'll generally control the defender responsible for him. There's no need to pull a DE for an extra defender for it.

Unless youre Les fucking Miles you shouldn't be putting a de on a back. On the other hand, DL take better drops than LBs.

Ferny let me know when/if tonight is good for you...I'll be around after the Heat-Blazers which will end around 10 ET. If you gotta go earlier I can probably play while its on

Top Bottom