• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

I remember last year's Valentines Day... a few of you encouraged me to go out to the bar since girls that go out tonight are emotional... shit worked. I wish I lived back at my old place to repeat lol.

Mrbob

I knew what was coming in Eznark's post before I saw the image!

Also, Destructoid got a hold of a picture from a prototype PSFuckConsumers controller:

1d2kkl.jpg

Concave, finally.

Sony had it right with the PS1 dual analog controller and then changed it:

300px-PS1DualAnalogController.jpg

BigAT

Looks like a lot of Giants rookies will be starting tonight now that I can't win the East or a bye anymore. Oh well, the 5 seed worked out well enough for me last season.

DCX

DCX
I knew what was coming in Eznark's post before I saw the image!

Also, Destructoid got a hold of a picture from a prototype PSFuckConsumers controller:

1d2kkl.jpg

Concave, finally.

Sony had it right with the PS1 dual analog controller and then changed it:

300px-PS1DualAnalogController.jpg

Yea, not feeling that design. I hope the final version is better.

DCX

Mrbob

Supposedly one of the fixes is the L2/R2 triggers. I wouldn't mind if they moved to the Move controller type triggers. Those are well made.

The PS3 L2/R2 triggers are the worst triggers of all time. So bad.

Yea, not feeling that design. I hope the final version is better.

DCX

It's a prototype, so it's not the exact finished design. But I'm sure the final controller will resemble something similar. For reference, here is a Vita protoype:

1ycdanB.jpg

The basic layout of the controls are very similar, but the final product looked much better.

Mrbob

Why does it need a touchpad? Why not something useful like a vmu size screen for picking plays when playing people in person?

It's a good question. However, that front touch pad doesn't look exactly like a the back Vita touch pad. Seems to me it is going to have some visual element to it as well. Maybe not a full LCD screen, but perhaps LED lighting of some sorts to program extra functionality onto it.

Splat could tell us but I bet he likes watching us all guess and get it wrong. :p Plus he probably likes his job and wants to keep it. Damn him.

Smokey

I was behind a MW3 JEEP today

Wtf I had no idea those were on sale.. Thought it was just some marketing bs.. An older guy was driving it too

Mrbob

Wow, if GAF mathematicians are correct the Wii U is dead already.

Only 55K sold in the month of January. That's way worse than the worst PS3 month. This is a five week reporting month too.

Ultra bomba tier territory. The ambassador program freebies are going to be awesome.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
There's something hypnotic about the smaller tumbleweed chasing after the bigger one.

Mrbob

PSABR sold more than the Wii U!

Nintendo has gone from market leader to worse than Gamecube over the span of a couple months:

GAMECUBE
LAUNCHED IN AMERICA NOVEMBER 2001

NPD, January 2002----------59K (4 weeks)

WII U
LAUNCHED IN AMERICA NOVEMBER 2012

NPD, January 2013-----------55K (5 weeks)

PSABR sold more than the Wii U!

Nintendo has gone from market leader to worse than Gamecube over the span of a couple months:

well nintendo is fucking stupid and did this to themselves. the hardware isn't the problem. there are just no games. system should've launched with a 3D mario. nintendo had years to prepare for this launch and knew it was coming and yet all we've gotten from them is nintendoland (which i like but wtf no online play) and a 2D mario game that i've already played 3 or 4 other times (on wii and DS/3DS) in the past 3 years.

i'm going to assume the system will have a much more respectable showing once some games show up. maybe this will force them to release SSB sooner!

eznark

Banned
Nintendo still has the second best gaming machine on the market in the 3DS. They can coast on that til they ramp up the WiiU. They had to launch early because of the tech capabilities. They'll be fine.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nintendo still has the second best gaming machine on the market in the 3DS. They can coast on that til they ramp up the WiiU. They had to launch early because of the tech capabilities. They'll be fine.

New Mario & Luigi has done wonders for my opinion of the 3DS

Rorschach

well nintendo is fucking stupid and did this to themselves. the hardware isn't the problem. there are just no games. system should've launched with a 3D mario. nintendo had years to prepare for this launch and knew it was coming and yet all we've gotten from them is nintendoland (which i like but wtf no online play) and a 2D mario game that i've already played 3 or 4 other times (on wii and DS/3DS) in the past 3 years.

i'm going to assume the system will have a much more respectable showing once some games show up. maybe this will force them to release SSB sooner!

All consoles launch with slim pickings (except the Dreamcast!). Hardware is part of the problem. The whole thing is unappealing to me, though. Never had any intention of buying it.

BigAT

I don't own a 3DS, but a Camelot developed Mario Golf is the most exciting thing they announced today. That or DKC Returns, if I didn't own that already. The GBA Mario Golf Camelot did is such an amazing game, I don't know how they never really made similar versions.

Sanjuro

I loved the Mario Golf for Game Boy Color.

Is the 3DS worth getting? I was going to get it for Mario Land 3D and classic GB Donkey Kong (aka the best game ever).

eznark

Banned
I loved the Mario Golf for Game Boy Color.

Is the 3DS worth getting? I was going to get it for Mario Land 3D and classic GB Donkey Kong (aka the best game ever).

Personally I'd buy it for Fire Emblem alone. Fire Emblem plus Ghost Recon makes it a bargain. Add in the rest and yeah, it's a no brainier.

Sanjuro

Personally I'd buy it for Fire Emblem alone. Fire Emblem plus Ghost Recon makes it a bargain. Add in the rest and yeah, it's a no brainier.

I never really liked Fire Emblem. I used to be the biggest Nintendo homer, but just never did it for me.

Metroid/F-Zero/Donkey Kong (not cuntry) are my main guys.

Top Bottom