• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

DCX

DCX
I'm confused about the out of bounds play. If Crow is playing MLB that seems a lot of ground to cover to run out of bounds. If he ran out of bounds and off the TE why didn't you throw to the TE?

Streak passes are the toughest to make in the game. I could point countless examples of how pressing down Y has stopped me from getting a deep completion into an interception. I've pretty much stopped throwing them now.

Ball was in the air and he ran straight out of bounds, but Crow answred everything with a smile so whatever bros nothing to see here.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on, I'm talking to you, come on

TheCrow

Ball was in the air and he ran straight out of bounds, but Crow answred everything with a smile so whatever bros nothing to see here.

DCX

So I'm supposed to always switch defenders? Did my running out of bounds affect the play? Why is everyone so quick to assume global ballhawking/hit sticks when highly rated defenders make a play. I'm just defending myself because I don't see what I am doing wrong.

Trasher

So I'm supposed to always switch defenders? Did my running out of bounds affect the play? Why is everyone so quick to assume global ballhawking/hit sticks when highly rated defenders make a play. I'm just defending myself because I don't see what I am doing wrong.

The "global" part is the issue. You shouldn't be able to achieve so much on defense by using/holding one button. This isn't necessarily your fault so much as it is EAs...but if we are in a sim league it can (and has) become an issue.

DCX

DCX

nothing Crow. nothing.

DCX

TheCrow

The "global" part is the issue. You shouldn't be able to achieve so much on defense by using/holding one button. This isn't necessarily your fault so much as it is EAs...but if we are in a sim league it can (and has) become an issue.

Again I ask if there is even a definite answer as to whether it exists. After years of xp and progression maybe defense have just gotten better overall.

Again I ask if there is even a definite answer as to whether it exists. After years of xp and progression maybe defense have just gotten better overall.

Ballhawk definitely exists, making the play isn't the problem. But this is a sim league. When do you see LBs run out of bounds in the NFL? You are so focused on getting the ballhawk to work you aren't focusing on the user-defenders responsibility (run to where the ball was thrown/caught). This isn't a big deal imo. Ballhawk just needs to go, until then DBs are gonna be cheesey.

Sokantish

It does exist, Rors and I tested it out in an online game and I've also used it a lot in my single player franchise. I see my AI players go and try to catch out of bounds balls when I hold Y but they never do it when I don't hold it down

my D has gotten beastly and then it got nerfed with the fumble slider. now its just decent tacklers..

I guess building your D around only forcing fumbles is pretty sim, right?

TheCrow

Ballhawk definitely exists, making the play isn't the problem. But this is a sim league. When do you see LBs run out of bounds in the NFL? You are so focused on getting the ballhawk to work you aren't focusing on the user-defenders responsibility (run to where the ball was thrown/caught). This isn't a big deal imo. Ballhawk just needs to go, until then DBs are gonna be cheesey.

It was a deep pass. I usually just watch the play unfold. Perhaps I left my thumb on the left stick and he ran out of bounds. I just don't see how people get worked up over a LB running out of bounds.

Sokantish

Yeah, honestly it's a ridiculous thing to complain about.

I think the main complaint is that someone is holding Y when they're not even close to playing the ball, unless he was controlling the player that went out of bounds? I don't even know what's going on. It is kind of cheap to be using ballhawk globally instead of just when you're the one controlling the player going for an int. Not saying Crow was doing that, though

DCX

DCX
It does exist, Rors and I tested it out in an online game and I've also used it a lot in my single player franchise. I see my AI players go and try to catch out of bounds balls when I hold Y but they never do it when I don't hold it down

I guess building your D around only forcing fumbles is pretty sim, right?

Idk ask Wellie who was the innovator of the POW build style D.

DCX

Smokey

Ball hawk could easily be worked around by banning the switching to dbs in the air. You let the computer go for it just as we do on offense. The only time you should be able to use y is if you are the one manually controlling the defender.

Edit but I guess if simply holding down y effects the closest defender regardless then fuck

Ball hawk could easily be worked around by banning the switching to dbs in the air. You let the computer go for it just as we do on offense. The only time you should be able to use y is if you are the one manually controlling the defender.

How could you ever know if some1 was holding Y or not? Without video replay it's not an enforceable ban.

Ramirez

Edit but I guess if simply holding down y effects the closest defender regardless then fuck

But then you'd never get any picks

Smokey

How could you ever know if some1 was holding Y or not? Without video replay it's not an enforceable ban.

I'm saying you can tell what player somebody is controlling. If you are playing FS then that's the only person you can control during that possession versus switching to the closest defender when the ball is in the air and try and ball hawk.

But like I said if bh works regardless of where you are on the field and you just hold y then fuck ea

TheCrow

Exactly. And why is it crazy to think that a CB can recover and still make a play on a deep pass by himself. Look at any of my CBs and you'll find they all have high mcv, prc, and speed. Maybe the pass wasn't perfect or the receiver messed up his route. I don't know.

I can safely say I have never knowingly used ball hawk. I STILL don't get what the hell it is. The majority of my INT come from CPU picks or off manually covering

Manual picks are an extension of ball hawk.

Sure they are....but we have a few people who like to run the same play many times in a game. Or on the same drive. I'm glad I have assistance if someone wants to run TE Vertical Shake for 1/3 of their plays so that I can ball hawk the tight end's bullshit route.

I think the most annoying crimes are when DBs warp over your WR but I think we have all played this enough to know we can't chance some things.

The Week 7 Injury Report
Italicized players are new additions

Bears
MLB Brian Urlacher out 3 weeks with an abdominal tear.
Broncos
OLB Wesley Woodyard is out 2 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Browns
SS T.J. Ward is out 4 weeks with broken ribs.
Cardinals
SS Jawan Banks is out 1 week with a dislocated ankle.
WR X'Zavious Bass is out 1 week with a ruptured disk.
Chargers
TE Antonio Gates is out 3 weeks with a broken collarbone.
Chiefs
HB Jamaal Charles is out 3 weeks with a partial PCL tear.
Colts
MLB Kavell Conner is out 21 weeks with a fractured elbow.
WR T.Y. Hilton is out 3 weeks with a broken collarbone.
WR Ben Jones is out 1 week with a broken jaw.
Eagles
FS Ron Odom is out 2 weeks with a dislocated elbow.
Falcons
HB Patrick Cooper is out 3 weeks with a ruptured disk.
49ers
MLB Larry Grant is out 8 weeks with a broken collarbone.
MLB Patrick Willis is out 1 week with an abdominal tear.
Jaguars
OLB Daryl Smith is out 3 weeks with an upper arm fracture.
Jets
MLB Demario Davis is out 1 week with an abdominal tear.
Patriots
TE Aaron Hernandez is out 6 weeks with a dislocated hip.
Raiders
C Stefen Wisniewski is out 4 weeks with a dislocated ankle.
TE Ed Dickson is out 1 week with a broken collarbone.
Rams
HB D.J. Greenwood is out 5 weeks with a ruptured disk.
Redskins
LE Jarvis Jenkins is out 1 week with a broken collarbone.
Saints
TE Jimmy Graham is out 5 weeks with a ruptured disk.
Texans
FS Glover Quin Jr. is out 2 weeks with a partial MCL tear.
QB T.J. Yates is out 1 weeks with an abdominal tear.
Vikings
MLB Oliver Drake is out 4 weeks with a broken collarbone.
WR Percy Harvin is out 3 weeks with a ruptured disk.

Current Standings
Team (Record) Divisional Record

AFC North (8-17)
Bengals (4-2) 2-0
Steelers (3-4) 2-0
Ravens (1-5) 0-2
Browns (0-6) 0-2

AFC South (14-10)
Colts (4-1) 1-0
Texans (5-2) 1-0
Titans (3-4) 0-1
Jaguars (2-3) 0-1

AFC East (15-9)
Dolphins (6-0) 1-0
Bills (6-1) 0-1
Patriots (3-2) 3-1
Jets (0-6) 0-2

AFC West (11-13)
Broncos (4-3) 2-1
Raiders (3-3) 1-2
Chiefs (2-3) 1-0
Chargers (2-4) 1-2

NFC North (9-17)
Vikings (3-4) 2-0
Bears (3-4) 0-1
Lions (2-4) 1-2
Packers (1-5) 1-1

NFC South
(14-11)
Saints (6-1) 3-0
Buccaneers (4-2) 1-0
Panthers (3-3) 0-1
Falcons (1-5) 0-3

NFC East
(16-10)
Giants (7-0) 4-0
Eagles (4-2) 1-1
Cowboys (3-3) 1-2
Redskins (2-5) 0-3

NFC West
(13-13)
49ers (6-0) 2-0
Seahawks (3-3) 1-1
Rams (3-4) 2-2
Cardinals (1-6) 0-2

All-Time Coach Standings by Win %
Coach Team (Record) / (Playoff Record)
  1. Bill Walsh SF (38-4) / (3-1)*
  2. John Valentine BUF (35-10) / (2-2)**
  3. Walter White NYG (35-10) / (5-1)*
  4. Oscar Herrera DEN (32-10) / (1-2)
  5. LeNeigrow Fresh HOU (34-12) / (5-2)**
  6. Michael Jackson PHI (30-11) / (1-2)
  7. Eric Taylor IND (27-11) / (0-1)
  8. Stephen Ramirez PIT (29-12) / (0-2)
  9. Sean Payton NO (28-13) / (0-2)
  10. Ricardo Ganon OAK (26-13) / (0-1)
  11. Terry Tate CIN (27-14) / (2-1)
  12. Bob Bisquick CHI (25-17) / (2-1)
  13. Dirk Vermeil STL (22-18) / (0-1)
  14. Jon Gruden TB (19-19)
  15. Don Coryell SD (19-20) / (0-1)
  16. The Pheeniks MIA (18-20)
  17. Tony Stark ATL (18-22) / (1-1)
  18. Mister McNeily WSH (17-22)
  19. Bob Sacamano TEN (10-13)
  20. lance hardwood KC (2-3)
  21. Bobby Ross DET (15-23)
  22. Miles Alexander CAR (15-23)
  23. Chris Levious DAL (15-23)
  24. Mark Smart MIN (15-24)
  25. Matthews Barney SEA (14-24)
  26. Drew Bledsoe NE (13-24)
  27. Barry Alvarez GB (13-26) / (0-1)
  28. Gabe Newell BAL (1-3)
  29. Phil Jackson NYJ (9-29)
  30. Barry Lyndon ARZ (7-32)
  31. Kevin Liu JAX (5-32)
  32. Tywin Lannister CLE (3-35)

*Super Bowl Win
**Super Bowl Loss

I think that's enough walls of text for one night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Idk ask Wellie who was the innovator of the POW build style D.

DCX
Here is the first post where I mentioned it and the post immediately after it.

Played with the POW build a little the last two games, it's doing work. Team as a whole doing work. Four forced fumbles across the three games to open the season.

POW Team? That's just cool.

DCX

Force fumbles aren't figured in the same way, I have not really chased POW all that much this year.

I put it together after playing the Saints one year. I noticed that they A) forced an abnormal amount of fumbles and B) injured an abnormal amount of players. What better way to give myself a competitive advantage than to take out the opposition's ball carriers, I thought. I put it in practice and it was pretty fun, however they all individually sucked so much that it wasn't prudent to use all of those high hit power guys together at the same time. It was like Taylor Mays, Rey Maualuga, Keith Rivers, and a couple of Madden 12 draft class beasts. I played a lot of Big Nickel to get a high POW safety in the game too. It was fun just trying to mash guys.

Unfortunately the game doesn't work the same way this year.

LJ11

I heard shit about Crow going into our first game, none of what I heard was present, I thought he played a straight up game. Had a good play that worked out of a trips formation, conceptually the play worked as it should in the NFL, but it could be overly effective, didn't think much of it, no different than some other plays in this game.

Our second game was a bit different. His secondary was hawking all over the place, pretty sure he was holding Y, I'm not sure about his intent. One throw in particular comes to mind, squeezed into triple coverage, but my guy was wide open when I threw. Deep throw, every DB in the area peeled off and they all converged, it was nuts.

If he knew what he was doing he's a bitch, if not now he does and he can just hit/hold Y when he's actually in position instead of running around holding it.

I also noticed the circle movement but it was with his S, he was playing a deep half, not a LB. Only issue was Y, hard to judge intent.

The Y thing ticked me off a bit, but honestly, I may have had worse done to me this year.

So far this year, I think the only guy's I've been cheap with is FMT and maybe Crow. Crow likes his Nickel and Dime to stop the run, that's fine I've got a few plays that takes advantage of it and I want him out of that package so I'll punish an opponent until he gives me the look I want. Same thing with FMT, I ran a play repeatedly to punish his man coverage and get him to play zone. Same thing with Luke the other night, I'll run the same play until you change your D.

DCX

DCX
Here is the first post where I mentioned it and the post immediately after it.

Force fumbles aren't figured in the same way, I have not really chased POW all that much this year.

I just meant in general. With the Bengals you built a similar type team. I like the idea of it and tried my own.

DCX

Sokantish

Well even still, it's not useless points. You will still cause more fumbles than most teams if you really did that, or you should at least.

I'm gonna Y Drizzler like crazy this game.

Top Bottom