• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

This Mexican on Mexican hate really needs to stop

Not hating on anyone here... Compared to the real life counterparts, I mean. I guess you could say the Steelers were a good team last year, so they get the ratings, but the Eagles were meh. And Steelers weren't really a takeaway team. They rarely force fumbles or get INTs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Not hating on anyone here... Compared to the real life counterparts, I mean. I guess you could say the Steelers were a good team last year, so they get the ratings, but the Eagles were meh. And Steelers weren't really a takeaway team. They rarely force fumbles or get INTs.

Its tough from a ratings perspective. On my team alot of the guys rated highly deserve to be so, besides Vick. Jax and DRC took decent falls, but you cant really take off ratings from physical attributes. (For example, Jax and DRC are gonna be fast no matter what, even if they had a bad year) And alot of what madden is are just those attributes.

Its why guys like Noel Devine can put up stupid numbers. Its easy to point out my team specifically because they failed so hard, but we all benefit from it. See: Chris Owusu.

Rorschach

Owusu can get shut down, though. And it's not just the speed or the agility or whatever. It's actual ability and injury ratings. :p And in the end Owusu is in his 60s while Vick and co are nowhere near that.

Owusu will never get a yard out of me! This I guarantee!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Owusu can get shut down, though. And it's not just the speed or the agility or whatever. It's actual ability and injury ratings. :p And in the end Owusu is in his 60s while Vick and co are nowhere near that.

Owusu will never get a yard out of me! This I guarantee!

Overall hardly matters. Dallas Strong was my best WR last year and he was like 75 OVR.

Rorschach

Overall hardly matters. Dallas Strong was my best WR last year and he was like 75 OVR.

But the ability stats matter. DRC is still rated high where it matters and so is Nnamdi. OVR is just a reflection of that.

Rors if you keep talking bad about Owusu I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson when I see you in the Super Bowl this year
I won't be there, but we will face each other if the league goes on long enough! By then, Owusu will be a seasoned vet. 69 overall!

Sokantish

Actually, you're right. I want him to run the score up so he'll have a player suspended when he plays me. I need all the help I can get

Trasher

Smokey, when I said teach him a lesson I didn't mean run the score up like crazy

lol Game started off awesome when my depth chart from when I did practice apparently didn't have CJ in the game. Kept looking for CJ on the field, but he wasn't there! Smokey's secondary is pewping all over me. Even when my guys actually seem open, his dudes accelerate up and snatch the ball away. :(

I also fumbled a kickoff and Smokey snatched it up for a TD. Phil Sims then proceeded to praise my kick returner and blockers for a TD that was scored by the other team.

Nightz

Welp, eznark died on his first mission. =\ When he died, FMT got scared and shot DCX. Now DCX is injured for 10 days. Pheeniks and Sanjuro are going in next.

gg birdles. didn't adjust well on defense in the 2nd half and jimmy graham made me pay. i got to brees once but there were a bunch of times where i was a step late! thank god for those turnovers in the first half though

Birdman02

GG FMT. It went a lot better for me once I stopped making stupid throws into coverage, but your guys just always seemed to be in the right place. 2 Gore fumbles, but my D couldn't pick them up, and I kept giving the ball away in the 1st half.

Well, I made it through the toughest stretch of my schedule with a 2-3 record. Not great, but it could've been worse. Hopefully, I can get back on track and finish strong and lock up a playoff spot. There's still a lot of work to do though.

GG FMT. It went a lot better for me once I stopped making stupid throws into coverage, but your guys just always seemed to be in the right place. 2 Gore fumbles, but my D couldn't pick them up, and I kept giving the ball away in the 1st half.

Well, I made it through the toughest stretch of my schedule with a 2-3 record. Not great, but it could've been worse. Hopefully, I can get back on track and finish strong and lock up a playoff spot. There's still a lot of work to do though.

yeah gore was putting the fucking ball on the ground like nothing. i was getting good yardage but had to start passing more. i even bought the cover ball trait! but every 4th or 5th game gore will just fumble no matter what i do. i got lucky with those fumbles!

Smokey

lol Game started off awesome when my depth chart from when I did practice apparently didn't have CJ in the game. Kept looking for CJ on the field, but he wasn't there! Smokey's secondary is pewping all over me. Even when my guys actually seem open, his dudes accelerate up and snatch the ball away. :(

I also fumbled a kickoff and Smokey snatched it up for a TD. Phil Sims then proceeded to praise my kick returner and blockers for a TD that was scored by the other team.

gg bucket!

bluemax

Banned
All right I did some number crunching, it looks like some games have been played since I started on this but whatever! I present to you:

Gabbert 124/154 80.5
Tebow 56/76 73.7
Newton 141/197 71.8
Sanchez 104/146 71.2
Ryan 220/310 70.9
Flacco 44/62 70.9
Weeden 151/222 68.0
Skelton 218/330 66.1
Locker 177/272 65.1
Rodgers 173/272 63.6
Taylor 123/194 63.4
Tannehill 157/251 62.5
Romo 131/219 59.8
Griffin 169/294 57.5
Ponder 161/282 57.1
Rivers 170/299 56.9
Wilson 161/286 56.3
Leinart 42/75 56.0
Freeman 160/298 53.7
Luck 158/297 53.1
E. Manning 117/221 52.9
Dalton 167/316 52.8
Bradford 111/210 52.3
Cassel 161/311 51.8
Brady 144/286 50.3
Vick 123/248 49.5
Stafford 175/355 49.3
Brees 91/192 47.4
Schaub 91/196 46.4
Palmer 83/179 46.4
Roethlisberger 142/312 45.5
P. Manning 84/185 45.4
Fitzpatrick 92/206 44.7
Cutler 110/257 42.8
Smith 77/181 42.5

The percentage is percentage of drop backs (pass attempts + sacks) that resulted in a negative outcome: incompletion, sack or interception. As you can see only 10 of the QBs in the league have better than 50% of their drop backs result in something positive.

LukeSmith

QRpRE.jpg

The game randomly assigned CB an awesome nickname. Someone wasn't happy about it. Eznark has the best assigned nickname of anyone so far, and when they sent me a new recruit who was already a Sgt, his name was Carlos, so I did what must be done.

Soka, not pictured, is injured for 8 days

Trasher

The game randomly assigned CB an awesome nickname. Someone wasn't happy about it. Eznark has the best assigned nickname of anyone so far, and when they sent me a new recruit who was already a Sgt, his name was Carlos, so I did what must be done.

Soka, not pictured, is injured for 8 days

lol Slim. How fitting for me. I love how you use my real name.

gg bucket!

lol no it wasn't! Most boring game ever. Even for you probably! I let my stupid mistake on that first drive just ruin me mentally. I'm not gonna say I would have had a good chance at even beating you, but I could have given you a much better fight than that. My defense actually didn't do too bad. It was all mainly my own user mistakes, and stupid turnovers.

Btw, during that game I went to audible and something interesting happened. When the menu popped up I tried to scroll down to the play I wanted, and instead it moved my defender off the line and into the o-line causing an offsides. Is that a fucking bug?

DCX

DCX
All right I did some number crunching, it looks like some games have been played since I started on this but whatever! I present to you:

The percentage is percentage of drop backs (pass attempts + sacks) that resulted in a negative outcome: incompletion, sack or interception. As you can see only 10 of the QBs in the league have better than 50% of their drop backs result in something positive.
Love how 52 ints doesn't earn me first.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
wellington what time will you be able to play on saturday? you're my next game!

and didn't we just play last saturday!?
Saturday is actually pretty awful for me. The 10 AM time is the only time I could really get my game in that day with Cola.

I should be home all of Sunday, only time I won't play is while the Giants are stomping out the Niners.

Wow I'm awful, but I'm pretty good relatively!

Btw, during that game I went to audible and something interesting happened. When the menu popped up I tried to scroll down to the play I wanted, and instead it moved my defender off the line and into the o-line causing an offsides. Is that a fucking bug?

You don't have to scroll up or down for audibles, just press the button next to it!

bluemax

Banned
Love how 52 ints doesn't earn me first.

DCX

Only because you don't get sacked as much as some of the others. Probably because you have a good O-Line and receivers who don't get stalled as much by press.

Still, being essentially 4th worst isn't really something to be proud of. Especially since you pass twice as much as the other guys around you.

Wow I'm awful, but I'm pretty good relatively!

Those low sack totals help!

Honestly though anyone who has <20 INTs at this point in the season is pretty much in the upper half of this league in passing ability.

bluemax

Banned
For the hell of it:

Sub .500:
Gabbert 124/154 80.5
Tebow 56/76 73.7
Newton 141/197 71.8
Sanchez 104/146 71.2
Flacco 44/62 70.9
Weeden 151/222 68.0
Skelton 218/330 66.1
Locker 177/272 65.1
Rodgers 173/272 63.6
Taylor 123/194 63.4
Romo 131/219 59.8
Griffin 169/294 57.5
Rivers 170/299 56.9
Leinart 42/75 56.0
Brady 144/286 50.3

Ryan 220/310 70.9
Tannehill 157/251 62.5
Ponder 161/282 57.1
Wilson 161/286 56.3
Freeman 160/298 53.7
Cassel 161/311 51.8
Stafford 175/355 49.3

> .500
Luck 158/297 53.1
E. Manning 117/221 52.9
Dalton 167/316 52.8
Bradford 111/210 52.3
Vick 123/248 49.5
Brees 91/192 47.4
Schaub 91/196 46.4
Palmer 83/179 46.4
Roethlisberger 142/312 45.5
P. Manning 84/185 45.4
Fitzpatrick 92/206 44.7
Cutler 110/257 42.8
Smith 77/181 42.5

I grouped them by teams that are well below .500, teams that are within 1 game of .500 and teams that are 2 or more games above .500 at this point.

Basically, all the teams that are winning the most have something "bad" happen on less than 50% of their drop backs. Teams in the middle of the league are off by about 10-15% of their drop backs (except for DCX) and teams at the bottom are at about 55% or higher (except Sanjuro).

There are a couple of obvious outliers but you get the point.

What's kind of interesting as I look over this, is how most of the QBs fall where you'd expect them based on who they are in real life. Palmer and Fitzpatrick are both over achieving (and Alex Smith to a degree) while Ryan, Flacco and Rodgers are all underachieving.

daw840

I think I'm actually doing better than the real life chiefs! And holy shit at Gabbert. This statistic says that 80% of the time he may as well just spike the ball?!? Lol

eznark

Banned
That stat measures outcomes, and since it is trying to show effectiveness vs. ineffectiveness, it shouldn't distinguish between a spike and an incomplete pass, as the outcomes are identical and you can easily argue that the incomplete pass has more positives than a spike. Claiming all incomplete passes are necessarily worse than a spike it completely and utterly idiotic and to me renders the novelty of this novelty stat moot.

Top Bottom