• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

eznark

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

I just lost two of my Brew Team 6. Snake Eyes Weeks got zombified, Ryan Braun valiantly risked his own life to save a rookie (fuck you Muton and your stupid fucking intimidate ability!!) and was promptly executed by a crit. To be matters worse, the dumb cunt rookie died the next turn.

SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!

Yea I think I have to. 70$ is the cheapest I can find so far.

lol good luck finding ticks for 70

Saw some ticks on craigs for 35 talkin bout meet me out in springfield or some shit...ya, and watch dude try to get me to come into his house instead of walking outside.

Legit ticks will set you back a 100 minimum, and that's for the chance to basically just enjoy atmosphere, because you sure as fuck won't see anything.

McNei1y

lol good luck finding ticks for 70

Saw some ticks on craigs for 35 talkin bout meet me out in springfield or some shit...ya, and watch dude try to get me to come into his house instead of walking outside.

Legit ticks will set you back a 100 minimum, and that's for the chance to basically just enjoy atmosphere, because you sure as fuck won't see anything.

They were 70$ at the time I posted that. It was like 72, 75, 78, 84, etc. Then like 30 minutes later it jumped into the 100s... definitely should've jumped on them at that time. I didn't realize how fast they'd shoot up.

I think stub hub/scalpers will be a good choice before game time.

Nightz

I think I need to get XCOM.

Someone put me on their team. I will instantly make it best.

You're going in next for my team, rookie. Today I've lost Ferny, FMT and Ram, and CB is gravely injured. Sniper DM has been my savior so far, as well as Captain Nightz.

They were 70$ at the time I posted that. It was like 72, 75, 78, 84, etc. Then like 30 minutes later it jumped into the 100s... definitely should've jumped on them at that time. I didn't realize how fast they'd shoot up.

I think stub hub/scalpers will be a good choice before game time.

I think shit just blew up. IDK. Tickets are up on stubhub for the TBD game and even those are at 100 + minimum right now for standing seats.

McNei1y

I think shit just blew up. IDK. Tickets are up on stubhub for the TBD game and even those are at 100 + minimum right now for standing seats.

Yea. Like I expected, there's going to be so many people jumping at a ticket to see this game. Fortunately, tickets are declining in price now because of that 2 hour thing. I saw some tickets on sale between 85-95. I'm going to wait another hour or so before I worry.

LiveWire

I remember the first time the Caps advanced to the 2nd round in the playoffs, I had a chance to get two seats in upper deck about halfway up for $99, I thought, naaaah, I'll wait til tomorrow morning. Then about 30 min later I was like, well no I really should get them. They already went up to $130.

tl;dr Just buy them. The money's worth it, win or lose. You don't get these experiences often.

McNei1y

Good post Live. I should've jumped on the 70$ tix. I'm waiting a bit longer to hear back from a friend if there's an extra ticket.

eznark

Banned
XCOM is so good, I have (and want to play) Dishonored, but I haven't been able to pry myself away from XCOM

I had set aside tonight to play Dishonored but then I had my A-Team essentially wipe and now I think I want to start xcom over.

Have you tried any multiplayer yet?

Also, if you guys like adventure games at all, get the Pendulo pack. I had been waiting for a sale on The Next Big Thing to buy it. I played a couple hours of that game today and it's great! Just that one game is worth the $15 so far, and I've heard nothing but great things about Yesterday. The Runaway games are also supposed to be rad but I have no first hand experience with them. The only shitty thing is that Hollywood Monsters isn't included, but I don't think that's actually available anywhere on the internets.

bluemax

Banned
I think I'm actually doing better than the real life chiefs! And holy shit at Gabbert. This statistic says that 80% of the time he may as well just spike the ball?!? Lol

He'd actually be better off if he ran for 1 yard gains every time he passed instead of passing.

Lol Gabbert; I blame the OL more than him though

Yeah, honestly I think most of the teams at the bottom need to draft offensive line help.

LiveWire

Did anyone else just get notice of the class action lawsuit against EA for alleged federal antitrust violations (NFL license monopoly)?

And they all will blow. But atleast it puts pressure on EA

yeah i dont want nfl 2k around because i actually think it will be better than madden but at least it forces EA to improve more. i also think if EA doesn't have to pay the ridiculous exclusive fee it will free up some more resources

DMczaf

I fucking hate the Legend of NFL2K5 so much. The game was so great that it forced EA to go into backroom meetings with the NFL to do a shady exclusive deal behind 2K's back! FUCK YOU EA!

Splat

Debate what you will with gameplay, but 2k5's online franchise site was better than madden is now, by a ton. Presentation was better too.

eznark

Banned
These games are now too expensive for there to be competition. No sports games have real competition. Look at those MMA games that came out at the same time a few years ago. Even if 2K buys the license, they aren't going to make a legit NFL game.

i am looking at some of the coaching goals and found this to be funny:

Season Goals:

Tier 1: 0+ season wins - 0 XP awarded
Tier 2: 1+ season wins - 500 XP
Tier 3: 9+ season wins - 2,500 XP
Tier 4: Make the playoffs - 25,000 XP

lol so if you get 1 win, you get 500 XP, if you get 8 wins, you get the same amount.

but then there are these milestone awards:

One playoff win - 2,500 XP
Five playoff wins - 5,000 XP
Ten playoff wins - 10,000 XP
One superbowl - 10,000
Two superbowls - 10,000
Three hundred wins - 10,000

lol so 300 wins = 10 playoff wins and making the playoffs is worth double winning the superbowl!

Splat

I wonder if once your coach levels up, you then need to win the superbowl for the 25k? How does coach levelling work anyways?

Top Bottom