• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The stupidity of these receivers astounds me. Hey dipshit, if you complete your pattern and the QB is scrambling for his life... maybe you should try moving your ass in any direction and creating some space between you and the defender who's just standing there next to you?

That might be helpful, thanks.

Also... all of these delayed pass routes in blue can go suck some dicks... they never work. The RB pretty much waits until the play is over before making a move. 80% of the time he just gets hung up on all the bullshit and never breaks free. Again, really helpful.

This game is giving me heart attacks. Simple shit that should convert ends up hurting me in the worst situations.

The stupidity of these receivers astounds me. Hey dipshit, if you complete your pattern and the QB is scrambling for his life... maybe you should try moving your ass in any direction and creating some space between you and the defending who's just standing there next to you?

Also... all of these delayed pass routes in blue can go suck some dicks... they never work. The BR pretty much waits until the play is over before making a move. 80% he just gets hung up on all the bullshit and never breaks free. Again, really helpful.

This game is giving me heart attacks. Simple shit that should convert ends up hurting me in the worst situations.

The receiver logic in that regard is tied to awr. The blue routes have always been hit and miss for me

LukeSmith

The stupidity of these receivers astounds me. Hey dipshit, if you complete your pattern and the QB is scrambling for his life... maybe you should try moving your ass in any direction and creating some space between you and the defender who's just standing there next to you?

Also... all of these delayed pass routes in blue can go suck some dicks... they never work. The RB pretty much waits until the play is over before making a move. 80% of the time he just gets hung up on all the bullshit and never breaks free. Again, really helpful.

Blue routes are awesome, if you don't like the route, hot route the blue route to a real route, you can put your RB on a bunch of different routes this year, upload some plays when they aren't working, I want to see.

DCX

DCX
it's a passing league fellas..its in the game. I expect the draft to be a race for the top olineman/wrs/tes/qbs. Stud RBs will fall into the hands of Luke and Cb once again :/

DCX

Ramirez

Delayed routes usually always work for me, but my TE's are usually the ones doing them. I don't throw to my RBs often, I have to keep them in to block!

Somnia

Out of all the games I've played so far I just feel like all-pro "feels" better. I don't really know another way to put it, but everything just feels like it plays better, less "madden" omg wtf was that moments.

It feels like there are more bullshit plays on all madden.

TheCrow

Without playing you, but knowing you have RG3, I'm guessing something about shifting directions behind the line of scrimmage waiting for guys to get open has something to do with it.

Thats why I get a bunch of holding calls when Tebow is on the field. Yes, I traded for Tebow and it only took a 1st and 3rd.

BigAT

Out of all the games I've played so far I just feel like all-pro "feels" better. I don't really know another way to put it, but everything just feels like it plays better, less "madden" omg wtf was that moments.

It feels like there are more bullshit plays on all madden.

This has been my general feeling as well.

Evolved1

The receiver logic in that regard is tied to awr.

Currently using the Cowboys... Witten, Austin, and Dez never move once they get to the end of their pattern. They just sit down on it and I have to throw the ball away. Happens every time. I don't know what their AWR rating are, haven't looked, but at least Witten should be pretty high.. and he never moves. They all just stop playing.

I took the game into practice mode just to see if I could find a scenario where they would try and break free and they never move an inch, even after dozens of snaps.

Blue routes are awesome, if you don't like the route, hot route the blue route to a real route, you can put your RB on a bunch of different routes this year, upload some plays when they aren't working, I want to see.

Ok... I'll have to figure out how to upload first, but I will.

Currently using the Cowboys... Witten, Austin, and Dez never move once they get to the end of their pattern. They just sit down on it and I have to throw the ball away. Happens every time. I don't know what their AWR rating are, haven't looked, but at least Witten should be pretty high.. and he never moves. They all just stop playing.

I took the game into practice mode just to see if I could find a scenario where they would try and break free and they never move an inch, even after dozens of snaps.

Not sure what to say, I have a bunch of guys who do it... Gore moss manningham Crabtree I've seen them all turn up field on broken plays

BigAT

I loved in the PS2 versions how you could direct a receiver using the right stick after his route was finished. It made for some great plays of telling a receiver to go long while scrambling and then dropping it in over his shoulder.

Evolved1

Not sure what to say, I have a bunch of guys who do it... Gore moss manningham Crabtree I've seen them all turn up field on broken plays

Well, maybe I described it wrong... I wouldn't call the plays broken. I'm not really scrambling around with Romo. I run mostly dink and dunk stuff, so if I get through all of the progressions somehow miraculously still on my feet, I scan the field and see all these guys just standing there.

The worst pattern for this is the curl route. Guy comes back and if the ball isn't there he just pitches a tent for the rest of the play... watches me throw the ball away.

I loved in the PS2 versions how you could direct a receiver using the right stick after his route was finished. It made for some great plays of telling a receiver to go long while scrambling and then dropping it in over his shoulder.

This was a good feature ruined by cheesers and Vick. Infuriating

I wish they'd give us vision cone back though :(

And nightz can you change community to all pro? Guess 2 separate comms doesn't make sense anyways!

LJ11

What's the deal with this fucking ballhawk feature?

I did a youtube search and it sounds terrible.

edit: have no problem with the db getting to the highest point, but if he's being guided to the spot its fucking stupid.

LJ11

It's probably why the user ints are off, maybe there's a timing window.

Last night I had a great user pick with Byrd, switched on broke on the post, and held Y like I always do. Only thing that felt strange is that it felt like I warped through the receiver. Now I'm wondering if I even did anything, I always hold Y to make the pick, maybe it took me to the ball. lol

edit: i'm hoping it's not too drastic.

BigAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJH7RqP3Qx0

OH GOD EA, WHY? :( :( :( :(

Ok GL.

How long before someone is booted from the league for Ballhawking? :|

angryraph43pei.gif

WTF...

Mrbob

This makes it easier to intercept, but if you are going to throw it deep down the sideline in a cover 2 zone you almost deserve to be picked off.

I don't have sound on for the video where I am at. Are people just holding down Y? If that is the case then yeah it is bad.

TheCrow

This makes it easier to intercept, but if you are going to throw it deep down the sideline in a cover 2 zone you almost deserve to be picked off.

I don't have sound on for the video where I am at. Are people just holding down Y? If that is the case then yeah it is bad.

Holding Y after the ball is released.

DCX

DCX

holding just Y does nothing...you still have to put yourself in position but what it does is auto straffe and jump for a user pick. Right now what happens is its 50/50 that being in position even nets you a raise of the hands. It could be the reason where pressing Y did nothing for most of us and we watch a ball sail past us for a completion that would have been picked in Madden 12 for sure.

DCX

eznark

Banned
holding just Y does nothing...you still have to put yourself in position but what it does is auto straffe and jump for a user pick. Right now what happens is its 50/50 that being in position even nets you a raise of the hands. It could be the reason where pressing Y did nothing for most of us and we watch a ball sail past us for a completion that would have been picked in Madden 12 for sure.

DCX

Nice, in depth answer.

Pretty clear that we should just direct all questions regarding cheating/cheese to DCX.

BigAT

DCX

From that video, "in position" seems to mean with 10 yards of the ball. So basically, hold A THEN hold Y.

DCX

DCX
So is there a fix/answer to have your guys react and jump or do we risk just letting nothing happen.

idk..it seems that pressing Y as a timing for an int is hit and miss. You will either be perfect or it won't do a thing. Especially with lag and shit. I think the ball hawk thing is the sure way to make a play at the ball in air.

The issue is that now it makes it super easy for this to happen. There is nothing to stop a mlb from taking the entire middle of the field away if he is holding Y unless you flood him with over under..and that still might not be enough.

It seems like the defense now has a weapon to attack the super passing attacks.

DCX

DCX

DCX
From that video, "in position" seems to mean with 10 yards of the ball. So basically, hold A THEN hold Y.

well he was picking off bombs though. Like Bob said, they should be picked anyways. It needs to be tested in community.

DCX

dont have much problem with ball hawk at this point. seems like a good counter for the bullshit jump/rocket catches from last year when you could do nothing about it. i don't like the game "controlling" that portion of it for you but its not like you can hold Y from the snap of the ball and succeed. you still have to put yourself in a position to make the play. obviously doesn't take as much skill as tapping LB at the moment the ball gets there but at least they give something to the defense

you're done splat!

TheCrow

I don't think it'll be that much of an issue. People are going to force the ball into coverage and get picked regardless of Ballhawk. Now it'll just be easier.

Splat

dont have much problem with ball hawk at this point. seems like a good counter for the bullshit jump/rocket catches from last year when you could do nothing about it. i don't like the game "controlling" that portion of it for you but its not like you can hold Y from the snap of the ball and succeed. you still have to put yourself in a position to make the play. obviously doesn't take as much skill as tapping LB at the moment the ball gets there but at least they give something to the defense

you're done splat!

Rocket jumps don't work this year anyways, but AJ's learned to toe-tap in endzone corners so i'm good. I also didn't rocket abuse season 4 last year either because you guys were all abloobloo.

LJ11

Except no one knew about this till LJ brought it up...or you could just watch the video.

DCX

Is this ballhawk feature in the manual? I just went digging for an issue to the user int problem and I read about ballhawking. Haven't followed a thing about this game, don't know what connected careers really is, etc. Was this shit touted as some cool new feature?

Way you described it, makes sense that it may be causing some of the issues, swat may be the way to go. I'm not terribly upset about it to be honest, but it does make me question my own skill.

I was getting my hands on deep throws more often, my timing was right, but the difference was how consistently I was able to trigger the jump animation as a CB. Thought they just fixed it, people have complained about DB's not high pointing the ball for years. As long as it's not dragging me into the area too drastically I won't complain.

you're done splat!

I agree with this.

Nightz

This was a good feature ruined by cheesers and Vick. Infuriating

I wish they'd give us vision cone back though :(

And nightz can you change community to all pro? Guess 2 separate comms doesn't make sense anyways!

Yeah I'll change it when I get home.

And I brought up the ballhawk feature like 10 pages ago!

LJ11

Yeah I'll change it when I get home.

And I brought up the ballhawk feature like 10 pages ago!

I try to read everyone's posts but I missed it.

Remember the Genesis days when we got those huge sports manuals (would list the rosters, lol). Ah, the glory days.

BigAT

I'm shocked that so many of you are okay with this. Probably the D-line users and A holders coming out of the woodwork.

Man, I should have ballhawked Ram! Abused my perfectly positioned manual defenders for at least 2 TD passes in the Redzone. Roofles balled hard

Top Bottom