• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

I don't see the point of a fixed time, it just leads to weird adjustments when it's advanced early and people bicker about it? I forget how it went last time but I don't see the problem with the current setup?

+1 for moving the play clock to 25 or even 30.

McNeily, we need forwards! All we have is centers and PGs.

Smokey

I don't see the point of a fixed time, it just leads to weird adjustments when it's advanced early and people bicker about it? I forget how it went last time but I don't see the problem with the current setup?

+1 for moving the play clock to 25 or even 30.

McNeily, we need forwards! All we have is centers and PGs.

I have a SF.

But i prefer to be PG and orchestrate my team

I've been working on fouling out my PG for a reason. He is basically maxed now

Your guy could probably be a stretch 4 if it's our crew but usually we got plenty of bigs around

Smokey

I've been working on fouling out my PG for a reason. He is basically maxed now

Your guy could probably be a stretch 4 if it's our crew but usually we got plenty of bigs around

Yeah that's why I was thinking point forward.

What do I need to do for these badges and attributes. Tell me the method.

I get people don't want to make the game longer, but constantly letting the play clock run down to 5 seconds after taking 15 to make adjustments is silly. If it's a sim league you need to scale what that means for ToP.

I mean, I make a few adjustments every now and then, but I'm usually able to get my play off before it hits 10 seconds. I don't really every get below that unless I'm completely rewriting the play art with hot routes, or I fucked up and took forever to find a play.

Smokey

A tall, ugly looking white dude who is maxed out in rebounding now.

Good because we got bodied in our last game on the boards despite pheeniks being 7 ft or whatever and our PF being a board crasher.

Max out boards and then split progression between inside scoring and defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get people don't want to make the game longer, but constantly letting the play clock run down to 5 seconds after taking 15 to make adjustments is silly. If it's a sim league you need to scale what that means for ToP.

I mean, I make a few adjustments every now and then, but I'm usually able to get my play off before it hits 10 seconds. I don't really every get below that unless I'm completely rewriting the play art with hot routes, or I fucked up and took forever to find a play.

I make adjustments based on what the defense shows me. If I make a change then the defense changes I will adjust again.

I think it's also stupid that the game only allows one hot route while the team is getting set. It takes a full 2-3 seconds until after the team is set to make a change. I guess it's more realistic but it slows down the gameplay.

If I could institute universal reads and hots based on what I determine the coverage to be that would be best overall. Go up to the LOS with whatever play, bring up a menu that I can say I see cover 2 or Man coverage or a blitz and if I have those hots set via the playbook audibles then I can change my play on the fly. I spend a lot of time after the determination setting up the routes. It's in the game but it's not actually in the game.

McNei1y

Good because we got bodied in our last game on the boards despite pheeniks being 7 ft or whatever and our PF being a board crasher.

Ok I can do that. I had a lot of fun playing last night despite being terrible and getting manhandled down low. Totally worth paying ~$7 for 35k VC. I wish you could create crews so they could track stats. Something similar to NHL's [nonexistent] system would've been nice.

BigAT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991418

Molyneux on roast.
Emoticon_burn.gif

Are you guys using the PSN Streaming to twitch stream your games? I haven't really messed with it much. I'll be joining shortly as the cards, FMT is going to be sending me the invite today.

I'm a really experienced madden player 1v1 online, but I never played franchise mode much, any general tips for improving my roster? Does it work like it used to back in the day, that simply by winning games my players will improve, or do they improve based on their individual stats?

I think he also needs to put some points into shooting of some kind. Getting boards and shit is great but having Ben Wallace on offense is tough
As you all would know yesterday in game 2...

McNei1y

Should I put some in the category with standing dunk or just shooting in general? I guess shooting makes more sense if it has layup.

Are you guys using the PSN Streaming to twitch stream your games? I haven't really messed with it much. I'll be joining shortly as the cards, FMT is going to be sending me the invite today.

I'm a really experienced madden player 1v1 online, but I never played franchise mode much, any general tips for improving my roster? Does it work like it used to back in the day, that simply by winning games my players will improve, or do they improve based on their individual stats?

Yes we twitch stream.

As for your roster, poke through available FAs when you login. I have fixed the contracts and reset your cap penalties to 0. Players gain XP as you go. You also have weekly training time to build xp and confidence.

McNei1y

Yes we twitch stream.

As for your roster, poke through available FAs when you login. I have fixed the contracts and reset your cap penalties to 0. Players gain XP as you go. You also have weekly training time to build xp and confidence.

Oh wow. I didn't know you could do that. I thought he was going to be screwed.

And the DOTA map looks real cool.

brentech

I really like the new Winter Wyvern. Wish the textures on it's model were better, or maybe even a better model. Looks so bland.

If you pick up uels and/or force staff, along with your Cold Embrance, the amount of survival is great.

Ok I can do that. I had a lot of fun playing last night despite being terrible and getting manhandled down low. Totally worth paying ~$7 for 35k VC. I wish you could create crews so they could track stats. Something similar to NHL's [nonexistent] system would've been nice.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Fuck the 49ers. Welcome to the league

BigAT

I really like the new Winter Wyvern. Wish the textures on it's model were better, or maybe even a better model. Looks so bland.

If you pick up uels and/or force staff, along with your Cold Embrance, the amount of survival is great.

Looking over her skills before she was out and she seemed pretty damn good. Played a game yesterday with Rubx playing her and it went well. 3 second BKB piercing disable (potentially AOE disable) for an ult alone is nice.

eznark

Banned
Looking over her skills before she was out and she seemed pretty damn good. Played a game yesterday with Rubx playing her and it went well. 3 second BKB piercing disable (potentially AOE disable) for an ult alone is nice.

Can't wait to pick it when I'm playing with you next. I can finally realize the dream of essentially eulsing you mid fight.

Top Bottom