• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

brentech

Sure did. Cooked a 3lb chuck last weekend. Was so good.
dac15_fantastic.gif
Nicccce

Again, Gg Wellie. Close game to the end.
I gotta start winning those.

brentech

You guys listen to any NFL Podcasts?
Or anything in general that really jumps out as excellent?

Right now I background noise Bombcast. Will listen to the more interesting episodes from This American Life (creators of SERIAL), and got me listening to True Murder as well. A podcast dedicated to authors that wrote books about real murders, or just real murders in general. They actually did an episode about Serial as well, speaking to another person that was one of the people that got Sarah into the case and her own work on it.

Just subbed to 'sky sports inside the huddle', their newest episodes are cover team needs from worst to first. I don't know how much to trust a British ran NFL podcast though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Right now I background noise Bombcast. Will listen to the more interesting episodes from This American Life (creators of SERIAL), and got me listening to True Murder as well. A podcast dedicated to authors that wrote books about real murders, or just real murders in general. They actually did an episode about Serial as well, speaking to another person that was one of the people that got Sarah into the case and her own work on it.

Just subbed to 'sky sports inside the huddle', their newest episodes are cover team needs from worst to first. I don't know how much to trust a British ran NFL podcast though.

I listen to podcasts galore. Here are my main ones I dabble in a bunch of others. It really depends what you're into. My favorite was Listen Money Matters, they had excellent money advice and were a load of fun. One of the hosts left and I think the show has suffered.

BigAT

Listening to Bill Burr attempt to fill an hour by himself each week is pretty great.

brentech

I listen to podcasts galore. Here are my main ones I dabble in a bunch of others. It really depends what you're into. My favorite was Listen Money Matters, they had excellent money advice and were a load of fun. One of the hosts left and I think the show has suffered.

YDHTMLy.jpg
I read your post first, knowing a slight bit about you as a person that you give off around here. As much as one can from that minimal contact, but still a little bit.

I glance at all your podcasts shown in the image.

post-12466-I-don-t-know-what-I-expected-g-gIlY.gif

eznark

Banned

fail.gif

Ferny

I'm just messing with you, but I really hope all this thought about money is working for you. I could see it being stressful if not.
edit: if that type of thing is beneficial and/or your hobby, I totally get it.
You should see his place. He has pictures of that guy on tv that screams and presses all those weird noises all over his kitchen. Mad Money I think it's called?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Definitely a Boglehead

It's not about making money. It's about setting up systems so I don't have to trade my time for money. I want to fully "retire" at age 40.

LJ11

GG AZ, that was a battle. Lucked out on that fumble recovery.

Edit: Also, I think I saw what DCX was talking about, never saw it before though. Blocked my RB, QB went to handoff, there was no PA, I killed it, but he reached back. I've ran that play 50 times and it's the first time I saw it. Maybe it's because the QB is 46 overall, I don't know. Took a sack as soon as I saw that shit. Or maybe it's because I'm aware of it. I think it's just that play in particular, will practice it and report back.

GG AZ, that was a battle. Lucked out on that fumble recovery.

GG, man. That last INT you had was pretty garbage tier also. I had the delay in the game. Your team had so much pressure that I'd try to throw right away but the game wouldn't register it and then when I'd try to press the button again it was too late and I'd get sacked. Even on that last INT, I tried throwing it earlier to no avail.

And I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it to build a beastly o-line. My guys are all super highly rated but I got no push on runs and no protection at all on passes. Seems like it doesn't make a bit of difference.

LJ11

GG, man. That last INT you had was pretty garbage tier also. I had the delay in the game. Your team had so much pressure that I'd try to throw right away but the game wouldn't register it and then when I'd try to press the button again it was too late and I'd get sacked. Even on that last INT, I tried throwing it earlier to no avail.

And I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it to build a beastly o-line. My guys are all super highly rated but I got no push on runs and no protection at all on passes. Seems like it doesn't make a bit of difference.

My dudes hit overdrive, I wasn't even blitzing. I mean I blitzed so fucking much early in the year. Going to be honest though, I've been practicing that run D for weeks. Still weak, but I've been playing randoms non stop for 3 weeks, because they run the cheapest shit if I can slow down their runs...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

What attributes are you focusing on?

And what runs are you calling out of what formations?

All of that makes a difference.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
PBK, RBK, IBK, AWR. And I tried so many different formations. None of it mattered.

You are backwards and missing the most important one.

STR, AWR, RBK for running the ball IMO.

Sickboy said earlier you tried running a lot out of shotgun. That would be a problem as well friend. Honestly those single back runs work well if you're going for deception, otherwise you are likely better off with an FB there.

I don't have an ideal back for what I like to do, but he is ok. I just want 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust and I am ok. I feel like if I can get a hat on a hat I am going to dominate. If I have to rely on my guys in space, I am going to win.

Sickboy said earlier you tried running a lot out of shotgun. That would be a problem as well friend. Honestly those single back runs work well if you're going for deception, otherwise you are likely better off with an FB there.

i rarely ever have success out of the gun/3 wide. but when i run base formations with bruce miller back there i can rip off some yards

I don't have an ideal back for what I like to do, but he is ok. I just want 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust and I am ok. I feel like if I can get a hat on a hat I am going to dominate. If I have to rely on my guys in space, I am going to win.

I draft for strength, I don't upgrade it because I can't imagine it's worth the money spent for just one point. Sorry, I should've clarified when I gave what I focus my upgrades on.

Awareness is a useless stat I've heard, especially for oline and runningbacks...

So how do the weeks work, we wait until everyone is done and then commish advances to the next week and we find our opponents on here or PSN?

LJ11

Key word is deception. I knew when AZ was going to run, would call one of 3 defenses and lock it up. On third and long I knew what was coming. Shotgun runs can be tough, as good as under center, but you leave yourself susceptible to the blitz.

The running backs don't flair out to stop those DBs from rushing you, they just don't, and when you're in the gun you're giving them a better angle to come in for the sack. Under center you can avoid some of that shit. I've been going under center more and more, hard to adjust. I'm more afraid of DBs than fucking DEs in this game.

Couldn't get that wide sweep run either against AZ, it's a good run because it's one of those rare runs that you can cut back, so if outside isn't there you can cut back. Was locked up all game.

Awareness is a useless stat I've heard, especially for oline and runningbacks...

So how do the weeks work, we wait until everyone is done and then commish advances to the next week and we find our opponents on here or PSN?

we advance every 72 hours with no exceptions (ok, with very rare exceptions). i post matchups, next advancement date/time and players of the week when the new week advances

Key word is deception. I knew when AZ was going to run, would call one of 3 defenses and lock it up. On third and long I knew what was coming. Shotgun runs can be tough, as good as under center, but you leave yourself susceptible to the blitz.

The running backs don't flair out to stop those DBs from rushing you, they just don't, and when you're in the gun you're giving them a better angle to come in for the sack. Under center you can avoid some of that shit. I've been going under center more and more, hard to adjust. I'm more afraid of DBs than fucking DEs in this game.

Couldn't get that wide sweep run either against AZ, it's a good run because it's one of those rare runs that you can cut back, so if outside isn't there you can cut back. Was locked up all game.

Unfortunately I only have 3 total formations I believe that aren't shotgun/pistol. Maybe I should try using a different one.

Nightz

GG man. That was a pick fest. My QB's confidence is shot after the last game so he was missing passes he usually makes. Your D is tough though.

I was definitely thinking you were going to pull the comeback off. You probably would have scored if you had run a play instead of a spike.

eznark

Banned
I knew it Welli!

I used to listen to podcasts basically 24/7. Now that I'm into audible, and every video game podcast sucks, I listen to far less.

Effectively Wild
The Federalist Society
WSJ This Morning
HBR Idea Cast
Cato Event (daily is trash)
By The Way In Conversation
Freakonomics
Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders
Free Thoughts from Libertarianism.org
Baseball America
Econ Talk
Tuesday's with Aaron
RAND congressional brief
Lawrenceburg High School podcast
Three Moves Ahead
giant bomb
Player one podcast

A lot of those are sort of "event" podcasts so they are infrequent. Effectively Wild is really the only one I am religious about.

eznark

Banned
Majoras Mask is the only Zelda game I've never played. Barely scratched the surface but seems cool. Why is the queen fairy a giant naked witch?

Top Bottom