• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

JABEE

giphy.gif
Brother, we're here for you. I have my CE on order.

Let's all support Splat!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man its a bummer that kirby game seems pretty plain compared to the DS one. Because the clay aesthetic it has looks fucking beautiful.

BigAT

Too Human

Not that it wasn't already ridiculous before this, but at least in that case the developer was on the forum actively antagonizing people. It doesn't excuse it, but it's at least somewhat of a reason.

I really don't get the Order stuff in the least. It somehow became this thing where people inexplicably lost their god damn minds every time any little thing about the game happened. Even if the game is mediocre or worse, who gives a shit? Middling and bad games get released all the time, it happens. I don't know how The Order got this massive target on its back where if its not the savior of humanity in video game form people need to be personally offended.

eznark

Banned
True. It's bizarre as fuck.

Also too human "earned" some of the hate for cutting back on features. Still a wonderful game though.

JABEE

True. It's bizarre as fuck.

Also too human "earned" some of the hate for cutting back on features. Still a wonderful game though.
Also, Dyack went on EGM Live and tried to make Mark MacDonald cry. He then went on 1UP Yours and talked a bunch of shit.

BigAT

Yeah, I actually liked a lot of Too Human. Although it kind of just made it more painful to see the clearly missing aspects that prevented it from being a great game.

Not that it wasn't already ridiculous before this, but at least in that case the developer was on the forum actively antagonizing people. It doesn't excuse it, but it's at least somewhat of a reason.

I really don't get the Order stuff in the least. It somehow became this thing where people inexplicably lost their god damn minds every time any little thing about the game happened. Even if the game is mediocre or worse, who gives a shit? Middling and bad games get released all the time, it happens. I don't know how The Order got this massive target on its back where if its not the savior of humanity in video game form people need to be personally offended.

XB1 fanboys smelling blood in water?

At least that's how I saw the majoirty of the lead up and the "concern" everytime the game poped up.

Man its a bummer that kirby game seems pretty plain compared to the DS one. Because the clay aesthetic it has looks fucking beautiful.

Yeah I'll probably still get it and Yoshi no matter how the reviews for it is either cause I love the way both of them look.

SickBoy

Is LJ still the Rams coach? I should be able to play tomorrow before the advance...

Regarding the rest of this season, I posted earlier in the thread that my plan is to leave at the end of the year. That hasn't really changed. If someone is lined up to take over, I'm happy to let go of the team now so they can get a couple of games in with the existing roster and they can get a better sense of what needs to be done (I think I got the team out of cap hell in the offseason, with some obvious compromises).

The reason I'm bowing out now has nothing to do with the league itself -- I've had a lot of fun, even though I'm sucking this year -- but I find it a little frustrating to schedule games right now, and my schedule is only getting worse... sometime in the coming season, I'll have regular plans for four nights a week and I don't think I want that headache. Just keep me posted as to the solution.

I think there are all sorts of system war hopes and dreams attached to it -- so many people hyping themselves up for it and anticipating it will be the best game ever... and I'm sure up until recently, many people hoping it falls flat. I've been cautiously optimistic -- had it preordered from Best Buy Canada's E3 sale (30% off preorders) -- and in light of the current fiasco, I have no idea what to expect.

I'd be happy with "Gears of War With Moustaches." In fact, maybe happier ;)

Is LJ still the Rams coach? I should be able to play tomorrow before the advance...

Regarding the rest of this season, I posted earlier in the thread that my plan is to leave at the end of the year. That hasn't really changed. If someone is lined up to take over, I'm happy to let go of the team now so they can get a couple of games in with the existing roster and they can get a better sense of what needs to be done (I think I got the team out of cap hell in the offseason, with some obvious compromises).

The reason I'm bowing out now has nothing to do with the league itself -- I've had a lot of fun, even though I'm sucking this year -- but I find it a little frustrating to schedule games right now, and my schedule is only getting worse... sometime in the coming season, I'll have regular plans for four nights a week and I don't think I want that headache. Just keep me posted as to the solution.

I think there are all sorts of system war hopes and dreams attached to it -- so many people hyping themselves up for it and anticipating it will be the best game ever... and I'm sure up until recently, many people hoping it falls flat. I've been cautiously optimistic -- had it preordered from Best Buy Canada's E3 sale (30% off preorders) -- and in light of the current fiasco, I have no idea what to expect.

I'd be happy with "Gears of War With Moustaches." In fact, maybe happier ;)

wtf! we're only playing 1 more season after this but i suppose if you can't fit it into your schedule then we'll have to deal with it. hate to see you go though :(

Has GAF gaming always been this bad? I joined a few years ago and have really only been around sometime before the new generation was announced, and I don't remember the toxicity of this levels when I was first around.

Step into the past and judge for yourself.

It has always had fan boy tiffs, but the site grew at an exponential rate for awhile around the start of the PS3/360/Wii generation and that's where a lot of the astroturf wars began.

SickBoy

wtf! we're only playing 1 more season after this but i suppose if you can't fit it into your schedule then we'll have to deal with it. hate to see you go though :(

Yeah, problem is that my schedule isn't changing (two nights a week of sports), plus both my kids have activities on two of the other nights -- when those start up, I'm pretty much booked solid Monday-Thursday. I can hang on to the team for as long as needed, but I've already been having a harder time scheduling games and it sure isn't going to get better (that may mean a fair bit of AP is needed as next season develops... but not necessarily early in the year)

Yeah, problem is that my schedule isn't changing (two nights a week of sports), plus both my kids have activities on two of the other nights -- when those start up, I'm pretty much booked solid Monday-Thursday. I can hang on to the team for as long as needed, but I've already been having a harder time scheduling games and it sure isn't going to get better (that may mean a fair bit of AP is needed as next season develops... but not necessarily early in the year)

nah you probably have little free time as it is. we can find someone. if you could finish the final game that would be cool. hope to see you back in madden '16 bro jackson!

Gg nightz. Sorry for the fuckball late in the fourth. Your O became unstoppable in the second half and The last warp speed int kind of put me over the edge.

brentech

Too Human stuff happened right before I joined. People were still talking about it like it was the most relevant thing ever. I probably didn't even post but a couple times my first year here.
Really opened up inside the GT5 official thread and subsequently the GT5 league threads. Didn't realize GAF had an off-topic area with sports threads, basically an NFL thread in my case, until a year and half later.

Coming from Gametrailers forums, and every forum prior to that, I avoided offtopic areas like the plague..... just never dawned on me to look there. And now it's the mess that it is.

But yea, I missed a lot of the crazier shit on these boards.

Nightz

GG Drizz. Yeah that last pick looked weird seeing how fast my safety ran to the ball. I didn't want to do it but I pumped confidence into my QB this week. He had like 2 confidence before game prep and kept missing some easy passes the past 2 games. Connected on some nice deep balls today.

Smokey

quote:
Looks ok for Quake. I count full 5 colors in all of the screens posted here added together. Impressive, that's one more then last time I played it on PC

Hehehehe, I must learn to become more subtle in my beliefs of the.......shortcomings in Q3A!

------------------
Accepting NFL2K1 challenges 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

NFL2K1 handle: mrbob2k1

http://www.classicgaming.com/ninjagaiden

lmao this clown

Ferny

Good game Ferny. I'm guessing you're dealing with that low confidence bullshit. Seemed like madden was fuckin you with all those whiffed blocks

Yeah it was pretty terrible. Plus Geno was just not throwing exactly where he was suppose to but that's nothing new. Good defense man.

Mrbob

That makes me feel old. I've been here too long.

But since I'm here gotta suggest the new show I'm watching, Sirens. Legit funny.

Top Bottom