• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

God damn, when the internet smells blood it's all over.

I hope Sony greenlights a sequel, all that work on that engine to be shut down would be a waste of talent and time.

TheCrow

Where's that notail "go full retard" quote when I need it. At least telltale doesn't pull any punches with their interactive movies.
Plus they are priced appropriately.

eznark

Banned
Wait, you never had any issues with Telltale games? I find that difficult to believe. Only system I haven't played a telltale game on is the xbox one, and on all of them there were serious frame rate, loading and slowdown issues. Particularly in Walking Dead. Tales from the Borderlands is the first one where everything seemed pretty much fine.

eznark

Banned
I'm still grabbing the game splat. Hell it's being reviewed like Knack and Knack is the best non-Nintendo console exclusive of this gen so far!

Mrbob

I feel RAD just got caught up in trying to create a spectacle since they were moving up to the big league. Hopefully they don't get sent back to the minor league. Make a game next time instead of an interactive cinematic experience. I know they can do it, the God of War PSP games are legit.

I'll still buy it though to support Splat.

TheCrow

I ran into a few of those issues but I don't really care about that in Telltale's games. Now if that would happen during a dota game then I would be up in arms. The only issue I was worried about was the lost save files.

One time Clementine was invisible. That was hilarious.

eznark

Banned
I ran into a few of those issues but I don't really care about that in Telltale's games. Now if that would happen during a dota game then I would be up in arms. The only issue I was worried about was the lost save files.

One time Clementine was invisible. That was hilarious.

They bugged me a lot more in those games because they tried so damn hard to make you forget you were playing a video game (by removing all gameplay for example) yet were still unable to make it run even halfway decently.

I played that free first episode of Wolf Among Us on iPad though, then I felt less bad. Holy fuck that shit hardly even ran.

Smokey

Shit happens. Game doesn't turn out the best. Ok. Learn from it and apply it to your next game. Think Bob said it could be this gens uncharted 1. It could be.

The literal losers on gaming side that are waiting for mom to make them breakfast while F5ing for any new Order hate are lame as fuck.

eznark

Banned
Splat your game is getting reviewed twice as favorably as Hot Tub Time Machine 2! That was probably one of your bonus clauses right?

TheCrow

Shit happens. Game doesn't turn out the best. Ok. Learn from it and apply it to your next game. Think Bob said it could be this gens uncharted 1. It could be.

The literal losers on gaming side that are waiting for mom to make them breakfast while F5ing for any new Order hate are lame as fuck.
Or it could be this gen'a fusion frenzy. Only time will tell.

TheCrow

They bugged me a lot more in those games because they tried so damn hard to make you forget you were playing a video game (by removing all gameplay for example) yet were still unable to make it run even halfway decently.

I played that free first episode of Wolf Among Us on iPad though, then I felt less bad. Holy fuck that shit hardly even ran.

That's understandable since it breaks the illusion.

Nowadays I find myself being interested in games that just focus on either gameplay or story. For example, I'm excited for Bloodbourne even though I have no idea what its actually about. Same goes for the telltale game of thrones and borderlands titles. Like rors said earlier, I just skip cutscenes in most games now. Just shut up and let me play.

Becoming Blitz Games seems like a fate worse than death. How could you!
omg they did sneak king. My mom was working at burger king at the time and she brought like 10 copies of each game one night. Unfortunately I actually opened and played them all.

edit: I don't mean I played each one of the 10 copies. I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy. Not even on he who must not be named.
mastershake

TheCrow

I'll just leave this here...

order_score.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

sIkk4xd.jpg

Same applies.

TheCrow

A game like Far Cry 4 not allowing me to drove me up a wall

Especially since that game seems perfect for just dropping you in a world and letting you do whatever you want. Just set up a system of mechanics that revolve around the players actions and let the player loose. Yes it'll probably be janky since the game won't be as directed but at least it'll lead to more interesting encounters that feel unique to the player. I know emergent gameplay is a buzz word now but it can still lead to some of the most memorable moments in gaming. And it doesn't have to be a scripted event that every player sits through.

eznark

Banned
Frozen Cortex (formerly Frozen Endzone) is out on steam today. I never really was able to get into it but it's Frozen Synapse with a football layer. It seemed fun but I got into a real early build and there were a lot of issues.

brentech

Especially since that game seems perfect for just dropping you in a world and letting you do whatever you want. Just set up a system of mechanics that revolve around the players actions and let the player loose. Yes it'll probably be janky since the game won't be as directed but at least it'll lead to more interesting encounters that feel unique to the player. I know emergent gameplay is a buzz word now but it can still lead to some of the most memorable moments in gaming. And it doesn't have to be a scripted event that every player sits through.

I'm okay with it having cutscenes (some people may want that, I didn't), but I couldn't exit out of a strong majority of that shit. Couldn't tell if it was using the cutscene to load a mission or what, it really didn't seem like it though.

eznark

Banned
I'm ok with unskippable cut scenes for a first play through. These clowns are trying to provide a crafted story and experience, fine.

No fucking excuse for a game like Destiny though.

TheCrow

Yeah, the length of the order is actually a huge plus. It's just everything else that is an issue. And unskippable cut scenes just give me time to find another game in my steam liberary to load up.

brentech

I'm ok with unskippable cut scenes for a first play through. These clowns are trying to provide a crafted story and experience, fine.

No fucking excuse for a game like Destiny though.
Yea. Farcry just isn't the series for it. Uncharted it works great.

Top Bottom