• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Mrbob

Darkest Dungeon is pretty good.

Though I've been sucked in again by Hyrule Warriors. Three DLC packs have released with a bunch of new stuff plus Koei/Omega Force created plenty of free updates. Game is much improved since release.

BigAT

I don't know why anyone would want to play Darkest Dungeon, AKA the worst thing mankind has ever created:

Who recommended me Darkest Dungeon now again? Probably the worst, imbalanced piece of shit I've managed to spend my time with in the past decade.

0/10 and will literally do my best in order to make as few people as possible buy this turd.

McNei1y

This day sucks. Some idiot tried to peer into a lane without looking in the mirror to see if it was clear and she hits me. Dealing with a car accident in the freezing cold is miserable.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQ, if it advances after like 9:30 ET I won't be able to play tonight. Best day for me is Saturday at pretty much any time. Tomorrow night early works for me (can play between 5 and 7).

This day sucks. Some idiot tried to peer into a lane without looking in the mirror to see if it was clear and she hits me. Dealing with a car accident in the freezing cold is miserable.

Sorry McNeilbro.

BigAT

That sucks. Get some pizza after you're done with all of that, you deserve it.

eznark

Banned
noS43Nw.jpg

Can't wait for Gamepur awards

Me and GQ are playing tonight, I just asked him if we could do it around 7:15ish CT in case we are the last

I might be able to go earlier but we shall see

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
B-OmplXCUAAr9dE.jpg:large

so jealous Welli

Bahahaha. He wishes he was as handsome as me.

I don't have the time to make and market it for this year but I wanted to put together a website together for the draft. A 200 or so player list of the prospects that should be drafted this season and in Fantasy style format I wanted to have the end user go through and keep track of the whole thing, like make their picks and then the next best players available slide down and shit..... I don't know. It's a half baked idea but everyone loves following the draft and doing mock drafts. There has to be a good way to capitalize on it and make it more interactive.

eznark

Banned

I don't have the time to make and market it for this year but I wanted to put together a website together for the draft. A 200 or so player list of the prospects that should be drafted this season and in Fantasy style format I wanted to have the end user go through and keep track of the whole thing, like make their picks and then the next best players available slide down and shit..... I don't know. It's a half baked idea but everyone loves following the draft and doing mock drafts. There has to be a good way to capitalize on it and make it more interactive.

Make a better walterfootball and I'll be there day 1.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Make a better walterfootball and I'll be there day 1.

Yep. That's exactly who I want to rip off ape model the site after. I also like the ring of WelterFootball.com

The hurdles for me are

1) How can I evaluate or rank all of the players

2) How can I make it interactive enough for people? I get bored during fantasy drafts and that's 8-14 people, not 32.

3) I'd like to show BPAs and also best fits along side them each time a team is up to draft. That is going to take enormous research.

Like I said, half baked for now.I think if I could hire one or two guys that actually watch CFB to put together cutups or scouting reports, I'd be in good shape.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hire LJ to provide the content, you do the bizdev

Not hire, I would like to have LJ and Futurevoid as partners.

I get that you guys think I am nuts but there is a niche for it and with the proper execution, it can be very successful.

If you have nothing to listen to for like an hour, check out this podcast: http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/teachers-online-business-shane-jocelyn-sams/

The dude went from a high school football coach to now running coachxo.com and pulling in six figures a month.

eznark

Banned
I don't think you're nuts at all. You need a web guy though, if you seriously want to keep it in GAF reach out to Bucket. He's a fucking wizard.

The place where Walter fails is in presentation. You get something slick out there and people will flock to it. Garbage content sites like 538 and Vox are killing it with style > substance.

So it's like a fantasy draft of the draft? I'm confused. Or is it just a website to use during the draft? To show you what each team is thinking about?

TIL that eznark has a twitter account.

I follow eznark on twitter, he is very informative and insightful.

horse.gif

Yep. That's exactly who I want to rip off ape model the site after. I also like the ring of WelterFootball.com

The hurdles for me are

1) How can I evaluate or rank all of the players

2) How can I make it interactive enough for people? I get bored during fantasy drafts and that's 8-14 people, not 32.

3) I'd like to show BPAs and also best fits along side them each time a team is up to draft. That is going to take enormous research.

Like I said, half baked for now.I think if I could hire one or two guys that actually watch CFB to put together cutups or scouting reports, I'd be in good shape.

I was speaking with some other sports fan friends about how sites like Fangraphs and SportsRef have awesome data but shit presentation and no usability on mobile, and it seems like if you could find a way to make it easier to look at and reference advanced sports data (especially on mobile) you would probably be on to something.

JABEE

Sounds like a great idea.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nothing of value will be lost.

Making the off topic community forum was the worst move possible. Of course those threads are going to turn insular when you separate them from the main forums.

Ferny

I don't visit those threads as this one is really the only GAF thread I visit daily, and then I browse OT for random stuff to read, but why do they just kill big community threads like that? Why not just have a stronger moderation policy for community threads instead?

CB3

the NBA trade deadline was nuts. Almost makes me want to run a season in 2k.

Almost!
Piece of shit game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So it's like a fantasy draft of the draft? I'm confused. Or is it just a website to use during the draft? To show you what each team is thinking about?

I am not clear on the vision yet.

What I want is a site where end users can execute mock drafts, complete with writeups, our own rankings, and maybe even video clips if I can get away with it.

Every football forum I have ever been to has guys attempting a mock draft.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't visit those threads as this one is really the only GAF thread I visit daily, and then I browse OT for random stuff to read, but why do they just kill big community threads like that? Why not just have a stronger moderation policy for community threads instead?

There's no way to select a mod just for one thread.

CB3

They should make me mod for this thread.

All non dota talk is banned except for a one hour period each day

Ferny

There's no way to select a mod just for one thread.

No, I mean create a stricter policy for the whole sub forum. I get creating small communities is going to have differing conversations happen in the life of a thread, especially during the offseason of a sports thread...but there is a ton of WAAAAY crazy stuff up in those threads half the time.

Top Bottom