• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

SickBoy

Sickboy, can play right now if you want.

Apologies, work was insane the last two days. Think I've eaten 3 times total....lol

It's all good, much more a problem for you than me :)

I can play in about 10 if you're kicking around... will fire up the PS4 then. Just have a couple of quick things to take care of.

GQman2121

Banned
Gq I don't know where you went but I really can't wait around much longer I got some work I gotta do cause I'm going out of town tomorrow

I put myself on AP but I'll wait around for about ten more minutes

I just signed in. Sorry for the confusion earlier. I've been in surgery with four dogs today and we went way late.

I mentioned it in my PM, but I had west coast time on my mind earlier when I agreed to play at 7CT. Sorry.

I just signed in. Sorry for the confusion earlier. I've been in surgery with four dogs today and we went way late.

I mentioned it in my PM, but I had west coast time on my mind earlier when I agreed to play at 7CT. Sorry.
Hey its all good . Just go ahead and nail the cpu...still got stuff to take care of and pack

Also I'm not embarrassed cause I never really listen to music but I was playing this one song and I just now learned that this Kashmir song was done by led Zeppelin

And I only recognize the beginning anyways

LJ11

Good game sickboy, you deserved the W.

First half killed me, but me D was shit tonight. Couldn't get a stop when it mattered.

SickBoy

Wow, gg LJ. I didn't expect that result at all (and moreover, was really surprised to jump out to a sizeable lead).

That said, I felt like a chump on the pick six. I felt like you were well out of position and I could zip it in there. Guess not... (looking back on the replay, by the time Smith releases, the play is doomed. I should've taken a sack).

...and the terrible angles my guys took on that go-ahead touchdown (I take full credit for missing several tackles this game, but that play was all on CPU D). To be honest, that might have played in my favour because obviously I needed every damn second I had for that final drive (I also desperately needed that five yards on the previous play -- even 45 yards is a pretty tough kick with my kicker).

LJ11

I got FMT on the same exact route earlier in the year for a pick too. I try to give you some space and think you have it and then jump it.

I had two big user plays to make, one on 3rd and long near the end of the half, I knew you were going to Graham, and I never got deep enough with my LB, and then on that last drive to the back in space out in the flat. I wanted you to think you had it and I would chase it down, but you got me with it.

SickBoy

I got FMT on the same exact route earlier in the year for a pick too. I try to give you some space and think you have it and then jump it.

I had two big user plays to make, one on 3rd and long near the end of the half, I knew you were going to Graham, and I never got deep enough with my LB, and then on that last drive to the back in space out in the flat. I wanted you to think you had it and I would chase it down, but you got me with it.

Ha, if that was me, I would give you some space, then I'd probably run towards the line of scrimmage and give up a touchdown. I don't play coverage much -- I'm alright at it, but I don't have the stick skills to be sneaky like that.

That flat pass - I knew you were trying to bait it, but it still felt like the safest route I could see, so I lobbed it and tried to lead it as much as I could without throwing it into the crowd. My first instinct there was to zip it... but would've been a bad idea, I'm sure.

was it on the slot comeback? :(

LJ11

was it on the slot comeback? :(
That little stick route, you know the one. Slot for you, TE for him.

I just couldn't get into a rhythm in the first half. I block my RB a lot on PA plays and I had to throw out play after play. Would have zero affect on the CPU AI, know it for a fact. I went to Trip Y HB Wk to start and slot dual backs to get it moving. Is what it is.

im about to vance but GQ is finishing up against the CPU so as soon as he's done ill vance it. thankfully i always check before i sim any games to see if anyone is currently playing! can you imagine if i simmed it and the ravens lost and he missed the playoffs? that seems like something i would do

Week 17

Next vance date: Sunday @ 9:45 pst

Games:

Packers @ Eagles - DOTA GAME OF THE WEEK
Browns @ Redskins
Steelers (thomasbk) @ Patriots
Ravens @ Giants - FMT GAME OF THE WEEK
Cardinals @ Saints
Cowboys @ Bears
49ers @ Panthers
Seahawks @ Rams
Colts @ Texans
Jets @ Dolphins
Falcons @ Raiders
Chiefs @ Chargers
Jags @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Titans @ Vikings
Bucs @ Broncos

NFC OPOTW: Stevan Ridley (Vikings) - 26 carries, 211 yards, 2 TD
NFC DPOTW: D. Nicholas (Redskins) - 5 tackles, 3 int, 1 TD

AFC OPOTW: Ladarius Cooper (Chiefs) - 14 rec, 136 yards, 2 TD
AFC DPOTW: Terrell Suggs (Ravens) - 6 tackles, 5 sacks

AFC Playoff teams (confirmed to have clinched):
1. Chargers - Clinched #1 seed
2. Raiders - clinched at least a playoff spot
3. Chiefs - clinched at least a playoff spot

for afc north, i'm not sure how the game doesn't show the ravens have clinched the afc north yet. they are a game up on the browns and have a better conference record but who knows.

afc south i dont know, texans would need to lose and then its a tie between the titans/texans who split season series and would then have identical conference records.

AFC east, as with the afc north, im not sure why the game doesn't recognize the pats as having clinched. up a game on the bills and swept the bills. but we'll see!

NFC Playoff teams (confirmed to have clinched):
1. Giants - clinched at least a playoff spot. will clinch #1 or #2 seed with a win vs. the ravens. i don't know who gets the #1 seed if both the cards and giants win since they didn't play each other and have identical conference record
2. Cards - same
3. Eagles - probably locked into the #5 seed. cannot overtake the division due to split with giants, identical division record but worse conference record
4. buccaneers - clinched division and #3 seed, could drop to 4 seed maybe
5. bears - clinched division could move up to 3 seed maybe

only spot open in the NFC will go to the rams or 49ers. rams get in with a win and 49ers lose. 49ers will get in if they win or both teams lose

Not sure how the game has Nightz clinching the division. If he loses and I win this week, we'll end up tied. We split the division series, but I would have a better division record. Am I missing something?

Not sure how the game has Nightz clinching the division. If he loses and I win this week, we'll end up tied. We split the division series, but I would have a better division record. Am I missing something?

Yeah and I thought I would have it if you lost and I won since I would have swept the Chargers.

LegoDad

Lol, was just making a statement that adding him was a pain, didn't think you would all get hurt over it. Lol.

Greg just let me know what works for you, I'm usually available around 9pm CST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Third divisional tiebreaker is common games. CB lost to Bob and one other guy who I'm not sure of, I lost to AZ, so I should have at least 1 up in common games.

I fully expect to lose and be the #5 seed at 13-3.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK I checked.

I lost to AZ and CB

CB lost to DM, Bob, and me.

The only common game in the bunch is Bob.

There are 12 total common games between us, 4 from the AFC North, 4 from the NFC North, and 4 from our divisional rivals.

I am currently 11-0 in those games. He is 10-1. We both have a common game left. If he wins against ez and when I lose against GQ, we will have tied common record.

It would then go to the 4th tie breaker which would be conference record. I should have the advantage there regardless.

So if Madden tiebreakers are how they're supposed to be, I should have clinched the division already.

Thankfully it's not going to SoV

Top Bottom