• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

It said connection to your peer has been lost and when I got into the menu it said ea servers not available

I can't view my friends list

And my internet was acting strange

Now it says I lost my psn connection

rinse82

It said connection to your peer has been lost and when I got into the menu it said ea servers not available

I can't view my friends list

And my internet was acting strange

Now it says I can't connect to the server?!

Weird, I'm still connected

rinse82

I randomly lost connection to EA Servers while I was waiting for you, still connected to PSN though. Lets hope it doesn't happen during the game...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gg. I love that my best lineman got injured for 22 weeks in a sim game. Not that it matters.

GG that was an insane first half and then a snoozefest second. I wouldn't have gotten anything done except my 2nd year WR Karl Russel decided he didn't want to get tackled or pressed at the LOS. That was bizarre considering how shitty he was before that game.

McNei1y

Yeah. I just couldn't do anything on either side. I knew you were running outside most of the time yet I couldn't budge against your line. And then on offense, I coulint get more than a yard on the ground. I looked like a peewee football team out there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah. I just couldn't do anything on either side. I knew you were running outside most of the time yet I couldn't budge against your line. And then on offense, I coulint get more than a yard on the ground. I looked like a peewee football team out there.

Huh? You were crushing me inside so I had to run outside. You were pinching your LBs.

McNei1y

Huh? You were crushing me inside so I had to run outside. You were pinching your LBs.

I mean I was doing that but I feel if you attempted another time or two, you probably would've busted a huge run. I feel like MY confidence level on my play right now is 0. Why can't I get a game plan confidence boost.

It's disappointing how my run game has suffered as the years gone on. I was third in the run game in the first season and now I can't even break 20 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I mean I was doing that but I feel if you attempted another time or two, you probably would've busted a huge run. I feel like MY confidence level on my play right now is 0. Why can't I get a game plan confidence boost.

It's disappointing how my run game has suffered as the years gone on. I was third in the run game in the first season and now I can't even break 20 yards.

A couple of things:

You shouldn't compare our successes and failures in the run game. This past off-season I spent 5 picks and got 1 FA between the OL and the DL.

It has paid off for me in the sens that my DL have pretty high STR and will shed blocks to stop runs in all directions. I ran the 5-2 against you and had no issue stopping you.

Same with OL. I only run certain run play styles as well.

You NEVER ran with RG3 and you never did anything to make me stop heading straight upfield with my DL. You need to start doing that.

You never took the top off my defense. Notice how many deep routes I ran to pull you off the LOS.

McNei1y

A couple of things:

You shouldn't compare our successes and failures in the run game. This past off-season I spent 5 picks and got 1 FA between the OL and the DL.

It has paid off for me in the sens that my DL have pretty high STR and will shed blocks to stop runs in all directions. I ran the 5-2 against you and had no issue stopping you.

Same with OL. I only run certain run play styles as well.

You NEVER ran with RG3 and you never did anything to make me stop heading straight upfield with my DL. You need to start doing that.

You never took the top off my defense. Notice how many deep routes I ran to pull you off the LOS.

I never compared our run games. My run game is straight up abysmal. I'm just speaking out loud about my success. The line just deteriorates even though I keep drafting new OL and DL.

And its kind of hard to run with RGIII when you're in the backfield right when I snap it.

Good points though. I'll mess with that stuff whenever I get back this weekend.

Gg! Tsizzle d/cs the first game while up 14 with the ball and 2 minutes left in the half. The next game Osweiler goes 5/9 for 32 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT. Reeves ran for a 101 but the only reason I won was Roby had a 53 yd pick 6, Talib had a 70 yd pick 6, and Talib had another INT he ran for 63 yds before being tackled on the 4.

Good game bowser, that bomb at the end of the half was such bs!! Lol that fuckin play broke me man. I was still in it afterwards but I just kept thinking about how your qb just shook my linebacker off like a ragdoll. I guess Khalil Mack isn't really superman :(

DJ Bowser

GG, Pete. The score really is not indicative of how you played. Up until you were down big in the 4th, I'd say you played better than I did, I just had the fortune of your guys dropping a pick or two on almost every drive.

The TY Jelly connection for the 70 yard TD to end the half kept me from losing my confidence. When the turnovers began it seemed to snowball. Your passing game is fierce.

Good game bowser, that bomb at the end of the half was such bs!! Lol that fuckin play broke me man. I was still in it afterwards but I just kept thinking about how your qb just shook my linebacker off like a ragdoll. I guess Khalil Mack isn't really superman :(

It's kind of fitting. The same thing happened to me against Crimson 2 games ago, his QB shook off my blitzing LB on 3rd down and threw a TD to go ahead and kill my spirit. The Madden Gods are fickle hoes.

DJ Bowser

Thanks, Soka for partially fixing a problem you created while profiting from it. You're the American diplomacy of this league.

These colors don't run!

SickBoy

gg DCX, and thanks for tracking me down. My schedule's pretty tough/complicated these days, so getting the game in tonight was probably best.

I think you got a little unlucky early with drives stalling out, and I managed was able to take just enough of what your D was giving to keep moving. Also got away with a couple of riskier passes in the first half.

First game Alex Smith has felt like a real quarterback... but my rookie kicker is terrible. Nailed the meter perfectly and a 48-yarder just squeaked in. He may not be any better (or possibly worse), but I'll still take him over last year's Suisham, any day.

Sokantish

Well of course I understand, I'm always rooting for Greg even when its against me. But sometimes I feel like you're rooting against me instead of rooting for Greg!

BigAT

JR Smith took more shots than Lebron last night in the Cavs loss.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I never compared our run games. My run game is straight up abysmal. I'm just speaking out loud about my success. The line just deteriorates even though I keep drafting new OL and DL.

And its kind of hard to run with RGIII when you're in the backfield right when I snap it.

Good points though. I'll mess with that stuff whenever I get back this weekend.

My mistake dawg

You never gave me incentive to stop blitzing you, of course I was in the backfield all game.

You never gave me any reason to spy RG3 either so I just kept sending the guy I would have hot'd to spy.

I can also never get into the backfield with JPP on a pass play unless I overload that side with a blitz. I end up getting doubled a fair amount and the blitzer prevents it.

There are designed PA rollouts and stuff like that that you could take advantage to get RG3 out in space and turn them into essentially a QB sweep.

I might have to bust out Brandon Kay against Birdman with all this scrambling QB talk.

DCX

DCX
gg DCX, and thanks for tracking me down. My schedule's pretty tough/complicated these days, so getting the game in tonight was probably best.

I think you got a little unlucky early with drives stalling out, and I managed was able to take just enough of what your D was giving to keep moving. Also got away with a couple of riskier passes in the first half.

First game Alex Smith has felt like a real quarterback... but my rookie kicker is terrible. Nailed the meter perfectly and a 48-yarder just squeaked in. He may not be any better (or possibly worse), but I'll still take him over last year's Suisham, any day.
Gg bro. It was tough having my drives stall like they did. Pratter is 99 kp and missed a 55 harder with full power so idk what is going on.

You played great D, when I had time to pass your lbs hot great depth in their assignments and always seemed to deflect the pass..other times Ryan found himself on his back.

Tiger and Julio contained!

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gg bro. It was tough having my drives stall like they did. Pratter is 99 kp and missed a 55 harder with full power so idk what is going on.

You played great D, when I had time to pass your lbs hot great depth in their assignments and always seemed to deflect the pass..other times Ryan found himself on his back.

Tiger and Julio contained!

DCX

I get Sickboy next and he won our last game 3-0. I am not excited to have to face that defense again.

BigAT

It's a shame that Punch Out is available in Europe but not the US. It's the only one of those games that I don't already own.

eznark

Banned
It's a shame that Punch Out is available in Europe but not the US. It's the only one of those games that I don't already own.

For $12.50 I'll buy them all. And the sweet sweet major as mask 3ds!

Didn't see that punch out wasn't coming to us that sucks. Spotty Internet at ball state what a shitty town Muncie is.

rinse82

The new OL is paying off - Roos has been a rock and rookies Swope and Kitchen are really improving my run game.

Too bad I got LJ and then Az next.

brentech

God damn Madden. Wanted to play an offline game this morning and it loads me like first launch, for like the 10th time and I have to see all this tutorial shit.

Top Bottom