• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Oh man I just noticed you finally got a 49ers avatar back FMT, when did the old bet finally lapse, after the superbowl?

I never had a bet. I cursed the seachickens with my cheatin pete avatar then showed my gratitude to Tom Tom for a week.

Now I just want to go back to 2011.... a simpler, more innocent time!

Somnia

I am still not sure why anyone would even think to have taken that request seriously let alone donate money to a known drug addict.

He was a semi-well known mod asking for help, nothing on these boards shock me. Have you seen what people donate to on kickstarter?

Imagine the money you could have raised with a story back in your day!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I never had a bet. I cursed the seachickens with my cheatin pete avatar then showed my gratitude to Tom Tom for a week.

Now I just want to go back to 2011.... a simpler, more innocent time!

Yep. Real simple

137577540_crop_650x440.jpeg

eznark

Banned
Hearthstone is amazing right now. That forefeit thing has accelerated as each class seems to have one single deck that works. Games are done by the 4th round.

Mrbob

It turned out ok. Kind of boring to have him though. Can't really upgrade a 99 rated player too much. I'd rather have guys from the draft. That was my big gain from this year. I started 8 players on defense I drafted from the first two years and many of them got fat XP bonuses in the off season. Except for my milestone XP which hasn't shown up yet. If I don't see it after the super bowl week is vanced I'll be salty.

He has high power moves and block shedding, so I might move him to DT this off season. My main issue was getting crushed up the middle on runs. Need a run stopping fatty to clog the middle.

brentech

Packers just cut hawk

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 37s38 seconds ago
#Packers GM Ted Thompson: “A.J. is a consummate Packer and we are grateful for all that he has given and how he represented the organization

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1m1 minute ago
#Packers have cut LB A.J. Hawk.

eznark

Banned
Packers just cut hawk

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 37s38 seconds ago
#Packers GM Ted Thompson: “A.J. is a consummate Packer and we are grateful for all that he has given and how he represented the organization

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1m1 minute ago
#Packers have cut LB A.J. Hawk.

Less gleeful than Jones about this one. For like, 30% of the cost he would have been useful as a depth piece. Still glad it happened but we have no ILB's now.

Gaming side love him again, he was forgiven apparently! (or it could be he's a bigger Sony warrior than Bob)

So Dez Bryant is campaigning super hard in order to become a NeoGAF moderator again?

He was a semi-well known mod asking for help, nothing on these boards shock me. Have you seen what people donate to on kickstarter?

Imagine the money you could have raised with a story back in your day!

Like people giving a small team $800k to make an MMO!

SmokeyTV: Here with Kerrick Doolittle, rookie phenom QB for the Texans. Kerrick how are you feeling today?

Kerrick Doolittle: Man I'm too turnt right now

STV: OK...How does it feel to play Super Bowl LI in the city you call home?

KD: It is a real blessing. You know not a lot of nig..I mean dudes are able to get to this point. For me to do it in year 1? And we are hosting the SB? Oh you know it's about to go dawn. South side, PA, 3RD ward, Dead End, Acres Homes I see y'all we in this bitch RIP Pimp C.

STV: As a rookie did you ever think this was possible?

KD: Nah. I thought I'd be spending most nights in the strip with my boy James Harden. But you know I put in work and eventually it paid off. I had a few struggles like the Chiefs for instance, but Coach Crimson ain't shit. He was sending me all kinds of messages after the game and I told myself I can't listen to this. I can't be like this. I will rise.

STV: I know you're close with your divisional opponents. Is that a little weird?

KD: Shoutout to my ninja Greg. Shoutout DJ Bowser. I ain't wanna give a shoutout to Soka because you know that guy is a witch. But it's all good shout out to Soka. AFC SOUTH.

STV: Any thoughts on your opponent in tonight's game?

KD: I mean I have tons of respect for FMT. He is a legend in the game and demands that you pay attention to the details. But you know I feel I was put on this Earth to eat. And I'm gonna eat.

STV: Thanks for your time Kerrick

KD: No problem. Fuk Wellie tho.

lol

Fuck Doolittle! Win it for Sean Smith, Smokey!

You guys read this piece on Madden ratings: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/

For instance, a 4.50-second time in the 40-yard dash will usually earn a prospect a speed rating of 89, barring particularly strong scouting comments about his fleetness of foot (or lack thereof).

I guess that puts Amari Cooper's 92 in to perspective.

Edit: it has a tool for finding your equivalent rating! A 4.0 40 yard dash is a 100 speed. Actually a 4.2 40 and up is a 100 speed on this tool. The only player in the modern era to run close to a 4.2 is Chris Johnson's 4.24.

brentech

You guys read this piece on Madden ratings: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/

read a decent bit of it today. hearing about the dice rolls is exactly as expected. I was making an browser MMA game in PHP some years ago, like 2007-2008, and that's exactly how I did it.

attributes modify a base number and then you roll against it for an outcome. Based on what we've seen over the years, it comes as no shock.

The part that the article DIDN'T hit on was kind of the more important stuff, which is which stats make a certain position play better. Been watching some videos recently, and I'm pretty set on STR not being a huge deal for o-line. I have a basic idea of how I will build most positions in the future. Only a couple I think I screwed up this year.

Playing some TLoU with a friend.

I'm done with it, Naughty Dog turned it into absolute shit with it's DLC weapons. A fucking crossbow that deals "Bleed" damage. WHO THE FUCK INTRODUCES A BRAND NEW GAME MECHANIC VIA DLC WEAPON?

A BURST HANDGUN? WHO'S FUCKING IDEA WAS IT TO PUT A BURST RIFLE AS A SECONDARY SLOT?

FUCK YOU NAUGHTY DOG, YOU RUINED MY FAVORITE ONLINE GAME.

EDIT: Semi auto shotgun tops everything I just said. Fucking shameful.

Ferny

I'm done with it, Naughty Dog turned it into absolute shit with it's DLC weapons. A fucking crossbow that deals "Bleed" damage. WHO THE FUCK INTRODUCES A BRAND NEW GAME MECHANIC VIA DLC WEAPON?

A BURST HANDGUN? WHO'S FUCKING IDEA WAS IT TO PUT A BURST RIFLE AS A SECONDARY SLOT?

Dude.... Somnia is going to come in here any minute and have a cow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey, I see the light, and I am cheering for you.

I'm still going to violate Doolittle next season. But that cheater FMT sets up a league for himself then boots everyone that can give him a challenge so that he can keep winning the SB. I'm on to him!

Smokey, I see the light, and I am cheering for you.

I'm still going to violate Doolittle next season. But that cheater FMT sets up a league for himself then boots everyone that can give him a challenge so that he can keep winning the SB. I'm on to him!

I can't seem to find a way to oust LJ!

Ps

6 surfer time is fine smokey

Somnia

EDIT: Semi auto shotgun tops everything I just said. Fucking shameful.

Careful you might get banned for making fun of TLOU =P

Rorschach

Careful you might get banned for making fun of TLOU =P

You brought it to an Evolve thread to counter the outrage for that game's DLC in a complete strawman post. Not saying you should have been banned, but you shouldn't have been surprised.

BigBoss is talking about the game after playing it in a community thread where we talk about MP games.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9107223

I don't think Donny is the only one who has worked on player stats over the years. This wasn't at all the side of things I was on when I worked on Madden, but I can think of at least one other person who also hacked on the player DB.
It's not clear that he has a "stranglehold". Sure, he does a singular, and important job. But that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't replaceable at that job.[/QUOTE]

The commenter who made that (and another comment on the article) is this guy: https://twitter.com/munificentbob who is a pretty awesome ex game programmer who used to work for EA.

LJ11

I can't seem to find a way to oust LJ!

Ps

6 surfer time is fine smokey

Blew that first game against you. Blew like 3 games and played 6 games with a 43 overall QB. Only lost once with him.

Also, I think manny Lawson may be the biggest sleeper manual defenders on the planet. His height and speed combo are killers, can lock up a lot.

Top Bottom