• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Mrbob

Is anyone else fairly happy with their current roster? I have no glaring needs right now after successfully resigning Matt Elam and developing two young CBs over last season. I'm going to field essentially the same 22 guys that I have the last two seasons.

Madden 16 I'm blowing everything up after the first season. My young guys are developing fairly fast. Mad at myself in retrospect for holding on with my old dudes in season 2. I could have been one year ahead of the curve. Live and learn!

I'm feeling pretty good about my overall roster right now. I still have a goal though to find at least 3 starters every draft. Hopefully my connection holds on Sunday, otherwise based CPU will have to put in the work for me.

DJ Bowser

Madden 16 I'm blowing everything up after the first season. My young guys are developing fairly fast. Mad at myself in retrospect for holding on with my old dudes in season 2. I could have been one year ahead of the curve. Live and learn!

I'm feeling pretty good about my overall roster right now. I still have a goal though to find at least 3 starters every draft. Hopefully my connection holds on Sunday, otherwise based CPU will have to put in the work for me.
Same. I wish I would have put more stock in the draft rather than trading my picks away, especially after seeing how my TE developed.

I'm the worst at drafting. I don't think anybody even knew there was such a thing as a slow development trait until I started drafting all of them lol

GQman2121

Banned
I feel the same way, Bob. I'm benching Flacco for Tyrod right from the jump next year as long as his base ratings are comparable to this years game.

The draft is a lot of fun though. Seeing those late round surprises after the draft is great. I just wish the menus and league history was easier to navigate. I mean the draft day info is completely lost once the league advances. It's so stupid, yet, not quite as stupid as not being able to see a players ratings in the free agent menu while bidding or having no practice option during the year with new players.

pls, save me

Signing in now. Prepare for the Fishering of a life time.

i3WHbhVGQY98l.png

Mrbob

Slow development trait isn't the end of the world. You can counteract this by purchasing a player position Game Prep XP package.

Mrbob

Or he can end up being defensive rookie of the year, get over 50K in XP bonuses, and go from being rated 66 to 82 over the course of one season. :D

Weekly XP goals kind of suck in the first place. That's the biggest detriment to having a "slow" developing player. Yearly and milestone goals are where it is at. This is where you get the big XP boosts. My "slow" development guy had the easiest yearly XP goal of all to achieve, and received the same potential max bonus of 15K I've seen available.

So mad at this game right now, I didn't know how the stupid resigning worked and now one of you fuckers are going to steel mathaeu from me. I'm going to go from 89 OVR to like 69 at FS

Mrbob

So mad at this game right now, I didn't know how the stupid resigning worked and now one of you fuckers are going to steel mathaeu from me. I'm going to go from 89 OVR to like 69 at FS

I have two 80 rated safeties I'm benching right now to play a young guy. I'll send one to you for a draft pick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone watching House of Cards today? I finally started but I have a Madden game in a few minutes. I plan on going all in tomorrow when I get home from volunteer work

Anyone watching House of Cards today? I finally started but I have a Madden game in a few minutes. I plan on going all in tomorrow when I get home from volunteer work

I'm definitely going to try to watch at least a couple episodes tonight. Last season was kinda eh, but I'll watch anything with Kevin Spacey

New retirements:

Evan Mathis (Eagles LG)
Michael Huff (FA Safety)

New signings:

Curtis Lofton - Saints
Montee Ball - Lions
DJ Smith - Lions
Karlos Dansby - Patriots
Sharrif Floyd - Broncos
Tramon Williams - Texans
Leon Hall - Saints

brentech

It's probbaly not some killer issue. But Dansby dropped like 8 speed before this season played. And another 6 at the end of season. I couldn't keep him with all that even though he played real well this season. I did user him a lot though.

florida drivers are garbage.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
New retirements:

Evan Mathis (Eagles LG)
Michael Huff (FA Safety)

New signings:

Curtis Lofton - Saints
Montee Ball - Lions
DJ Smith - Lions
Karlos Dansby - Patriots
Sharrif Floyd - Broncos
Tramon Williams - Texans
Leon Hall - Saints

Honestly just advance this shit again, Nobody cares about this fucking period.

WHAT'S THE ANGLE?!

I am recruiting new league members.

It took a lot of help aside from my own parents to help raise me and I recognize that. Saturdays I volunteer on a number of kid related activities. Tomorrow I am helping to educate kids on healthy eating. Sometimes I help with math and reading, other times physical fitness. Just showing up helps IMO. You'd be surprised how few kids have positive male role models in their lives. It's just my way of giving back

It's probbaly not some killer issue. But Dansby dropped like 8 speed before this season played. And another 6 at the end of season. I couldn't keep him with all that even though he played real well this season. I did user him a lot though.

florida drivers are garbage.
You mean Canadian drivers are garbage.

eznark

Banned
H

It took a lot of help aside from my own parents to help raise me and I recognize that. Saturdays I volunteer on a number of kid related activities. Tomorrow I am helping to educate kids on healthy eating. Sometimes I help with math and reading, other times physical fitness. Just showing up helps IMO. You'd be surprised how few kids have positive male role models in their lives. It's just my way of giving back

I ever do get my money together
gonna take care of all of my friends
buy an island run a phone line call em
tell em all to get fucked
that outta take care of them
just be me and my money

and now, my top rookie draft board (by names alone and in no particular order although they are numbered here!):

1. Join Sturdivant - Join is a pretty sweet name
2. Sintamuel Tracy - Sintamuel....
3. Eddie Spain - brother of ryan
4. Ryan Spain - brother of eddie
5. Taz Murphy - taz!
6. Rodriguez Tillman - rodriguez is a fucking cool first name
7. Alton Dotson - something is funny about this
8. Markeese Narcisse - daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
9. Ofisa Alli - i don't feel safe...
10. Jed Durham - not just because of his name necessarily but just look up this guys pic. looks weird as fuck! like if they took a good ol country white boy and put a bronzer on him
11. O.C. Barnes - what could O.C. stand for?
12. Joetavius Motes - alright
13. Exavier Mccoy - fucking Exavier! He said fuck that i'm adding an E to my name i jus dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
14. Delfafonta Hatcher - wtf Delfafonta? tough draw for a guy to have that name
15. P.J. Boatwright - fuck yes
16. Ish Beatty - what is this Ish!
17. Taviouzie Nealy - Taviouzie....
18. Lenzelle Hart - Another unfortunate male name! Lenzelle!
19. Tad Sheppardr - distant cousin of Taz
20. Lavacheeya Lunsford - Lava!
21. Edivaldo Holmes - lol edivaldo?
22. Zann Felton - Zann is a cool name
23. Lo Farmers - i'm high on Lo!
24. Nikloss House - fucking NIKLOSS!?
25. Jabbar Ivory - but he's black!
26. Tremaine McClam - lol
27. Delafonta Brooks - another unfortunate soul with the name Delafonta! What are the odds
28. Cy Poteat - i knew he was either a kicker or punter as soon as i saw his name!
29. Okoye Strong - good name!
30. Ransford Lauderdale - sounds elegant
31. Ify Okuyemi - Iffy pick here!
32. Zebadee Stevens - Zebadeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

GQman2121

Banned
Where was Wellie when I was a bastard kid with only a mother to lean on?

My only male influences were Ric Flair, LL Cool J and Chuck D. I could have avoided teachers having to explain to my mother that I was on the playground poking kids in the eyes shouting woooo, in the name of fighting the power while licking my lips. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
When we make judgement advances you guys want a laid out strict schedule in advance
When we lay out a strict schedule in advance you guys want to rush advances!

There is no winning.

Top Bottom