• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

who needs a playbook when you have mesh and 01 trap (and FB dive for X and inches/1 situations)

things i have banned from my playbook:

- fb dive
- mesh
- trap 01
- no huddle
- running the same passing play more than twice in a game (most of the time i don't run the same pass play more than once!)

most people i've played run a pretty wide range of plays. i know it's a little tougher on defense to call a wide variety of plays (especially if you don't like the blitz much) but i think in the offensive passing game its fun to mix it up and try different things.

i had a good time playing against soka earlier. brought out some different plays (the double screen, fly routes, outs, slants) and it's fun to play against because it keeps you on your toes

Jarate

Banned

- fb dive
- mesh
- trap 01
- no huddle
- running the same passing play more than twice in a game (most of the time i don't run the same pass play more than once!)

most people i've played run a pretty wide range of plays. i know it's a little tougher on defense to call a wide variety of plays (especially if you don't like the blitz much) but i think in the offensive passing game its fun to mix it up and try different things.

i had a good time playing against soka earlier. brought out some different plays (the double screen, fly routes, outs, slants) and it's fun to play against because it keeps you on your toes

I let madden choose my plays so it's up to his whim and fancy

rinse82

If you guys are seriously gonna early sim then put Brent on AP so I can play but I know you aren't gonna do him raw like that!

Bills-Browns Tuesday night

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

- fb dive
- mesh
- trap 01
- no huddle

I end up hot routing the shit out of new plays and negating that it's an actual new play.

It looks nice after wards on the called play screen I guess.

Watching andre Johnson with his 74 speed trying to run a drag is funny. The CB just runs ahead of him the whole time. I think I have to do something drastic and make slow mo fitz and andre johnson my #3 and #4 WRs

I wouldn't feel right just outright cutting them

If you guys are seriously gonna early sim then put Brent on AP so I can play but I know you aren't gonna do him raw like that!

Bills-Browns Tuesday night
We are not simming that game

Now DM on the other hand if I don't hear back from him by tonight....
Eye_of_sauron.jpg

rinse82

Watching andre Johnson with his 74 speed trying to run a drag is funny. The CB just runs ahead of him the whole time. I think I have to do something drastic and make slow mo fitz and andre johnson my #3 and #4 WRs

$30m well spent!

eznark

Banned

Should've seen 0 speed Jordy Nelson

I have not played hardline despite there being 3 free betas. Have no desire to play it at all. Another year of BF4 will suit me fine.

You're not missing out on anything, it's just battlefield with a different aesthetic.

Hey guys, remember bad company? Remember how good that was before Battlefield became call of duty?!

Smokey

You're not missing out on anything, it's just battlefield with a different aesthetic.

Hey guys, remember bad company? Remember how good that was before Battlefield became call of duty?!

I only play on Conquest Classic/Hardcore servers. Standard BF4 Is definitely inspired by COD.

How can you do more research? They don't provide you the required information on the player screens during FA.

Yea that is pretty fucked, I like this years version for the most part, but it's things like that, and no practice mode with your franchise team, that make you think if anyone was thinking over at tiburon

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Madden CCM Website -> Filter for Free Agents -> Compare Players

It doesn't show all of the free agents, especially during the off-season when there are way more.

I tried to compare safeties last off-season and out of five, two of them didn't show up on the website list.

Greg

Yea that is pretty fucked, I like this years version for the most part, but it's things like that, and no practice mode with your franchise team, that make you think if anyone was thinking over at tiburon
I get mad every time I think about this

how do you have a team of people developing games for a living and this never comes up?

takes me half a season to run as many plays as I can in a 30-minute practice session, and teams are so far removed at this point in the franchise that practicing outside of the mode helps with nothing

how do you have a team of people developing games for a living and this never comes up?

takes me half a season to run as many plays as I can in a 30-minute practice session, and teams are so far removed at this point in the franchise that practicing outside of the mode helps with nothing

Yea especially when you have a young player with lower ratings, you need to run some plays with them to determine what they are capable of its rediculous. I don't want to even risk throwing post corners with my 79 OVR QB if he's so inaccurate that they are going to get picked

Smokey

Your qb threw some balls that were straight ducks yesterday lol

I'm sorry Greg

eznark

Banned

I'm sorry Greg

no you aren't!

Oh and a hat tip to user catching. I don't think my garbage ass WR catches the 70 yard game winning touchdown with a minute left if I don't control him. FMT you're the real deal!

Smokey

no you aren't!

Oh and a hat tip to user catching. I don't think my garbage ass WR catches the 70 yard game winning touchdown with a minute left if I don't control him. FMT you're the real deal!

It only took 3+ Madden iterations for him to listen to me

Actually my boy Greg came in here and was disgusted by some of the rules and made his voice known. And then FMT implements some form of user catching. Racist ass FMT I see you breh

DJ Bowser

I feel like it's the most egregious flaw in the game as well.

Greg

I'm sorry Greg
I lost my shit on that one play where I motioned the outside receiver to the right because he was in man, so it left my #3 wide open

changed his route to the flat in case the LB slid over on the snap (although he ended up blitzing), so all my QB had to do was a quick throw 2 yards to a guy with 20 yards of separation

aaaand he spiked it right off the ground

Let's count our blessings here. At least this isn't like madden 07 or something where speed was the ONLY stat that mattered. Terry Glenn with his 97 speed burns the DB every time deep because he has a 7 speed advantage or whatever

eznark

Banned
I lost my shit on that one play where I motioned the outside receiver to the right because he was in man, so it left my #3 wide open

changed his route to the flat in case the LB slid over on the snap (although he ended up blitzing), so all my QB had to do was a quick throw 2 yards to a guy with 20 yards of separation

aaaand he spiked it right off the ground

How would you like a young and fresh Aaron Rodgers?

eznark

Banned
Who is getting helldivers at midnight!!?

Also, and this might sound crazy but..... Payday 2 has been calling my name.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
the high mobility of the QB I drafted last season is the only thing saving me from complete disaster

I think I go 0-16 last season without my QB scrambling for 400 yards

Greg;

You can win with terrible QB play, look at me, DM, FMT, Az, etc.

My defense bails me out all the time.

Smokey

the high mobility of the QB I drafted last season is the only thing saving me from complete disaster

I think I go 0-16 last season without my QB scrambling for 400 yards

You need to change philosophy. I saw some things when we played. There is hope.

Top Bottom