• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Start watching phee's stream. First play by bucs, 01 trap. Some things never change.

9xyXl8W.gif

Mrbob

GG Jabee, don't know if it was the rain or the lag but that QB the cpu drafted sucked. No accuracy at all. Probably the -50 confidence for not knowing the playbook. Felt lucky to get the win with all those turnovers.

The TE I drafted has a crazy catch radius. He kept making one handed grabs from those awful, zero accuracy throws.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
At the airport waiting for our new flight.
Should be in the air in about 2 1/2 hr

If it's weather related, you're SOL. If it's not and they're just being dumb, make sure to send in a complaint email with your FF #. They usually end up giving out some type of compensation.

Last year I got stuck in Dallas for a night on the way to Bogota due to a crew time out, AA ended up giving me 25k AAdvantage miles. That's enough for travel anywhere in the contiguous 48 states or a one way flight to Europe. I was ok with that.

There are exceptions tho. My brother made out with the polar vortex that day or so that Jetblue cancelled every flight. He was affected by only a few hours but Jetblue gave him a $600 voucher. Was enough to fund the (same) trip to Colombia.

brentech

If it's weather related, you're SOL. If it's not and they're just being dumb, make sure to send in a complaint email with your FF #. They usually end up giving out some type of compensation.

Last year I got stuck in Dallas for a night on the way to Bogota due to a crew time out, AA ended up giving me 25k AAdvantage miles. That's enough for travel anywhere in the contiguous 48 states or a one way flight to Europe. I was ok with that.

There are exceptions tho. My brother made out with the polar vortex that day or so that Jetblue cancelled every flight. He was affected by only a few hours but Jetblue gave him a $600 voucher. Was enough to fund the (same) trip to Colombia.
it was mechanical.
Everyone basically found flights with other airlines or has to wait an extra day or maybe 2 to leave. Some real bullshit.

We booked on another airline and got a hotel for the night.

eznark

Banned
Already taking the explorer into the shop! Wife bought me a lemon!

Actually a belt is making a whining noise and when I popped the hood it looked like there might be a mouse in there. Opened the glove box to get a flashlight and it was full of insulation! Fucking mice, man! I'm guessing mouse damage will not be covered by the warranty.

I am not saying this is the reason I lost (My ineptitude on offense was) but for those who saw my game against DM last night, he ran 14 traps.

14. Fucking. Traps.

Please have some god damn dignity and respect for your opponent. I don't care if you run the same play multiple times on your opponent in a game, maybe a few times on a drive. But 3-4 times on a drive on multiple drives and FOURTEEN TIMES IN A GAME IS FUCKING ABSURD

eznark

Banned
I am not saying this is the reason I lost but for those who saw my game against DM last night, he ran 14 traps.

14. Fucking. Traps.

Please have some god damn dignity and respect for your opponent. I don't care if you run the same play multiple times on your opponent in a game, maybe a few times on a drive. But 3-4 times on a drive on multiple drives and FOURTEEN TIMES IN A GAME IS FUCKING ABSURD

He's always done that. At least this time he picked a play that was effective!

He's always done that. At least this time he picked a play that was effective!

I would say the same about any other play, I suppose I am salty because it was so goddamn effective till I started user-DT, but I didn't realize we were playing sim NFL Blitz.

I've always been a proponent of do what you want and run FB dive and DM ball, don't like telling people how to play their game...but 14 times in a game is too much for me

eznark

Banned
I would say the same about any other play, I suppose I am salty because it was so goddamn effective till I started user-DT, but I didn't realize we were playing sim NFL Blitz.

I know, but as long as I've been in the league that's how he plays. He finds one play and fucking hammers it til it doesn't work anymore, which in this league is usually like 4 games because we give everyone the benefit of the doubt and expect them to change it up cause we bros.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Who did you get with that pick?

Bjoern? Cause that would've been worth it no? Or was it that beast MLB?

Bjoern is the OLB from the first round, Fisher Ford was the pick from Gresh, and Byron Ashley is the other MLB. I wish the commishes would have allowed time to edit positions. All of these guys are fucking monsters and I would like to put them all on the field at the same time without penalty.

rinse82

Bjoern is the OLB from the first round, Fisher Ford was the pick from Gresh, and Byron Ashley is the other MLB. I wish the commishes would have allowed time to edit positions. All of these guys are fucking monsters and I would like to put them all on the field at the same time without penalty.

Yeah, great LB draft for you.

I'm excited to have some more weapons on offense now; my running game improved last year after adding Roos and then Swope in the draft, so hoping it takes another leap with Tolliver in the mix.

Was able to move Swope back to his natural RG position.

You would like to change positions so that you can decrease his awareness points by 10-15? OK, we'll keep in mind for you next time.

eznark

Banned
You would like to change positions so that you can decrease his awareness points by 10-15? OK, we'll keep in mind for you next time.

Better than changing his position and have every stat reduced by 30%. Plus rookies can gain awareness rapidly.

eznark

Banned
What I don't see that

Rough estimate, but that's what happened to Jordy. Speed, acceleration, awareness, route running, confidence and probably some other bullshit plummeted each time I changed him from WR to TE and vice versa during the draft phase (I assume it happens during any other time as well).

Only thing not affected was catching!

LJ11

Is 01 Trap banned now? What formation is it out of, I want to see how effective it is.

Give it a few more weeks and everything will be banned.

"I run multiple formations"....but only throw drags or slants

I am not saying this is the reason I lost (My ineptitude on offense was) but for those who saw my game against DM last night, he ran 14 traps.

14. Fucking. Traps.

Squeeze that line down phee, see if it helps.

Another trick is to get your LBs into contains. They fire right into the gap, but in order for your LBs to contain you need to assign DEs to coverage.

Mrbob

Don't forget about mesh passes, which are over abused by 90 percent of the league. Or anything involving double routes that cross one another.

I have a hard time getting mad at anyone for calling certain plays (except fb dive man up on a short run). People get away with what they can, it is what it is.

eznark

Banned
Don't forget about mesh passes, which are over abused by 90 percent of the league. Or anything involving double routes that cross one another.

I have a hard time getting mad at anyone for calling certain plays (except fb dive man up on a short run). People get away with what they can, it is what it is.

I hope crossing routes never die (they've been a staple of the league for years) because they make my safeties beastly! I think HaHa is the best rated safety in the game now! All da picks.

It's not about abusing plays so much as calling one play 50% + of the time. Boring as fuck to play against.

Give it a few more weeks and everything will be banned.

"I run multiple formations"....but only throw drags or slants

Squeeze that line down phee, see if it helps.

Another trick is to get your LBs into contains. They fire right into the gap, but in order for your LBs to contain you need to assign DEs to coverage.
I did pinch my line a lot and they kept getting abused. Tried calling stuff to fill that gap and still got owned. Only time I had success stopping is when I started user DT'ing but it was too late

I also find it ridiculous that I have to do all that to simply stop a trap
Of course the one I ran on him did nothing so I obviously don't know what I'm doing
It's not about abusing plays so much as calling one play 50% + of the time. Boring as fuck to play against.

Pretty much this

Mrbob

Yeah my secondary got pretty fat last year with a bunch of ints. My SS started at 61 and is up to 80 already.

I think I saw the benefit of clutch player last game. The cpu bought my FS the clutch trait in the offseason and I wasn't sure if I wanted it. However, he made the game saving int at the end by making a direct line towards the ball. It was crazy how fast he reacted to the pass. I'll need more testing but clutch might be decent to have.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If you guys keep calling the same plays (assuming they aren't a game exploit) then it's my job to stop it on both offense and defense.

I don't care if the guy drops 90 points and goes negative. Let me do what I want with the team within the confines of the rules of the game and the league. The game even prompts you on the action menu to see if you want to move guys.

Top Bottom