• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

I get that it's my job to stop it on offense and defense but if we're gonna be in a league where you call the same play fourteen times in a game, I'm out

I play on the premise that my opponent isn't gonna be a total dick but if I have to spend the whole game stopping one play then it's not fun. Who the fuck wants to sit there and call the same defensive play too

rinse82

Don't forget about mesh passes, which are over abused by 90 percent of the league. Or anything involving double routes that cross one another.

I have a hard time getting mad at anyone for calling certain plays (except fb dive man up on a short run). People get away with what they can, it is what it is.

Yeah, if we're going to get mad at traps then we should also be picketing against mesh/drag routes.

I blame EA. OP DB play downfield has made all of us straight scared to throw it past 15 yards.

Yeah, if we're going to get mad at traps then we should also be picketing against mesh/drag routes.

I blame EA. OP DB play downfield has made all of us straight scared to throw it past 15 yards.
I get annoyed by all of that too, I've just never seen such shameless play as much as I did last night.

eznark

Banned
Back before Rodgers went to shit I was able to throw outs and corners, no one ever expected it, it was great!

Can't even throw a curl anymore..... sigh. EA has made us all Tom Brady.

Greg

"I run multiple formations"....but only throw drags or slants
Yeah, I don't care what's called as long as it's not some exploit. People are bullshitting themselves if they think they don't revert to certain plays/routes throughout a game, and it just happens to look better because its either hot routed in or is called something different on the play screen with the same key routes.

I've never experienced issues with traps, and even when I've seen it pointed out in streams it looks no different than any other running play against my defense when they're getting beat up.

The only thing I've ever had a real issue with offensively is no huddle being completely broken.

I get annoyed by all of that too, I've just never seen such shameless play as much as I did last night.
Not trying to single you out, but would you think it's just as shameless if he ran various dives instead and they were just as successful?

Not trying to single you out, but would you think it's just as shameless if he ran various dives instead and they were just as successful?

Definitely something I put thought into

I wouldn't be as salty but I would still roll my eyes. and it's infinitely more annoying when I feel like I've pinched my line and called plays trying to stop it but every fucking time his RB got the ball it seems like he would get handed off literally 5 yards right away

I don't know I just try to mix it up as much as I possibly can. I guess others don't want to and I shouldn't tell them how to play and I've never been about that all too much but I can't comprehend how someone finds it fun to run the same play 14 times in a game.

I really hate bitching about it but maybe this just isn't the game for me

I just called Nintendo customer support cause I destroyed my prepaid card, got put on hold, and heard the overworld music from ocarina of time and thought "holy shit! zelda music is my waiting music???"

Ferny

If the play is working for them and it's not glitching or whatever, I personally don't see the issue. Would it be annoying? Sure. But it's within the game.

If the play is working for them and it's not glitching or whatever, I personally don't see the issue. Would it be annoying? Sure. But it's within the game.

Look I'm not telling people "Stop killing me if you're killing me!" I hate being that guy but dude. Fourteen times in a game. 3-4 times on a drive.

I'm not sure how this is different from Madden Nation. If the end justifies the means that's fine but I'm not going to be a part of that

any route can be successful against the right defense. I usually try to have multiple types of routes on a play so if my #1 read isn't open I can go to #2. If that isn't open then I panic!

any route can be successful against the right defense. I usually try to have multiple types of routes on a play so if my #1 read isn't open I can go to #2. If that isn't open then I panic!
Yup. Running the same run play 14 times is a different animal though. I've stopped calling trap since people have been bitching about it. My inside cross lives in though, which is similar to mesh. I have two fast beastly TEs, that play should work as well as it does!

Yup. Running the same run play 14 times is a different animal though. I've stopped calling trap since people have been bitching about it. My inside cross lives in though, which is similar to mesh. I have two fast beastly TEs, that play should work as well as it does!

But you also have to account for audibles. The play shows on the next screen it was the same but was it!

I feel I'm going to get this treatment with comeback routes at some point but if you assholes want to sit in base cover 3 all day, you'll get what's coming to you.

I don't think he audibled out of the 01 trap a single time

I told Pheenix repeatedly hoe to easily stop it in the stream and he never did!

I'm talking pass plays. Really difficult to mix up runs. You have middle, off tackle, draw, counter and toss. That's it!

And you are an idiot if you run toss plays!

I feel I'm going to get this treatment with comeback routes at some point but if you assholes want to sit in base cover 3 all day, you'll get what's coming to you.

If I kept calling the same defense I feel like that'd be different but I'm probably just biased at this point

It just feels like we have to run through hoops and loops just to stop that play. Like goddamn it I don't want to pinch my line and tell linebackers to contain and defensive ends to go to coverage just so i don't get my ass beat by the trap so hard. what if he doesn't run it? then I've fucked my defense to sell out on one play

Maybe my defense just really blows or I just keep calling the wrong play

I'm talking pass plays. Really difficult to mix up runs. You have middle, off tackle, draw, counter and toss and TRAP. That's it!

I did what the fuck you were telling me! Pinch line!

Didn't work till I started user DT'ing

eznark

Banned

I'm talking pass plays. Really difficult to mix up runs. You have middle, off tackle, draw, counter and toss. That's it!

Fake FB HB toss remains the greatest short yardage open field play!

Greg

DT will break any run if you control them. They are OP. Let's ban user DT too
I can't wait to see what feature is exaggerated in Madden 16

o-lines crumble even when the user-controlled lineman is 'late' or out of stance

and it's that garbage they put in where the AI of the same position mimics the user's inputs

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im pretty hesitant to ban anything else. There are too many rules as is. 01 Trap isnt getting banned.

However, from what ive seen its a pretty garbage play. You can stop it with User DT play but that shouldnt be a requirement. Last year you could stop screens with user LB play and that still got a ton of shit. I dont mind it here and there because it still serves a purpose as a valid play against some over aggressive defenses. 14 is quite alot, though.

More than anything it just makes me wonder what you get out of running the same play all game. It cant be fun. It definitely isnt fun for the other person.

eznark

Banned
Im pretty hesitant to ban anything else. There are too many rules as is. 01 Trap isnt getting banned.

However, from what ive seen its a pretty garbage play. You can stop it with User DT play but that shouldnt be a requirement. Last year you could stop screens with user LB play and that still got a ton of shit. I dont mind it here and there because it still serves a purpose as a valid play against some over aggressive defenses. 14 is quite alot, though.

More than anything it just makes me wonder what you get out of running the same play all game. It cant be fun. It definitely isnt fun for the other person.

He wants everyone to join him in the Bucs pit

Greg

All they need to do to fix it is have the DL encroach if he jumps a hard count.
pay attention to the moves the AI linemen make when you're controlling one vs. controlling an LB/DB and letting them work on their own though - the line as a whole gets more pressure

if anyone has the luxury of skilled LBs/DBs, it's a no brainer with the stupid amount of pressure it generates

Mrbob

Go to the VIP section. Wish the collectors edition was on sale too. I'd grab that version instead.

Edit: Oh nice they put the CE up today. Wasn't up last night.

eznark

Banned
I'm just gonna get it on steam. Then I don't have to deal with the fraud alert call.

Have you watched any of this stream bob? Looks amazing.

Top Bottom