• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Sokantish

Greg, you had a ghost tackle McCluster on that run near the end of the game! What was that? I couldn't even look at the replay for it

GG Greg

Greg

that game pissed me off

tried playing different than I normally do since we've played each other 500 times and you know everything I do, but it didn't matter

GQman2121

Banned
GG CB.

I'm making terrible mistakes and not able to make any plays on D this year. But my biggest issue is I have no run game. I'm currently very much a pass first. second and then think about running on short down situations.

Thank you for not running the ball very often though. If you would have scouted me, you would have seen the Drizz was able to rack up 52 pancakes against me on 48 snaps. I was literally playing with 10 men on defense against him. Madden is fun. :|

Colasante

GG LJ. Sorry for that user catch with LaFell that led to my 3rd TD. I was trying to bat the ball down so you couldn't pick it off.

Jimmy Garoppolo played the hero in this game when Tom Brady went down. Throwing a 91 yard pass to my rookie WR Denard Ayers to tie it up with 22 seconds left, then throwing a 71 yard pass to my rookie RB Lefi Forrest in overtime. Brady was so bad I didn't think I'd have a chance to win after all those picks.

It was nice to see Denard Ayers have a breakout game, with 5 catches for 187 yards and 2 TDs.

LJ11

GG LJ. Sorry for that user catch with LaFell that led to my 3rd TD. I was trying to bat the ball down so you couldn't pick it off.

Jimmy Garoppolo played the hero in this game when Tom Brady went down. Throwing a 91 yard pass to my rookie WR Denard Ayers to tie it up with 22 seconds left, then throwing a 71 yard pass to my rookie RB Lefi Forrest in overtime. Brady was so bad I didn't think I'd have a chance to win after all those picks.

you owe me a new keyboard and a refinish on my desk. good thing i had my headset off, that was a hell of a tantrum.

the real hero in this game is my dumb decision making. tie game 50 seconds to go, he has zero timeouts and i have the ball on his one. what do you do? take two knees and kick the game winning FG. didn't want to bitch out even though i had every intention to, so i went in and gave him the ball back. then i just kept bltizing. lol

the lag was atrocious, didn't have my D book or O, I fucked up, and yet that had no real impact on the W. Stayed at home on the screen too. But them pancakes.

No worries, revenge in 16, twice a year.

Sanjuro

you owe me a new keyboard and a refinish on my desk. good thing i had my headset off, that was a hell of a tantrum.

the real hero in this game is my dumb decision making. tie game 50 seconds to go, he has zero timeouts and i have the ball on his one. what do you do? take two knees and kick the game winning FG. didn't want to bitch out even though i had every intention to, so i went in and gave him the ball back. then i just kept bltizing. lol

the lag was atrocious, didn't have my D book or O, I fucked up, and yet that had no real impact on the W. Stayed at home on the screen too. But them pancakes.

No worries, revenge in 16, twice a year.

Did you get mad when I beat you? I'll still feel good about it years later.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
New Mario party. No online play.

Jesus Christ nintendo is fucking lame
Ive said this a million times but, if you've looked at the past 2-3 Mario parties, its not what you want anymore. Its not Hudson that makes those games now.
They are doing you a favor!

TheCrow

Doesnt count. Crow declaired that last game lost about 20 minutes in.

I never expect us to get detection. I was pleasantly surprised that we finally did. So good.
happytears.gif

CB3

Reading up on some of the pro dota drama thats apparently been going down this past week or so.

1.) In a roundabout way its kind of interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes with the teams, although its pretty much how i imagined it being.

2.) Albeit interesting, i had a real profound moment of "why am i even delving this deep its a bunch of entitled kids crying over little things" (not entirely their fault, i know. being thrust into relative stardom for playing a videogame and making a nice little chunk of change without the kind of PR management you see from professional sports teams/leagues will do that).

Dota is such a weird thing.

[/BobDotaBlog]

Reading up on some of the pro dota drama thats apparently been going down this past week or so.

1.) In a roundabout way its kind of interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes with the teams, although its pretty much how i imagined it being.

2.) Albeit interesting, i had a real profound moment of "why am i even delving this deep its a bunch of entitled kids crying over little things" (not entirely their fault, i know. being thrust into relative stardom for playing a videogame and making a nice little chunk of change without the kind of PR management you see from professional sports teams/leagues will do that).

Dota is such a weird thing.

[/BobDotaBlog]

I love that EE and rtz are giving so much insight into the pro dota scene. I agree its kinda weird being so interested in all of this silly drama as an adult, but whatever there are worse things to care about. At least we aren't all hooked on kardashian drama or some shit

edit----

still reading through this holy wall-o-text. rteezus has a lot on his mind

CB3

It just kind of meshes with my general thought that the pro dota scene needs to grow up a little bit in certain aspects if it wants to really hit that next level.

TheCrow

Not having some PR team going through everything you put out there really allows them to say so much. I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often. Plus a lot of what EE and RTZ said wasn't mean spirited or said to push some agenda. It was just them getting things out in the open.

CB3

Like i said to an extent its interesting. I read up on it and i dont really give a shit about EG/Cloud 9/Arteezy/EE or anyone involved. But it just feeds into the feeling that ive had since around TI4 or so that the pro scene can use some maturing at every level. Thats not just limited to the players themselves, but casters, tournament organizers, team managers, sponsors that can make sure their fucking computers arent breaking every 30 minutes during a LAN, ect.

I might be having an old man "Get off my lawn" moment with all these kids. It may very well just be me and my opinion. You dont have to go all the way professional. But there are certain stigma's that i think can be broken without losing too much of the good in the process.

Edit: forgot to mention, I think valve can do a much better job with partering with tournaments/LANs to get a better structure in there, as well as promotion and production. I good example would be the next time EG and Secret meet up. Make that something people know about and make it something they can't miss. Play up the new found rivalry

eznark

Banned
So weird that these guys are like the equivalent age of NFL rookies and often older. Speaks to how much polish pro athletes actually get even early on.

BigAT

Pro athletes get fairly extensive media training during even college now, so that is definitely a big part of the reason for the big difference between the two.

I really can't bring myself to read through that whole RTZ thing, is there a bullet points version somewhere?

eznark

Banned
For sure, just funny to see how kids without that training act when they are put into similar (magnitudes smaller obviously) situations.

Seems like they are at a bit of a ceiling until they can clean some of this stuff up. I think building consistent rosters is a key to marketing some of this stuff on a broader level.

Greg

Pro athletes get fairly extensive media training during even college now, so that is definitely a big part of the reason for the big difference between the two.

I really can't bring myself to read through that whole RTZ thing, is there a bullet points version somewhere?
do pro Dota players also sound like they haven't finished middle school?

eznark

Banned
Bloomington eccev woman just said she wants her town to try and be the next Portland. She was met with boos and jeers.

Sometimes Indiana is great!

Top Bottom