• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Does anyone like Konex? He was gone already by the time I started playing but I feel like he was infamous for not the greatest reasons.

Was one of those reasons genuinely liking the Backstreet Boys?

brentech

Anyone that has the ASUS VG248: Do this.

Ok, step 1, adjust the settings on the monitor itself. This Article from Toms hardware writes way too much about the monitor, but fortunately at the bottom of page 3 has a handy blurb of how your settings should look.

Splendid Mode: Standard
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 35
Color Temp: User *RGB: Red 96 / Green 94 / Blue 88

Once you're finished, the monitor will look slightly-less-washed-out than before. To reach Glorious color level, you need to download an ICC Color Profile from a website like I just linked. Note that this color profile works for nearly any monitor, but here's the link for the VG248QE, NOTE: Direct Link, clicking will download the .icm file. Once you're done, go back to the ICC Color Profile and follow the instructions for installation. It's easier than you think, and when you're done, your "boring, washed out" TN panel should look just as fantastic as the older LCD's.

I was doing a clean install on my nvidia drivers and noticed at some point I disabled 144hz mode (was having a problem with it in a game some time back). When I switched it over to 144 again, my colors were all screwed up. Was having a hard time matching to my other monitors when I came across the above reddit post. It really is pretty damn spectacular.
When you do the first steps of changing the basic monitor hardware settings, it looks washed out, but when you get the color profile, it really comes to life. You can tweak brightness if you think you need to from there.

Don't bother with the first link. Just download the direct link and follow instructions here
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#install
Takes like 3 minutes to do everything.

eznark

Banned
Cool. I've never been happy with the monitor settings, just never felt like they were correct. Hopefully this works.

McNei1y

Boss, depending on advance tomorrow is probably the best time. Like early tomorrow afternoon. Around 2-3 pm est. Today is a possibility still.

Boss, depending on advance tomorrow is probably the best time. Like early tomorrow afternoon. Around 2-3 pm est. Today is a possibility still.

Tomorrow won't work, won't be home for most of the day or night, going to my friends GF's birthday party/dinner/drunk orgy.

Tonight will be preferable.

Does anyone like Konex? He was gone already by the time I started playing but I feel like he was infamous for not the greatest reasons. My only experience with him has been seeing him make generally shitty posts in sports threads from time to time.

When I first joined this league I was in a division with Rors, Konex and Vumpler. I honestly don't know why I even kept playing, I never won anything.

brentech

just a part of the group then.

Manziel has got to eat eat EAT

88EGmCc.gif

Top Bottom