• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There was too much lag with the stream. Same crap happened in the casual league game I played. I have to call Verizon tomorrow.

GG Sickboy . I had no business winning that one, I am pretty sure every incompletion was a dropped interception by your guys. It was unbelievable how lucky I got.

Your team is unreal on defense. That pass I dared to throw at the end of the first half in which your guy knocked the ball out reminded me I shouldn't be messing around too much. Twice I was right at the endzone and couldn't complete the play. He even stopped an FB Dive!

That said, you kept looking for what worked on offense and all I could do was counter punch on defense as best I could. I got very lucky. If your guys picked any of those off I likely lose.

SickBoy

What a loser that Birdman is :)

gg Wellie... you definitely outplayed me in this one... but I really should have started dinking and dunking earlier... also should have put Thomas in at RB, but I'm giving the young guy reps.

A couple of problems that have been plaguing me all year continue:

1) My line is mostly the same, but protection is much worse ("Hey guys, never forget - we're just blocking for Alex Smith now")
2) When my defensive backs are hit right in the hands, they drop the ball. I would say that characterized three or four of your seven incompletions.

SickBoy

There was too much lag with the stream. Same crap happened in the casual league game I played. I have to call Verizon tomorrow.

Ahh, that's what was happening. I had lag early and I started to worry about it. I've had a couple of iffy games this season -- my PSN connection doesn't seem like it's been great lately, but I was testing my network (wirelessly) and I'm getting almost no latency and faster speeds than my plan's 15Mbps... and the PS4 is wired.

I do think PSN in general has been a little iffy for me since Christmas, though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What a loser that Birdman is :)

gg Wellie... you definitely outplayed me in this one... but I really should have started dinking and dunking earlier... also should have put Thomas in at RB, but I'm giving the young guy reps.

A couple of problems that have been plaguing me all year continue:

1) My line is mostly the same, but protection is much worse ("Hey guys, never forget - we're just blocking for Alex Smith now)
2) When my defensive backs are hit right in the hands, they drop the ball. I would say that characterized three or four of your seven incompletions.

I would say that was all 7 friend. 3 or 4 of them Nassib just threw the ball too far from the receiver and it hit your guys in the chest or the hands. I am ok with it.

Your OL was killing me all game, I'm not sure what you mean. I feel like I got zero pass rush and had to constantly bring heat to get anywhere.

Your linebackers are incredible by the way. My OL would destroy your dlinemen but your LBs filled gaps faster than any I;ve ever seen. It was nuts.

Ahh, that's what was happening. I had lag early and I started to worry about it. I've had a couple of iffy games this season -- my PSN connection doesn't seem like it's been great lately, but I was testing my network (wirelessly) and I'm getting almost no latency and faster speeds than my plan's 15Mbps... and the PS4 is wired.

I do think PSN in general has been a little iffy for me since Christmas, though.

Yeah I am not sure what's going on. Was streaming with no issues before.

SickBoy

I would say that was all 7 friend. 3 or 4 of them Nassib just threw the ball too far from the receiver and it hit your guys in the chest or the hands. I am ok with it.

Your OL was killing me all game, I'm not sure what you mean. I feel like I got zero pass rush and had to constantly bring heat to get anywhere.

Your linebackers are incredible by the way. My OL would destroy your dlinemen but your LBs filled gaps faster than any I;ve ever seen. It was nuts.

It's possible you were bringing heat on key downs, but there were a handful of plays where I knew I didn't have time for the routes I wanted to develop and instead wound up forcing it into coverage. There was one particularly annoying third down where I just had Graham running into the flat. He was open, but I got hit as I threw. Pretty sure I was running away from the pressure, too.

Whatever the case, was a fun game. My schedule is stupid this year. Just looking at it now, I see I've got FMT in two games. It's like the Madden scheduling gods didn't want me to enjoy my previous-season wins over him and you for too long :(

Splat

Nice to be gold.

Looking forward to you guys saying nothing but nice things about it, because this league is a community built on geniality.

Rorschach

WHAT THE FUCK?! I just had a match that went well and it said not recorded because of network connections after the ancient died... fuck dota! The game was super long too... I'm playing LoL from now on.

eznark

Banned
Nice to be gold.

Looking forward to you guys saying nothing but nice things about it, because this league is a community built on geniality.

I look forward to you being hypersensitive and bailing on the thread if we don't think the game is perfect.

Just kidding, I know you won't Luke out!

GG Greg, that rain made it tough to throw the ball in guessing. Just wondering though, why did you quit in the end? I thought you had enough time to try to mount something

Oh ok, another question, what is your qb's stiff arm rating? Dude laid my defender out on a run in the first half. 2nd straight week a qb has treated one of my defenders like a straight bitch :(

Greg

Oh ok, another question, what is your qb's stiff arm rating? Dude laid my defender out on a run in the first half. 2nd straight week a qb has treated one of my defenders like a straight bitch :(
only in the 50s

dude is a tank compared to Bortles though - broke a few this season without breaking his collarbone like that bum

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Comparing MMR would require me to play games to earn MMR.

I did appriciate you going into dota to check after I killed you in smash, though

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We matched up in matchmaking. The game said "these two teams are within reasonable range of eachother"

Thats what the game said!

Julius Thomas is a god. Most amazing catch I've ever seen. 2nd and 12 inside the 30, Thomas is running a drag, Latimer is running a crossing route in the slot alongside him. I throw it way out in front of an open Latimer and Thomas turns his shoulder, dives, and, without looking, catches the ball for an 8 yd gain. Leads to a TD. And then the fumble in the redzone in the 4th leading to my go ahead TD. Such a great game. It had it all. We both had huge plays and we both had slow calculated drives. I think that 53 yarder is a career long for Reeves.

DJ Bowser

Yeah. I'm up by four inside the 10 yard line with 5 minutes to go. Inside run with Miller up to the 4 and the ball pops out. So rather than an 11 point lead, he gets the ball back and runs out the clock on the ensuing drive when he scores.

The Madden Gods are more cruel than the Blitz Gods.

Game is trash.

DJ Bowser

You were foolish enough to doubt the abilities of TY Jelly.

That also came only after your garbage Julius Thomas diving catch on the pass that wasn't to him to keep the drive alive.

I was at work when you typed this. Lmk when you're free on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm usually only around after my kid goes to sleep, though I think that's when you go to work, so just let me know when you're available and we can work something out. If you want to go now, I could probably play.

Top Bottom