• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

I won a game of dota

giphy.gif

edit---

solo q ranked for now on

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
May be able to play tomorrow night, I'll let you know.

Wellie, CPU Giants were all over my OL, I couldn't step up, DTs were shedding all day against quality guards. Madden 15 is such an uneven game, very good in some areas, dog shit in others. They need to redo the tackling system they just redid. Unfortunately this game will probably get worse! MUT is the only thing they give a fuck about.

Brings a tear to my eye. The addition of two bonafide pass rushing LBs added some serious teeth to that D. I built them up just like you said

The DBZ tackling needs to go.

I actually think if man coverage and the adjustments to it were a little more effective you could fix the game right there. The slants would be countered by DBs cheating inside, same with the square ins. They have to figure a way to get everyone out of deep zones.

Overall I liked the game a lot but there were some glaring issues like Jarate mentioned that I hope get fixed.

JABEE

JABEE just pre-ordered the ultimate collector's edition

you'll never guess what's in the adamantium packs!

I have two copies on preorder in hopes that they will take it as a sign that the market is ready for an even closer camera angle!

LJ11

Over the last 2-3 weeks I've been messing around with MUT, not really playing games outside of doing the solo gauntlet challenge, but looking at the marketplace dynamics, it's really fascinating. I'm not making any money flipping, just fun watching cards tank, guys jumping all over a set, etc.

I've built a team based around players I personally like, but they are budget players. This morning I had some packs left over from this easter promo so I opened them up and I ended up with one of their Gold Ticket cards, RGIII. Some of these go for millions of coins, but this one is considered shit by the "community." Too funny watching these guys go nuts trying to pull Gronk, or some other broken ass player,

Tempted to pick up MLB The Show just for the Diamond Dynasty shit. This stuff can really pull you in, though it looks like the Show is much less a grind than MUT.

Edit: So I put the RGIII card up for sale, withing minutes I started receiving party requests and message from users proposing trades, I'm betting most of them are scammers. Shut off the PS4 and I'm out for the day, probably come back to a whole message box full of little shits trying to pull one over on me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Over the last 2-3 weeks I've been messing around with MUT, not really playing games outside of doing the solo gauntlet challenge, but looking at the marketplace dynamics, it's really fascinating. I'm not making any money flipping, just fun watching cards tank, guys jumping all over a set, etc.

I've built a team based around players I personally like, but they are budget players. This morning I had some packs left over from this easter promo so I opened them up and I ended up with one of their Gold Ticket cards, RGIII. Some of these go for millions of coins, but this one is considered shit by the "community." Too funny watching these guys go nuts trying to pull Gronk, or some other broken ass player,

Tempted to pick up MLB The Show just for the Diamond Dynasty shit. This stuff can really pull you in, though it looks like the Show is much less a grind than MUT.

Edit: So I put the RGIII card up for sale, withing minutes I started receiving party requests and message from users proposing trades, I'm betting most of them are scammers. Shut off the PS4 and I'm out for the day, probably come back to a whole message box full of little shits trying to pull one over on me.
Can you actually make money from this or is it just coins?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Real money.

I sold one item for $125.00 and the other half was combined for a bunch of other things.

Smokey

The MUT grind is real bruh

Shit had me hooked for like a good month and a half of consistent play

LJ11

No, I'm not spending a single dime on packs phee, not my thing. Was doing solos and fucking around.

With regards to people making real money, I think some people are making a killing but its more so from twitch and YouTube. People love watching others open packs, and stream games with 95-99 overall teams. Fans donate to the stream, the streamers offer some giveaways in the form of tips or players, and round and round. Pretty fascinating stuff.

DJ Bowser

The MUT grind is real bruh

Shit had me hooked for like a good month and a half of consistent play

Same here. Then I realized that I'd lose everything when the next Madden came out, plus I couldn't use my custom playbook so it wouldn't even serve as adequate prep for games against people here, and I quit cold turkey.

Plus, it was 90% people running bootlegs with Kap and HOF WRs.

cdyhybrid

I miss WoW.

But it's like thinking about an old girlfriend when you think about getting back together, you think of the good old times, but you can never get the good old times back!

As someone who quit last month to go back to DOTA and start Civ 5, you're not missing much. The raids are decent but there's absolutely nothing else to do.

As someone who quit last month to go back to DOTA and start Civ 5, you're not missing much. The raids are decent but there's absolutely nothing else to do.

hmmm, Civ V seems like a good game to get back into.

I only wish the AI was more smart and learn how to invade over oceans.

Although I'm in the middle of a Long War campaign in Xcom

Greg

man, Madden fucking hates me

my last game was simmed... tackle and guard injured after no o-line injuries through all the seasons

Rorschach

They had a Troll and a AM. So how you would expect it to go.

It was fun though. Worth it for Gorgeous-Storm alone.

I was there for that and didn't have to get dragged into an AM game. :cool: Sniper should wreck both of those guys with a little help, but I see your other carry was fernles!

TBC was the first expansion!

if shake almost uninstalled yesterday, I'm not sure if I'm ready for Dota

TBC was the best expansion raid wise.

Also for anyone not watching The Masters, Tiger just dropped some F-Bombs on live TV after hitting a drive 20 yards into the shit.

Greg

GG, LJ

QB really fucked me on that one... 2 deep balls with a good chance were poorly thrown, and a few bad throws on key downs

and then that throw I made to the flat that went from 2 yard gain to broken tackle 10 yard loss that stalled my drive

eznark

Banned
Alexa, play Shake it Off

Alexa, play Shut up and dance

Alexa, play maybe

Repeat ad nauseum

Amazon Echo is a nightmare with a four year old!!

LJ11

GG, LJ

QB really fucked me on that one... 2 deep balls with a good chance were poorly thrown, and a few bad throws on key downs

and then that throw I made to the flat that went from 2 yard gain to broken tackle 10 yard loss that stalled my drive

You had a bunch of bad breaks dude. 7-3 game with very little time and I get that big return on what probably would have been a tackle in the old games, then I break a sack with the QB and nail a throw that put me in FG range. Lots of shit went my way. My WR gets crushed and holds on for a change. I think I got the bounces, but I got fucked with the injuries but that's been the story the last two seasons. Had next to no injuries the first couple of seasons, now every week someone is going down during the game.

cdyhybrid

hmmm, Civ V seems like a good game to get back into.

I only wish the AI was more smart and learn how to invade over oceans.

Although I'm in the middle of a Long War campaign in Xcom

I picked up and played through XCOM a few months back. Really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I'm a natural min/maxer, so if I played through it again I'd end up doing the exact same thing.

At least with Civ 5, the situation around you changes with each game, making min/maxing more difficult.

Greg

You had a bunch of bad breaks dude. 7-3 game with very little time and I get that big return on what probably would have been a tackle in the old games, then I break a sack with the QB and nail a throw that put me in FG range. Lots of shit went my way. My WR gets crushed and holds on for a change. I think I got the bounces, but I got fucked with the injuries but that's been the story the last two seasons. Had next to no injuries the first couple of seasons, now every week someone is going down during the game.
yeah, those injuries are rough

I had some comebacks open throughout the game, but couldn't buy myself enough time in the pocket especially with guard and tackle down

I played as well as I could on D to give myself a chance, but I'm still not sure what happened on that bomb you connected with... forgot to look at the replay

call had 2 deep over there, but I'm guessing the blitz fake brought the safety up too far and the corner just got put in a bad situation

Top Bottom