• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

BigAT

People look at my Dotabuff profile and probably think I spammed a bunch of Sniper games, but little to they know I only played him when he was bad.

Someone unknown dood on reddit said it'll drop in a couple of hours. I totally trust him! If you can't trust complete strangers on the Internet then who can you trust?

TheCrow

I want to go back to never skilling shrapnel and not getting made fun of.

Someone unknown dood on reddit said it'll drop in a couple of hours. I totally trust him! If you can't trust complete strangers on the Internet then who can you trust?
highfive.gif

brentech

I like how my youtube upload of some The Order game play says this when I view it:

We detected ways to improve your video’s cropping and lighting. Would you like us to enhance it?
Roughly translates to: "Splat, fix your fucking game"

How is the grind relative to MUT?

Man, I can't go down this road with baseball too....

if you're into 'playing the market', I don't think it's quite as feasible in The Show. Maybe it is, but their stuff seems to have less options.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
All of my early dota games were just Bracers + Drums on CM and Tide.

Until i finally found Slardar

I played 2 games of Solo Queue DotA2 this weekend and won both.

I probably didn't deserve to win the first game with my 0/13 Shadow Shaman but things happen.

Shake how are your studies going? Are you almost finished?

This term has been pretty brutal but things are going pretty well. I keep telling myself things will get easier when im done with this class or that class, but each term is harder than the last. The good news is I only have 12 classes left after this term!

Now i just need O&G to recover

cBj1LTf.png

Greg

This whole paid mod thing on Steam went right past me I guess. Why in the world are people against it??
they'll say it's because developers will profit off the modding community fixing issues, and because introducing money ruins the artistic integrity!

but really people like to complain about paying for things they can get for free because they think they are entitled to it

cdyhybrid

Wouldn't this result in more and better mods?
Nah, it'll result in a billion $5 sword reskins. The people good enough to make big-time mods that would emerge in the ideal scenario either want to do it for free or will get hired as game devs (see: Icefrog).

eznark

Banned
Nah, it'll result in a billion $5 sword reskins. The people good enough to make big-time mods that would emerge in the ideal scenario either want to do it for free or will get hired as game devs (see: Icefrog).

So your argument is 1. people would rather not make a thing than make it and get paid for it or 2. people will make such an awesome mod that they will then get hired by a dev.

Seems tenuous. I'm sure you'll still be able to pirate them.

You're confused why people on the internet are upset about having to pay for something that was previously free?

I was really hoping there was more to it than that.

cdyhybrid

So your argument is 1. people would rather not make a thing than make it and get paid for it or 2. people will make such an awesome mod that they will then get hired by a dev.

Seems tenuous. I'm sure you'll still be able to pirate them.

I was really hoping there was more to it than that.
There's also the part where Valve and Bethesda now have a financial incentive to break free mods, but yeah...piracy.

eznark

Banned
What's the plan now?

There's also the party where Valve and Bethesda now have a financial incentive to break free mods , but yeah...piracy.
As your third concern behind artistic integrity and uh...individuals realizing wild professional success, I'm sure that one is very concerning.

cdyhybrid

What's the plan now?

As your third concern behind artistic integrity and uh...individuals realizing wild professional success, I'm sure that one is very concerning.
You have a very interesting definition of wild financial success.

Giving away 75% of your revenue out of the gate is the American dream!

eznark

Banned
You have a very interesting definition of wild financial success.

Giving away 75% off your revenue out of the gate is the American dream!

You have a weird way of changing words. I don't know that icefrog has made bank, but his resume is certainly a lot better than "modder" these days.

And I'm even more confused now. I thought they wanted to make these for free? Now they aren't getting paid enough?

25% Steam
25% Modder
50% Bethesda

But I believe that the publisher/developer cut can be changed by the developer.

That seems pretty reasonable. Want a bigger cut, make your own game.

cdyhybrid

You have a weird way of changing words. I don't know that icefrog has made bank, but his resume is certainly a lot better than "modder" these days.

And I'm even more confused now. I thought they wanted to make these for free? Now they aren't getting paid enough?
Some do. But most will probably cave and take the table scraps Valve and Bethesda offer them.

There's also the part where mods regularly break your game, potentially weeks down the line, and you only have 24 hours to get a refund.

Oh, and you have no guarantee that mod you paid for will actually get fixed.

Besides, if the success they're looking for isn't financial, what's different now? As soon as money enters the equation, it becomes almost entirely about money.

TheCrow

A lot of this backlash if from the fact that any change is taking place. I'm sure things will settle down as the system matures. At first 25% seems small so I understand the kneejerk reaction to that but I'm sure they'll be ways to further fund mods through patreon/kickstarter/donations.

eznark

Banned
So what it boils down to is that one group of people is pissed off that they are paying for something that used to be free while the other group of people is pissed off that they aren't making enough for something they used to do for free.

cdyhybrid

So what it boils down to is that one group of people is pissed off that they are paying for something that used to be free while the other group of people is pissed off that they aren't making enough for something they used to do for free.
If you completely ignore the actual nuances of the situation to reduce it to "lulz entitlement" then yes.

cdyhybrid

Your "nuance" reads like tortured internet rationale masking entitlement

Your argument reads like the same "I'm just going to take the contrarian position out of the gate" view you take on everything else!

It's like you've never met eznark before.

Are you new to eznark?

No, I know exactly what he was doing. I was bored waiting for a package to arrive so I decided to entertain myself.

Can't the modders continue to give out the mods as free?

For now, yes. Valve and Bethesda now have an incentive to put that to an end though. On the other hand, there will always be piracy even if that happens, but when you're at a point where piracy is the ideal way to fully enjoy the game, you messed up somewhere.

Top Bottom