• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

McNei1y

Hey, I'm not sure who I play this weekend but I've been out of town since Saturday in New Jersey for my brother's engagement party.

I'll be available to play later today. Just let me know/pm me when a good time to play is.

I'll be on at like 11:15a today

I didn't get to play at all yesterday

Same, was busy preparing for something this morning...which I'm about to leave for soon. So I can't play during your lunch break :(

I'll be on tonight. I might go to a concert which means I'd be on later, not sure, if I can't find my now 4 year old expired student ID I'm not going lol

eznark

Banned
I fell asleep before it started last night, the constant delays were too much for me. Finally starting it up now. Can't wait to watch Team America soar.

Oh man these lineups first game. So good!

Sanjuro

GG, dude.

But...I want a committee to investigate the low punts in this game. I think it made the difference between winning and losing.

Also, why is Flynn a southpaw and wearing shit all over him?

You aimed low on a couple when you were in the deep end of your territory. I'd say you were trying to kick it out of bounds, others would say you ain't sim.

I wasn't aiming low, I was missing my punts by hitting them too fast. due to me just playing CPU speed with a friend.

If I was aiming low your guy wouldn't have had time to react, aiming low and not getting full power is completely different.

brentech

They were lower punts, but not the game breaking type of low+short punts. The camera stayed in view of the ball the entire time. Unlike your game when we last talked about this, and your punts were out of camera view until it was far too late for anyone to react. By not having time to react, I don't mean, time for your guy to get to ball. I mean time for you to ever even see the ball to know you're running to the right spot, which is what your punts did. Not the same thing at all.

Don't be a dbag just because.

Sanjuro

They were lower punts, but not the game breaking type of low+short punts. The camera stayed in view of the ball the entire time. Unlike your game when we last talked about this, and your punts were out of camera view until it was far too late for anyone to react.

Don't be a dbag just because.

Joking is being a dbag? Come on, son.

eznark

Banned
To be fair, FMT said you can't lower the indicator at all. The one I saw was clearly lower than the default and it stayed in bounds.

brentech

Yeah, it was lower that what you normally see in non-wind conditions, but if going by his word and it was just a low power punt, then that isn't necessarily adjusted trajectory.

Otherwise if he had low power and a low trajectory, it would have done exactly what happened a week or two ago. That's when the ball lands early and the camera doesn't follow it/spin around.
Can end up bouncing off the returner for a muff or any other person on the field, and the receiving team never gets a look at the ball because the camera didn't turn around.

I have no problem with that happening, as long as the person receiving at least has a chance to see the ball like they do every other punt. So long as they fix the camera, there isn't a reason a low ball shouldn't be allowed.

Just don't like when people try to beat Madden instead of their opponent. Intentionally.

eznark

Banned
My low power punts (I always do the same thing, forget that the meter is different) always go straight up in the air basically. I wish my low power punts went perfectly where I wanted them pinning a guy down in the 5.

Sanjuro

I can never seem to do that accurately enough. There are plenty people on here that definitely jerk off to getting them dead smack at the 1. Feels like I did better back when they had the "Hit A" meter.

brentech

I can never seem to do that accurately enough. There are plenty people on here that definitely jerk off to getting them dead smack at the 1. Feels like I did better back when they had the "Hit A" meter.

I can't even remember back when it wasn't the right stick. Been a long time.

DJ Bowser

When is the advance?

Internet is being set up in my new place tomorrow morning so I can either only play Smokey now before 2:45 EST or after 10 EST tomorrow.

Colasante

I've never thought about punting this much before. Is there some aspect of punting that's not allowed that I should know about?

brentech

I think I'm going to kill my computer via static electricity while plugging in USB devices or touching my phone while it's plugged into the machine.
Have blue screened it twice in the last 2 weeks cause all the static in the house.
woah again

interesting. Wonder what roll he'll take on.

LJ11

How is that? And why?

Line drive punts that bounce a million times which cause the camera to get out of wack, ball and receiver go offscreen and you cant see wtf is going on.

There's nothing to think about, just punt normally.

woah again

That's a good get, was hoping the Bills would get him. FMT can chime in better than I can, but I think he coached up a lot of guys when he got there.

eznark

Banned
I think I'm going to kill my computer via static electricity while plugging in USB devices or touching my phone while it's plugged into the machine.
Have blue screened it twice in the last 2 weeks cause all the static in the house.

interesting. Wonder what roll he'll take on.

Maybe they are going the New Football route and he'll be the Run Game Coordinator.

Fuck I hope not

LJ11

So you can't directional punt?

Of course you can man, we all do. Just don't line drive that shit, like point the arrow all the way down and blast it so the ball bounces half a dozen times and throws the camera off.

It's a problem with the game.

Top Bottom