• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

rinse82

Well, shit. I will pray for triple OT.

Does Madden allow you to create a pre-draft ranking sort of thing so it will auto-draft players in an order you would predetermine?

1383922467714.gif

EA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How do you guys manage your prep time? I want to try and progress a number of players but sinking all of my prep time into one guy at a time seems completely counterproductive.

It's not like I can force feed them the ball either, they are all linemen.

brentech

How do you guys manage your prep time? I want to try and progress a number of players but sinking all of my prep time into one guy at a time seems completely counterproductive.

I'll use prep on guys that need a swift boost like my rookie Hb that needed carrying upgraded badly. Only one training on him a week though.
Then usually hit up other youth players like my 2 WR and my MLB. Usually only bother with guys that are 3 seasons experience max.

My offense (Browns) is rated in the 90s now, and my D is low 80s so I need to start devoting more to that side. My rookie MLB did get boosted over Karlos Danby in the off-season so he made some real strides. Need to develop my front now.

GQman2121

Banned
I threw every point I could on a weekly basis at Tyrod. I did the live play drills to try and maximize his XP and anything leftover on film study or whatever else earned XP. It adds up over time. But he's a skilled position player. I have no idea about linemen. They seem to be an afterthought to the system in place. Defensive players too. It's difficult during the season to see much of a change.

eznark

Banned
Weekly destiny check. Does xur have upgrades for my legendaries? Nope. Shut down destiny.

No one hates their players more than Bungie.

Greg

I tried putting all my points into Bortles in the first season before I knew confidence would wreck all my shit, but whatever XP I put into him I ended up losing even more between seasons anyways

and it's not like I can dig myself out of the hole with so few hours per week and so many depressed players, so I just let the computer handle that shit now

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I tried putting all my points into Bortles in the first season before I knew confidence would wreck all my shit, but whatever XP I put into him I ended up losing even more between seasons anyways

and it's not like I can dig myself out of the hole with so few hours per week and so many depressed players, so I just let the computer handle that shit now

EA gonna EA. That's exactly what I feel like, whatever I do is going to get washed away in the off-season.

brentech

the first season i did confidence training. But I don't think that even at 0 confidence that it's a huge problem so I kind of stopped caring about it.

Only putting points into experience gain.
Sure a player can drop a ball or something here and there or QB lofts one off target, but by and large, it really isn't the problem. I had those same issues when my guys had high confidence so I said fuck it and moved on.

The base overall means something, sure, but how you play and just sticking with a playbook you're comfortable with is more important.
I switched to the packers playbook the last 2 weeks and my offense was greatly improved.

Cleveland had some good run schemes, but the passing plays they have that all the playbooks don't share were largely complete shit.

So, to me the bigger problem is the huge drops in the offseason. That shit is just broke.

I spent most of my points developing my two offensive linemen, one had quick and one had superstar development with decent Consistency. They're going to be important so I figured to get them up before it gets harder

Somnia

I half agree there. He carved out his own role decently.

But man, kotaku. I should have guessed he wanted to get back with totillo

He also probably is getting paid more at Kotaku and has more resources to do his type of articles. I think his type of "investigating" and shit fits in better at Kotaku too.

I wish he didn't leave giantbomb though as he brought another perspective on shit, hope he still shows up for the E3 shows.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He also probably is getting paid more at Kotaku and has more resources to do his type of articles. I think his type of "investigating" and shit fits in better at Kotaku too.

I wish he didn't leave giantbomb though as he brought another perspective on shit, hope he still shows up for the E3 shows.

I just have a general opinion of games journalism being a dying thing. So to go somewhere to do more or that seems weird even if he is getting paid more.

I also think kotaku is a pretty shitty site so there's that

Somnia

I just have a general opinion of games journalism being a dying thing. So to go somewhere to do more or that seems weird even if he is getting paid more.

I can't remember the last time I've been to kotaku, so I have no idea if they've improved. They were pretty shitty last time I went though for sure.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pretty sure they've gotten progressively worse over the years. It might fit him better and pay him more but man that site sucks.

Ultimately whoever takes his place at giantbomb will just mean more Vinny so I'm cool with that.

Sokantish

I automate it

eznark

Banned
Kotaku will be more friendly to his personal crusades, and Giant Bomb can get back to ignoring the social justive stuff and being dumb as fuck with no pretentious children there to fuck it up. Great!

Somnia

Kotaku will be more friendly to his personal crusades, and Giant Bomb can get back to ignoring the social justive stuff and being dumb as fuck with no pretentious children there to fuck it up. Great!

That's what I meant by his "investigating" but couldn't think of a way to put it, glad you could!

BigAT

Hard hitting investigations:

"10 Comics That Shut Down Terrible Internet Arguments"
"Pre-Order: 55% off the Limited Edition Code Black Drone W/ HD Camera"
"9 Video Games That Left Us Defenseless and Scared"
"I Finished These 26 Video Games in 2014"
"Get 15% Off 3 Months Plan Of Loot Crate's Geek & Gamer Box"
"Pass Go and Collect 200 Rupees, 33% off Shovel Knight, and More Deals"
"Neill Blomkamp's Secret Alien Movie Looks So Good We're Furious"
"Giving Money as a Gift, Turned into an Art Form"
"The MacGyver intro without music is hilariously ridiculous"
"Hot Toys' Darth Vader Is Impressive, Most Impressive"
"Year-End Cosplay in Japan: The Cute, the Sexy, the Weird"

Greg

the first season i did confidence training. But I don't think that even at 0 confidence that it's a huge problem so I kind of stopped caring about it.

Only putting points into experience gain.
Sure a player can drop a ball or something here and there or QB lofts one off target, but by and large, it really isn't the problem. I had those same issues when my guys had high confidence so I said fuck it and moved on.

The base overall means something, sure, but how you play and just sticking with a playbook you're comfortable with is more important.
obviously it's harder to make the comparison the longer we play in franchise and the rosters/stats change, but my only reference is how I play and how the team peforms outside of franchise (a statistically worse Jags team at this point too)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I met Patrick years ago at a few E3s, he was as passionate about journalism as he was about the games industry itself. I guess it makes sense for him in that sense.

I feel like my entire team is 99 confidence after winning the superbowl. Think I got +50 to every player for winning it

DinnerDance.gif

Glad I don't play you this year.

Smokey

Getting paid more to do what you do is the goal in life.

People gotta eat. He'll be fine and do well. I've always liked him.

Ferny

Pretty sure they've gotten progressively worse over the years. It might fit him better and pay him more but man that site sucks.

Ultimately whoever takes his place at giantbomb will just mean more Vinny so I'm cool with that.
Actually this past year they've gotten a lot better. I don't visit every day or even every couple weeks, but I follow Totilo on Twitter and he'll link to a lot of interesting articles from himself and Jason and adding a guy like Patrick to that mix is going to do well for the style they've been striving for the last year.

Somnia

Anyone ever watch the tv series The 4400? I'm mid way through the 2nd season now on netflix and it's pretty interesting. Hear it got canceled at the end of the 4th season though due to the writers strike.

eznark

Banned
Actually this past year they've gotten a lot better. I don't visit every day or even every couple weeks, but I follow Totilo on Twitter and he'll link to a lot of interesting articles from himself and Jason and adding a guy like Patrick to that mix is going to do well for the style they've been striving for the last year.

I just have no interest in the types of things Klepek writes about. Jason does good industry stories, Klepek does what he considers human interest stuff tangentially related to the industry. I'm sure some long form gamer gate thing will be coming from him soon. Whoopiededoo

Ferny

I just have no interest in the types of things Klepek writes about. Jason does good industry stories, Klepek does what he considers human interest stuff tangentially related to the industry. I'm sure some long form gamer gate thing will be coming from him soon. Whoopiededoo

I mean, that's fine. If you are not into his type of writing, that's not a bad thing. I, on the other hand, am into the stuff he writes about. It's all about interest in the end.

brentech

obviously it's harder to make the comparison the longer we play in franchise and the rosters/stats change, but my only reference is how I play and how the team peforms outside of franchise (a statistically worse Jags team at this point too)
Yea. I think there is a difference in how the game plays outside of franchise mode as well.

Too many variables.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It amazes me that Gamers Gate is still a topic of discussion.

Top Bottom