• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

rinse82

Looking for picks

Mario Williams ($9M owed this season)
OVR 96
SPD 83
STR 88
ACC 90
AGI 83
AWR 83
PMV 73
FMV 85
PUR 87
TAK 75

GQman2121

Banned
Fair enough Bob. I look forward to watching your defenders develop this year. :)

I've cut Ray Rice. It freed up less than a few hundred thousand after the cap penalty but he was doing nothing and it will allow me to sign a FA somewhere else.

I've also switched one of my rookies from last year, Holland, from WR to RB. I drafted two decent (mid and high 60's overall) WRs last year and Holly was primarily used as a kick returner until late in the year when the other rookie, Dupree, went down injured.

Holland is 6-3" with a 97 spd and 93 acc ratings. He didn't drop in either after the switch. However his awareness went from the high 50s to mid 40s. His trucking and carrying are also fairly low which is a concern.

The reason I'm typing this is to ask about the preseason games which we sim.

If I put him in as my starter for the duration of the preseason will that mean he'll take the majority of the snaps and receive the XP boost? I really don't want to risk Pierce, Tyrod or any other key starters if I can. I'd much rather throw these fringe players into it mix.

brentech

I'm still entertaining offers for Adrian Peterson and the first pick in the draft.
Still want your boy mallet?
If I put him in as my starter for the duration of the preseason will that mean he'll take the majority of the snaps and receive the XP boost? I really don't want to risk Pierce, Tyrod or any other key starters if I can. I'd much rather throw these fringe players into it mix.
This is a good idea

Mrbob

Aren't injuries turned off for the preseason? If not why not?

Also, the advance to the next stage isn't until later tonight? I'm stuck at a birthday party right now, have to go to another one tonight, but I'll have a little free time around 5 central hopefully. Want to check on free agents before heading out again.

Also, the advance to the next stage isn't until later tonight? I'm stuck at a birthday party right now, have to go to another one tonight, but I'll have a little free time around 5 central hopefully. Want to check on free agents before heading out again.

yes we turn off injuries for preseason. who said otherwise?

p.s.

league vances in 2 hours (1 pm pst)

We can still scout on the next stage right? I don't want to finish my scouting until I know what I'm getting from FA

yes sir! that is why i'm advancing to the final stage before the draft early so people know who they did or didn't get in FA and have time to do their scouting.

i've found some pretty legit names in the scouting pool! Tiger Jean....

rinse82

yes sir! that is why i'm advancing to the final stage before the draft early so people know who they did or didn't get in FA and have time to do their scouting.

i've found some pretty legit names in the scouting pool! Tiger Jean....

Tiger Jean def high on my draft board due to name only

Mrbob

True. Not everyone needs about 12 more starters like I do. Can't wait to see how badly people over pay for players.

GQman2121

Banned

yes we turn off injuries for preseason. who said otherwise?

p.s.

league vances in 2 hours (1 pm pst)

I don't why I thought injuries were on for the pre-season.

I'll still mess around with my depth cart so that my young guys get more reps and see how that turns out.

GQman2121

Banned
I thought TRUCKING would be an important stat for a RB (seems to help Hyde fall forward every time), but looking at it, McCluster is a measly 40. Fuck that, I'm all in on building CARRYING instead.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can we just advance? This is pointless, no one is changing anything. We can at least get going on scouting after seeing where the FAs land.

I thought TRUCKING would be an important stat for a RB (seems to help Hyde fall forward every time), but looking at it, McCluster is a measly 40. Fuck that, I'm all in on building CARRYING instead.

STR is important too.

Top Bottom