• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

DCX

DCX
I couldn't stop your over the top passes. GG DCX. My time management was awful at the end.
GG Jabee, I felt pressured all game. I wasn't in a rhythm that I wanted to be in but i was lucky to spread you out and hit Tiger Jean deep twice. I felt lkike you left too much time on the clock but I usually choke those drives away. settled in and made sure I gave Prater some room...he nailed it!

Timmons is a beast!!! Rookie RE forced that fumble and my Center creates a push on run plays. Love this team!!

DCX

Good game Nightz, I really thought you were gonna threaten after those first two 3 and outs in the second half. Your aggressiveness ended up coming back to bite you though, though I can understand why you were selling out so heavy.

Sokantish

GG LJ, couldn't get anything going all game. No rushing and Carr was missing passes all over the place. The only time he was right on target was when I made dumb decisions and threw right to your guys

LJ11

GG LJ, couldn't get anything going all game. No rushing and Carr was missing passes all over the place. The only time he was right on target was when I made dumb decisions and threw right to your guys

Thanks for game man. I put you to sleep with my O, boring but I dinked and dunked.

If anyone else wants to roll let me know, down for another one before bed. I love this Bills team by the way, Beast squad.

LJ11

Thanks for the game Greg, persistence on the deep ball paid off. Man I love Watkins. This game is strange, seems like under center is the way to go when dropping back.

Greg

Thanks for the game Greg, persistence on the deep ball paid off. Man I love Watkins. This game is strange, seems like under center is the way to go when dropping back.
good game man - felt bad that the deep ball that slipped through was the one that was least likely to get caught

pre-snap you had no one even close to him, sent him out on a hot, but the DB shot over fast by the time I was able to let the ball go

your run D is damn tough... kept trying, but there wasn't much there at all

eznark

Banned
I figured out his offense but it was too late. And I was too far behind and had to throw too much. Anyway, if anyone wants pointers, I can help you out.

Then you figured it out before me because that's the first time I ever used that playbook! It sucks. There are only like ten plays.

DJ Bowser

Sanjuro has been MIA all day. We have trade talks to resume!

Who else has a good backup? Soka does, but I doubt he'd want to trade me... though it would be the right thing to do after he broke Andrew Luck!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice, thanks ez for at least lowering the Seattle confidence a little bit before they trounce me. I will lose by only 50 points and not 75.

Looking at the stats though, ez only had 155 total yards. What did you do that was so different?

Sanjuro has been MIA all day. We have trade talks to resume!

Who else has a good backup? Soka does, but I doubt he'd want to trade me... though it would be the right thing to do after he broke Andrew Luck!

I've got a good one and he has 83 SPD, my main man Brendon Kay. Was 4-0 as a starter for me last season in place of Nassib.

eznark

Banned
Nice, thanks ez for at least lowering the Seattle confidence a little bit before they trounce me. I will lose by only 50 points and not 75.

Looking at the stats though, ez only had 155 total yards. What did you do that was so different?

He scored on his opening drive then never again. I kind of shut my own offense down halfway through the third and just played field position since I was very confident in my ability to stop his passing attack.

I'll tell you what though, I'm not using the Chip Kelly playbook ever again, there just isn't enough variation.

rinse82

How did my man Swipe do?

Cola and I didn't get our game in, Swope's debut will be tomorrow night. Really looking forward to see how this rebuilt OL does, my run-game was non-existent last year and it made generating any offense difficult.

Swope (RG) and Kitchens (C) are both Superstar Development. As well as CB Phelps that I got in the 5th round.

Phelps is 81 OVR with mid 80's in MCV/ZCV and 90 PRS. Too bad his SPD is only 85 otherwise it would've been a mega steal.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cola and I didn't get our game in, Swope's debut will be tomorrow night. Really looking forward to see how this rebuilt OL does, my run-game was non-existent last year and it made generating any offense difficult.

Swope (RG) and Kitchens (C) are both Superstar Development. As well as CB Phelps that I got in the 5th round.

Phelps is 81 OVR with mid 80's in MCV/ZCV and 90 PRS. Too bad his SPD is only 85 otherwise it would've been a mega steal.

There is room for 85 SPD CBs in this league since we mostly all sit in zones. Depends on your calls but I would just keep him away from the outside in a cover 3 scenario since those are 2 of the 3 deep defenders. If you run a cover 2 based zone scheme then you can play him wherever.

Very few people take deep shots anymore, I only do it based on the coverage.

rinse82

There is room for 85 SPD CBs in this league since we mostly all sit in zones. Depends on your calls but I would just keep him away from the outside in a cover 3 scenario since those are 2 of the 3 deep defenders. If you run a cover 2 based zone scheme then you can play him wherever.

Very few people take deep shots anymore, I only do it based on the coverage.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well. I have Cortez Allen and GIlmore as my anchors, so Phelps will be a good fit.

He scored on his opening drive then never again. I kind of shut my own offense down halfway through the third and just played field position since I was very confident in my ability to stop his passing attack.

I'll tell you what though, I'm not using the Chip Kelly playbook ever again, there just isn't enough variation.

Yeah, basically this. Although I feel my passing attack was fine until I got into the red zone. I think I had two picks there and another turnover on downs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah, basically this. Although I feel my passing attack was fine until I got into the red zone. I think I had two picks there and another turnover on downs.
Damn, too bad my passing defense is hot garbage. Sanjo tore me up for 300+ yards. Tho I guess I can say it's cause my run D is S tier.

eznark

Banned
First half for sure. I was always keeping my safeties deep because I thought you'd take shots to Harvin. Second half I just used haha to jump your first reads which worked well since you never tried to take the top off my d. Was basically just willing to always give up 5 yards and hope you Clemson'd eventually.

First half for sure. I was always keeping my safeties deep because I thought you'd take shots to Harvin. Second half I just used haha to jump your first reads which worked well since you never tried to take the top off my d. Was basically just willing to always give up 5 yards and hope you Clemson'd eventually.

Even with Harvin, I can't take shots. Deep balls don't work in Madden 15. You know that.

eznark

Banned
Even with Harvin, I can't take shots. Deep balls don't work in Madden 15. You know that.

With some guys they do, and I thought with my rookies in the front 7 you'd have time to really load up. Though my corners are kind of awesome.

Really it just came down to turnovers and me being in a position at the end of the half where I was justified running a no huddle!

With some guys they do, and I thought with my rookies in the front 7 you'd have time to really load up. Though my corners are kind of awesome.

Really it just came down to turnovers and me being in a position at the end of the half where I was justified running a no huddle!

I've also been stupidly trying to use linebackers, and you were killing me with those slants. Back to the dline for me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I've also been stupidly trying to use linebackers, and you were killing me with those slants. Back to the dline for me!

XqmmdUn.jpg

That was like your third play of the game clown! You motioned Harvin into the backfield and ran a read give to him off tackle. Was glad you didn't do that the whole game!

It wasn't a read. It was a jet sweep. It was going to him no matter what, I didn't have an option.

Top Bottom