• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

It's all I do!

highfive.gif

brentech

I've never played dline before but I might start now.

i basically didn't play it unless I was switching players to the guy i wanted to control and got stuck on dline when ball was snapped. last few games of last season and this first game, i started mixing it in about 20%. just a different look here and there

didn't do much with it, but i like the switch

Greg

it wouldn't be so OP if they didn't have the warp tackling system

if you get any separation off the snap you can hop 3 yards in any direction to make a play in the backfield

Bread

Banned
It's so easy to do the pass rush moves in madden this year, my league doesn't have any rules against using d-line and we just had 3 guys break the sack record :jnc

Sokantish

Why don't you do it then Mr Pistol.

I still don't even know if CB is serious about pistol being broken or not but since he said it I've used it a lot less and have been trying different playbooks just so ask madden doesn't suggest pistol plays to me! So don't you give me that, BOB

I still don't even know if CB is serious about pistol being broken or not but since he said it I've used it a lot less and have been trying different playbooks just so ask madden doesn't suggest pistol plays to me! So don't you give me that, BOB

pistol isn't broken. You can run just as well out of the shotgun, I think.

Mrbob

Good to know though that those playing dline are exploiting the game. At least I have an excuse when I lose to certain opponents.

My 200 million contract seems light compared to onfield shenanigans.

Ferny

Good to know though that those playing dline are exploiting the game. At least I have an excuse when I lose to certain opponents.

My 200 million contract seems light compared to onfield shenanigans.
Exploiting the game?

Do you wake up in the morning and just think, "What shit can I pull out of my ass on this fine day?"

brentech

Yup, using some ridiculous operation sports sliders too. Not sure if that effects pass rush though.

eh, that can do it. even changes that aren't directly supposed to effect line play, do in fact change it. Same with how some of the penalty sliders effect how players do their roles

we dont have dline rules, but people aren't supposed to control OLBs blitzing. Never paid attention to what our highest sack total was though.

eh, that can do it. even changes that aren't directly supposed to effect line play, do in fact change it. Same with how some of the penalty sliders effect how players do their roles

we dont have dline rules, but people aren't supposed to control OLBs blitzing. Never paid attention to what our highest sack total was though.

I don't think anyone had more than 15 sacks last season. In my experience playing the line, it's A LOT easier to get in the backfield during run plays than during pass plays.

brentech

I don't think anyone had more than 15 sacks last season. In my experience playing the line, it's A LOT easier to get in the backfield during run plays than during pass plays.

Yeah, again, I haven't played too much line play in league games, but the little bit I did yesterday, I felt like I mostly got stood up or would push a guy back a few steps and then get shoved to the ground or get doubled and couldn't break off it it.

Not to say that pushing the pocket didn't have an effect for other guys, but it wasn't like I was just cutting through and chasing all the time. I think I got broke through on one play, and couldn't get to Tanny

I don't think dline play is a problem. There are just some players like Watt and company that are nearly impossible to shut down. Much like in real life, so I don't see a problem

Sokantish

I notice how OP it is on running plays, you cannot be anywhere near someone that is being user controlled or you're going down. That's how it felt like for me, at least. I don't really notice it on passing plays

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm happy we're all coming around to things I noticed like 3 maddens ago.

Playing d-line is garbage

brentech

it is pretty tough to run on. there was a couple plays yesterday that I thought I was going to break a decent run and just couldnt get far enough away from his guy in time.

I didn't realize there was a free Driveclub xpac until yesterday. Finally finished the main tour mode today and then went back and got all the other tour trophies I was missing because I didn't have that pack unlocked >.<

Is there anything in the world CB isn't the best at/hasn't thought of first?

Fucking presence of greatness boys.

good thing he has all those super bowls to show for it

Bread

Banned
The computer seems to avoid lineman better than a user can, I usually just press A to snap it, let the computer controlled RB hit the hole, then take control.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Poor cb. Can he ever overcome his superbowl curse?

It used to bug me more. Between the game not being as fun as it used to be and some other factors ive already talked about at length this year, im pretty content with losing at some point in the playoffs and having madden free dota time for a good week or so.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No one has complained about Wellington's sack totals yet so I doubt there is an exploit or he'd be using it.

Yeah, if there was a true exploit I would have found it long ago.

I actually prefer when people play DL to not. It's way easier to run against since users will commit early on to a direction whereas the AI won't and just eat you if you come close to them. Further, I have never had anyone even sniff a user sack against me to my recollection.

I still laugh from that one year with Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson. All I did was slide right and attack right and it created a situation in which the DT would attack the right tackle and the guard would not be able to compensate. All anyone ever had to do was adjust their slide protection and it was totally nullified.

The only way I get free nowadays with JPP is with an overload. I feel like the DL play in general as far as pass rushing goes is way underpowered. Rarely ever does anyone generate pressure rushing 4.... except LJ.

Ferny

It used to bug me more. Between the game not being as fun as it used to be and some other factors ive already talked about at length this year, im pretty content with losing at some point in the playoffs and having madden free dota time for a good week or so.
We get it. You love Dota.

DJ Bowser

Dysert could be available for the right price, Bowser!

What's the right price? An apology for keeping Mccluster from his place in history?

I figured you'd be more inclined to get rid of Ty Phelps since he's your backup and has clearly inferior stats to Dysert.

Gotta boot up my PS4 and took a look at Fitzmagic the Harvard Dragon's stats. He's the only QB with a suitable beard to fill in for Luck.

Greg

I notice how OP it is on running plays, you cannot be anywhere near someone that is being user controlled or you're going down. That's how it felt like for me, at least. I don't really notice it on passing plays
yeah, it's even worse on outside runs when you don't need to set an edge because they'll let you skip across the field at weird angles anyways

I didn't realize there was a free Driveclub xpac until yesterday. Finally finished the main tour mode today and then went back and got all the other tour trophies I was missing because I didn't have that pack unlocked >.<t
I think there's 2 they released for free

I picked up the season pass just for the new cars they're releasing with the packs though

The only way I get free nowadays with JPP is with an overload. I feel like the DL play in general as far as pass rushing goes is way underpowered. Rarely ever does anyone generate pressure rushing 4.... except LJ.
you can generate some good pressure if you're user-controlling them

it's kinda like how some WRs are useless in taking advantage of their stats if you aren't user catching...

That's not winner talk

TheCrow

Rors, here the teams after the shuffle.

Secret = Kuroky, Zai, RTZ, s4 and Puppey;
EG = Fear, SumaiL, Aui_2000, Universe and PPD;
Cloud9 = EE, Fata, Bone7, n0tail and Misery;
European Rejects = H4nn1, Fly/Simbaa, Excalibur, w33haa and pieliedie;
Alliance = Loda, Akke, Bulldog, Mynuts and ?
Team Tinker = Bulba, qojqva, SingSing, EGM and ?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
you can generate some good pressure if you're user-controlling them
Like I said above, I can't ever recall an instance in which anyone has even sniffed a user sack on me. I don't remember what my sack totals are usering JPP but I think it's something like 10 for season 1 and 6 for season 2.

Greg

Like I said above, I can't ever recall an instance in which anyone has even sniffed a user sack on me. I don't remember what my sack totals are usering JPP but I think it's something like 10 for season 1 and 6 for season 2.
pressure can still influence the play though

and the weird way Madden works with having the buttons you press influence other players you aren't controlling (why is this in the game?), the line as a whole is definitely more effective at making plays if you're controlling one of them

Top Bottom