• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

I think Route running is important for TE. Cameron knows how to get open in ways my other TEs don't.

I'm looking to acquire more picks for the first overall btw.

This does not erase the dumb ass trade offers you throw out to people, and that's my point. Even for someone that knows to start high and settle in the middle, your starting points are so egregious that I've heard of multiple people saying they want nothing to do with you or just don't respond at all after that point.

And even still, Luke isn't even wrong in his reasoning. OLBs are a dime a dozen as they just aren't the impact players in Madden 16 that TEs are.

go do a search on daddyleagues and see how many LB's have 99 finesse move and with 89 block shed. Oh right Von Miller. Baldwin is one of the best pass rushers in the game at this point and is one of the top 5 DE's if you put him into that position.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
go do a search on daddyleagues and see how many LB's have 99 finesse move and with 89 block shed. Oh right Von Miller. Baldwin is one of the best pass rushers in the game at this point and is one of the top 5 DE's if you put him into that position.

one of the best pass rushers in the game = 9 sacks?

Bradon Graham is like 80 OVR and had 8.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
realized that Jabee put Malik Jackson at OLB (76), and putting him back at DE puts him at 86.

:|

Colasante

Patriots trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the Bears for CB Josh Robinson.

garo.jpeg

Goodnight, sweet prince! I hope Lil Boss treats you well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Patriots trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the Bears for CB Josh Robinson.

garo.jpeg

Goodnight, sweet prince! I hope Lil Boss treats you well.
I am confused by this.

Everyone knows I need a QB.

Everyone knows I'm not happy with this QB draft class

I send you a PM asking about Jimmy

You have the perfect opportunity to squeeze me

You never ask me and make deal with fukboi lilboss

Colasante

I am confused by this.

Sorry, I'd already accepted the trade last night before I got your PM.

Colasante

Shadowy league trade council, why did you you veto my original Garoppolo trade with Lil Boss? It was supposed to be Garoppolo for Robinson and a 4th, then we found out Lil Boss didn't have a 4th so it was going to be Garoppolo and my 3rd for Robinson and his 2nd and you vetoed it?

Shadowy league trade council, why did you you veto my original Garoppolo trade with Lil Boss? It was supposed to be Garoppolo for Robinson and a 4th, then we found out Lil Boss didn't have a 4th so it was going to be Garoppolo and my 3rd for Robinson and his 2nd and you vetoed it?

Talk to Phee on that

Greg

I am confused by this.

Bortles! Bortles! Bortles!

LJ11

OK now you're just fucking with me.

Being able to set the edge is key, there are some formations and times where I will put a TE in the slot or outside if I am running in that direction, makes a world of difference.

For me it's AWR > RBK because I want my guy, above all, to put the body on the oncoming defender. If he can't do that RBK means jack shit.

I'm not fucking with you. All we have to do is look at the MUT marketplace, it places the value for us. Jordan Reed had a few cards come out with 90+ route running, he went nowhere price wise. A guy like Barnidge held value because he can run blk.

Look at the comps below.

http://www.muthead.com/16/players/compare/12062/11577

Barnidge held value because of his RBK, Reed should have been the go to guy in that price range, but the community said fuck that.

Look at this VD card compared against the best Gronk card. Gronk's been dicked, but MUTRank has VD as the second best receiving card, his receiving stats are fucking balls. MUTHeads formula has VD as like the 30th best, Reed is ahead of him by a good distance.

Clearly, MUTRank puts heavy weight on speed and after the catch ability when weighing pass catching TE, plus VD wrecks shit in the run game. I'm inclined to agree too. I can do a lot with a guy who can run block on the line and just spam drags/corners/slants because I'm not throwing a post to the TE, that simple. I don't need a drop/tip for an int by the safety

You guys have made me feel real stupid for putting RTE in Barkley. He's at 84 there

But his catching is a 92 and CIT is a 91 so he ain't too bad

Nah, you did fine, but a TE is gold in the run game. Don't neglect it. Again, it all depends on how you use your TE.

a good route running TE is the difference between a 15 yard reception and a 70 yard TD on a smash route. If their speed isn't enough to separate them from a linebacker then i go with route running so it gives them an advantage. RBK is my second priority though so i'm with you on that.

edit: corner route on a smash concept, not a smash route

I would argue the difference between 15 yards and 70 is the speed of the TE, along with his after catch attributes.

Edit: I haven't looked at any players in this draft, not trying to downplay any particular player, just commenting on TEs.

Colasante

Yes, I saved Big Boss on that trade. Everybody (except for the guy you tried fleecing) knows you don't need Jimmy and that you need a CB. For you to get the better end of the swap AND come out 2nd...

You disappoint me time and time again

But a trade is as much about supply and demand as it is about a player's necessity to one team. I can't get better terms with a second suitor if I'm not allowed certain terms with the first suitor. I don't see why that should have been vetoed.

But a trade is as much about supply and demand as it is about a player's necessity to one team. I can't get better terms with a second suitor if I'm not allowed certain terms with the first suitor. I don't see why that should have been vetoed.

At the end of the day, you got your corner, he got his QB. The only difference is now that he isn't being fleeced out of a second rounder when your QB's value is so that nobody should even come close to giving a 2nd rounder alone for him

Colasante

At the end of the day, you got your corner, he got his QB. The only difference is now that he isn't being fleeced out of a second rounder when your QB's value is so that nobody should even come close to giving a 2nd rounder alone for him

I don't think swapping his 2nd with my 3rd is fleecing, especially given the dearth of QB options in free agency or the draft. But the shadowy council has had its say!

DJ Bowser

I will do so in 5 minutes right on the dot
I think someone did. It said we were on phase 4 on the ea connected site when I posted.

I could also be a fool.

But you won't throw to him unless he is in the slot, so why take him from me!

He'll be in the slot for me! Or he'll be in 4 WR sets. Or something. Did he sign with me?

Give me a 5th for Goodwin!

I may also drop out of the hunt for this guy. The purpose is either to keep people bidding on a speedy WR with low OVR honest with their bids or to bolster my roster to build some trade bait with other pieces.

Advanced...

Signings
Bears - CB Ladarius Webb (1 year, 1.44M)
Bills - DT Arthur Jones (1 year, 1.7M)
Broncos - ROLB Paul Kruger (2 years, 5.3M)
Broncos - DT Justin Ellis (3 years, 4.7M)
Broncos - C Andy Levitre (2 years, 6.76M(
Broncos - LG Bruce Campbell (3 years, 7.69M)
Broncos - LOLB Alex Okafor (3 years, 4.52M)
Browns - MLB Keenan Robinson (4 years, 8.99M)
Buccaneers - MLB James Laurinaitis (2 years, 9.6M)
Cardinals - LE Demarcus Lawrence (4 years, 31M)
Cowboys - TE Trey Burton (1 year, 1.04M)
Cowboys - DT Henry Melton (1 year, 6M)
Eagles - CB Kayvon Webster (1 year, 1.58M)
Eagles - CB Nolan Carroll II (1 year, 950K)
Falcons - WR Justin Hunter (2 year, 2.64M)
Jets - K Mason Crosby (1 year, 1.54M)
Lions - WR Stevie Johnson (3 years, 9.55M)
Packers - K Josh Scobee (1 year, 1.06M)
Panthers - TE John Phillips (1 year, 1.08M)
Panthers - LOLB Tony Steward (2 years, 1.48M)
Patriots - CB Tim Jennings (1 year, 5.99M)
Patriots - FB Jed Collins (1 year, 950K)
Raiders - MLB Alani Fua (2 years, 1.37M)
Rams - CB Delvin Breaux (1 year, 830K)
Rams - CB Brandon Dixon (1 year, 780K)
Ravens - K Connor Barth (1 year, 1.07M)
Ravens - CB Darrin Walls (1 year, 1.33M)
Ravens - DT Ryan Carrethers (3 years, 2.64M)
Ravens - LOLB Brandon Hepburn (3 years, 2.97M)
Ravens - C Chris Watt (2 years, 1.56M)
Ravens - FS Zeke Motta (2 years, 1.74M)
Saints - LG James Carpenter (4 years, 5.48M)
Seahawks - C A.Q. Shipley (1 year, 2.8M)
Seahawks - HB Thomas Rawls (1 year, 1.9M)
Steelers - TE Craig Stevens (1 year, 1.1M)
Texans - FS Khalid Wooten (2 years, 1.8M)
Texans - MLB Jamar Chaney (1 year, 950K)
Bears - FS Lonnie Ballentine (3 years, 2.44M)

Holy fuck they've got to fix the free agency system

You can't see anything important about the player and they lie about the schemes

Also, the next advance will be 10 ET tomorrow night. That will take us to the final stage of scouting. This is the last round of free agency. Get your final bids in!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If it involves draft picks why is the council getting involved? They allowed worse trades to go through no problem, if the legislation changed it should be retroactive and the previous trades should be disallowed.

If it involves draft picks why is the council getting involved? They allowed worse trades to go through no problem, if the legislation changed it should be retroactive and the previous trades should be disallowed.

I involved them because I wanted the deal done and Cola not to back out. Between now and the draft is a long time and you going after Jimmy G kinda proves why I tried to get it done ASAP.

You can't do the deal till draft day if it involves a pick.

Phew I was really worried with phoenix' post that I hadn't been able to sign ANY of the FAs, but it guess the guys that get multiple offers wait until the last round?

Edit: Kenny Stills about to get paid big bucks for his 92 speed lol

Colasante

The fact that Wellington also wanted Garoppolo shows why it was silly for me to have to accept an inferior trade for no particular reason. A CB and a 2nd-for-3rd pick swap for a QB with at least two suitors is fleecing? What if Wellington were willing to go above that?

The fact that Wellington also wanted Garoppolo shows why it was silly for me to have to accept an inferior trade for no particular reason. A CB and a 2nd-for-3rd pick swap for a QB with at least two suitors is fleecing? What if Wellington were willing to go above that?

Wellie wouldn't have done a trade that stupid or more stupid than that.

It doesn't matter though, I vetoed it because I thought the deal sucked and that TLBB wasn't very aware of the whole situation. I don't veto everything and I let plenty go by.

Top Bottom