• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

brentech

Better Call Saul season 2!

tumblr_n2skrbf7031qhub34o1_500.gif

whoa, original gif was a disaster when not viewed on the iPhone.

Smokey

ph33 is asian and has never mentioned his height. Im pretty sure you guys aren't alone.

Drizz outchea doing his best Trump. Front and center racist.

All of you 6'5+ are a waste of height and should not be posting on GAF or playing in a Madden league

Also science has said short people live longer.

#GiantMaddengafRIP

brentech

That's tonight?! As much as I liked season 1, I didn't follow it at all during the break. That's a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, I can't say I did either. No idea what this season is supposed to bring, but I really enjoyed season 1 and everything it implied. It's fun seeing a character slowly develop when you know the endgame, which I never would have thought would be intriguing.

All of you 6'5+ are a waste of height and should not be posting on GAF or playing in a Madden league

#GiantMaddengafRIP

My 5'9" midgetness to live forever with the Asians! is it racist if it's a compliment?
yes =(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

#GiantMaddengafRIP

You're right, look at Yao Ming.

I hurt my back when I was young, was playing ball and killing dudes as always, someone on the opposing team clotheslined me while I was going for a layup and wrecked my back requiring surgery and years. Wiped out whatever time I could have used to try and get anywhere. I was good but not that good anyway so who cares

It was for the better, I wouldn't be here obsessing over a football videogame year after year with you guys..... :|

#GiantMaddengafRIP

From henceforth he will be know as Drizzler Trump

I hurt my back when I was young, was playing ball and killing dudes as always, someone on the opposing team clotheslined me while I was going for a layup and wrecked my back requiring surgery and years. Wiped out whatever time I could have used to try and get anywhere.

Uhhhh

Did he pay for the bills!??!!?!??! And did you sue his ass??

DCX

DCX

#GiantMaddengafRIP
Circumstances kept me from going to a D1 :(

Not to mention I was jipped. I stopped growing in junior high :/

DCX

If anybody else is doing spread sheets, want to compare and maybe do a mock draft tonight?

And by mock draft I mean rankings of positional players. Actually, why the fuck would we post this publicly? Also I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with my picks yet. My spread sheet also includes my current player's stats and to see just how much of an upgrade I think I may be getting. Too many needs, too few players.

196883-MikeGlennon-640x480.jpg

THE FUTURE

eznark

Banned
Good thing I joined back in, bringing the average back down to normal size.

I might be taller than Nick Saban. Might.

What happened to tinyMaddenGAF? Crow/MiG?

I'm not tiny. I'm average. ;b

I'm the short Asian of the league.

#GiantMaddengafRIP

Yeah, I can't say I did either. No idea what this season is supposed to bring, but I really enjoyed season 1 and everything it implied. It's fun seeing a character slowly develop when you know the endgame, which I never would have thought would be intriguing.

My 5'9" midgetness to live forever with the Asians! is it racist if it's a compliment?
yes =(

little voices going beep beep beep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

DJ Bowser

From henceforth he will be know as Drizzler Trump
"You know, Miami used to win, but Miami doesn't win anymore. We keep letting the rest of the league walk all over us. No more. You think the free agents they're sending over here are the best and brightest? No way! They're sending over the Jameis Winstons and Greg Hardys. Let's make Miami great again! This year we'll win- one, maybe even two games. That's my promise to you."

Also my mock doesn't really rank 4-3 DEs. I've scouted all the 4-3 DTs in hopes of possibly converting one to a 3-4 DE, but what I noticed is that 3-4 DEs top 3 attributes are usually hit power, block shed, tackle. A 4-3 DT's top 3 attributes are typically tackle, power move, pursuit, block shed and sometimes hit power. Seems like drafting a 4-3 guy might be better. What good is hit power if I don't have an opportunity to hit the guy? I really wonder how much pursuit and lack of pass rushing skills matters for drafting a 3-4 DE. My guys get sacks and I like that. They also are terrible at defending the run when I need it even though their block shed isn't bad.

DJ Bowser

Good idea on including your current players stats in the spreadsheets. Didn't think of that. Might give me something to do while I laze about at work in the midafternoon.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have stats I look for on the guys I scouted and that's it. Like Brent mentioned, I just don't really care to go that far anymore. Prob why I suck so much this year

Also my mock doesn't really rank 4-3 DEs. I've scouted all the 4-3 DTs in hopes of possibly converting one to a 3-4 DE, but what I noticed is that 3-4 DEs top 3 attributes are usually hit power, block shed, tackle. A 4-3 DT's top 3 attributes are typically tackle, power move, pursuit, block shed and sometimes hit power. Seems like drafting a 4-3 guy might be better. What good is hit power if I don't have an opportunity to hit the guy? I really wonder how much pursuit and lack of pass rushing skills matters for drafting a 3-4 DE. My guys get sacks and I like that. They also are terrible at defending the run when I need it even though their block shed isn't bad.

My guys get nothing. My top DL had 5 sacks last year and that was after 3 in one game. I legit had no idea what to look for before and was focusing on strength like in past years. I think I figured it out tho.

My entire DL is good on paper but fucking sucks in game. Whatever its not really a position of need for me with likely 1 more season

I don't get what you guys mean by you don't go that far. You don't make a list or you don't pay attention to what these attributes mean at positions?

Smokey

I did the spreadsheet thing for the first time last draft. Most of my dudes were gone except for poppy da gawd.

This season I haven't done shit. My scouting points sat there for most weeks unused :(

brentech

Oh, to be sure, I make a list, but it's just a list of names by position in order of interest. Nothing extra.
I know what my biggest needs are and work from there if I absolutely have to fill it, otherwise take the best player. You know I've never been coy with you about who I'm looking at or what I think a player is.

BigAT

Putting together extensive scouting reports based off of 3 stat grades seems kind of silly. Let's not pretend like it isn't still a fairly big crapshoot.

LJ11

Man, I can't wait to get this season started!

DCX

Yeah, me too.

Kind of want to start grinding some MUT again, wish I had more coins, some awesome players released.

Putting together extensive scouting reports based off of 3 stat grades seems kind of silly. Let's not pretend like it isn't still a fairly big crapshoot.

Yeah, it really is. This game is one big dice roll at times.

Draft sucks at the positions I want, so it must be a great DL draft!

Smokey

Eh

I don't really know how Landrum and PoppyGod fell to me tbh. I thought it was clear cut they that were pretty great, and didn't think they had a chance to last into the late 20s. I was trying to trade up into the top 10 on one of them, I was so concerned they were gonna be gone.

LJ11

Eh

I don't really know how Landrum and PoppyGod fell to me tbh. I thought it was clear cut they that were pretty great, and didn't think they had a chance to last into the late 20s. I was trying to trade up into the top 10 on one of them, I was so concerned they were gonna be gone.

That's part of the crapshoot, just don't know who will do what. Like I knew some of the LBs last year looked great on paper, given what we all knew, but I had to take a WR.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I feel like the sorting is good enough in the game. I've used all my points every week for the first time!

Well Good for Yooooou.

I'll probably only have actual scout data for at best, the 1st 2 rounds. Going to be fucking sketchy after that.

Will consider trades on draft picks (#3 in all rounds). Best guess of needs are QB, Center/Guards, a 2nd/3rd WR, Linebackers and Free Safety. Draft Picks for next year could also work.

I don't think I've taken someone who I thought would be good and they sucked. you guys have taken guys I thought would suck and they ended up being good though

Somnia

I don't think I've taken someone who I thought would be good and they sucked. you guys have taken guys I thought would suck and they ended up being good though

I took one guy in my first draft I thought he'd be better than he is, he's a starter for me now and has improved, but not where I want him to be. My RB turned out better than I thought he'd be so that made my day.

DJ Bowser

Man, I can't wait to get this season started!

I hope you have to play the NFC West this year.

And the NFC East.

This is my first draft doing anything in depth. First draft I knew I wanted Mckay and just added people to the watch-list. Got one really good pick in the second round (FS) but not much else. With my roster I didn't really feel like developing anyone sub-79 OVR unless they had some really interesting stats.

Last year my draft was the Rodgers trade and a second round 3-4 DE I wanted to put at DT. Since I have two high picks, I decided now was the time to try the spreadsheet life.

Top Bottom